Garnett now a part time role player

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Garnett now a part time role player

I remember many Doc quotes about players saying all we needed was rebounds and defense...nothing else.. stuff to that effect.  Freezing out players is Docs strategy, he compartmentalizes each player into weird pieces of a basketball team puzzle he concocts in his head.

Even if Bass is a horror show in the post, much like Rondo was with his jumper.... he still has to show there occassionally to prevent defenses from dialing in and eliminating another player on our offense. Remember how teams would ignore Rondo on the perimeter.... giving them a quasi free safety to roam and double team cause they knew Rondo wasnt gonna take or hit that jumper.  Knowing Bass only is "allowed" in the Celtic offense to spot up for jumpers.. he losses respect of the defense.... removing another chunk of the floor they dont have to defend.

Bass should get posts in the flow of the game... dont have to be plays called for him. If hes feelin it or has a mismatch, feed him in the post occassionally... got to keep everyone involved to some degree or you get Darko, Barbosa et al type meltdowns.... and its better for the team as well imo.

Look, I cringe when Bass gets a pass and hes not wide open for a jumper.... he truly personnifies the "deer in the headlights" metaphor... but if the kind cant be involved then he shouldnt get the minutes he does

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

I remember many Doc quotes about players saying all we needed was rebounds and defense...nothing else.. stuff to that effect.  Freezing out players is Docs strategy, he compartmentalizes each player into weird pieces of a basketball team puzzle he concocts in his head.

Even if Bass is a horror show in the post, much like Rondo was with his jumper.... he still has to show there occassionally to prevent defenses from dialing in and eliminating another player on our offense. Remember how teams would ignore Rondo on the perimeter.... giving them a quasi free safety to roam and double team cause they knew Rondo wasnt gonna take or hit that jumper.  Knowing Bass only is "allowed" in the Celtic offense to spot up for jumpers.. he losses respect of the defense.... removing another chunk of the floor they dont have to defend.

Bass should get posts in the flow of the game... dont have to be plays called for him. If hes feelin it or has a mismatch, feed him in the post occassionally... got to keep everyone involved to some degree or you get Darko, Barbosa et al type meltdowns.... and its better for the team as well imo.

Look, I cringe when Bass gets a pass and hes not wide open for a jumper.... he truly personnifies the "deer in the headlights" metaphor... but if the kind cant be involved then he shouldnt get the minutes he does

Bass is being showcased. It won't be long now before he gets traded.

He may well be traded, but there's little to showcase that the league doesn't already know. Seems he was picked up as a reliable situational jump shooter, standard one-on-one defender, and a nice guy to replace the more complex BBD.

In nearly all other aspects of the game, he's a mess, a real liability. Last night he had loads of those stupefied, which way did they go, events. It all happens just too fast, a step away, and looking in the wrong direction for him. Teams know this well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

In response to damfuno's comment:

All true enough but if the Celtics keep playing with the lackluster jump shooting team they are the Boston fans will not tolerate it and the boo birds will be flocking more that the swallows of Capistrano.......I believe that the Boston fans are maybe second behind the Philadelphia fans as far as expectations of having an elite team.......and as we stand now we are far far away from being an elite team........no owner wants to see his team on national TV get booed for poor uninspired performance

Jan. 15 is less than 3 weeks away. A change will be coming.

GOTCHA AGAIN SON...

Claiming me as your son is kinda creepy, don't ya think?

Only for people with twisted minds and repressed desires like you can relate to and understand perfectly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Garnett is now a part time role player for 11 million a year.  23 minutes last night.  Good thing we are saving him for the playoffs.  Love seeing the Celtics raise the white flag early in these games and say, "Well, it's obvious we are not going to beat you, so we'll rest KG for the playoffs."  Blow it up now.  This team does not have enough talent to afford the luxury of a 11 million dollar role player.  We need guys who can play 40 minutes a game.  Trade him to Minnesota for Kirilenko and Derrick Williams.  He'll agree to that trade.  It elevates Minnesota and it helps the Celtics.

Please make it happen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

GREAT ARTICLE. LOVED IT!

In past interviews, KG said he doesn't want to go back to Minny.

Also, KG has a no trade clause in his contract. That's the Celtics way of saying you'll not have to worry about being traded.

it's never to late to get him to agree to a CHEAP buyout or roll some tape of him stinking and respectfully ask him to waive the trade clause and work out some deal where you get rid of him and pay part of his salary.

1200 or 1300 games into his career, KG's ship has sailed.  especially as trying to fake a 5 and being THE ONLY REBOUNDER ON THE FLOOR- what a ridiculous idea.  bass is awful, he plays 3 inches less than his size just like green plays 5 inches less than his size.

ainge has a lot to answer for assembling this troupe of stiffs and actually slapping a 'we're going to try to win it all' label on it one more time.  especially with a drone like rivers as a coach.  you need to get imaginative when you get old- yet buckle down and define roles early and often, not the doc ADD every night is different crap

the only ROLE doc defined this year was that bass is not to go in and try to post up.  brilliant!  you see how bass' game has withered up and died.  doc is really a smart guy!!  after all, we have OLD PIERCE and OLD GARNETT- we have SO MUCH overabundance of talent in the post!!!  bass is ugly to look at down there but he can make a couple of moves and draw LOTS of fouls shots in short order.

and the last point is MORE IMPORTANT than many will ever realize.  we are in the basement of the league, again, in FTA per game.  FT's allow for REST for an old team- better yet, let's have YOUNG GUYS like bass and rondo draw the fouls instead of putting pierce and KG in the hack-o-matic to tire THEM out.

really, it's not rocket science.  doc and danny have come up dividing by zero on a roster and coaching method once again.  doc has no coaching method- just throw it together and see what it does and then tinker the crap out of it.  jeff green's really THRIVING under this system!  green has serious apparent issues with heart and desire since he's left OKC to begin with!!!  we don't need to role shift him night to night!

ahh, but who cares, right?  ubuntu!

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

I'm with Doc - I don't want Bass posting up.  I want the ball to move quickly.

I know you dislike Rondo's ball dribbling more than me, but I think that's why Doc is trying to encourage the whole team to move the ball more and to run more.   His point guard just isn't listening (coupled with the fact that its hard to run when you don't rebound!).

well, you have to work with what you have.  obviously the zero post up game restriction is benefitting neither the celtics nor bass.  you at least want to have a man playing to his salary level of $6M, right?  just so you could trade them if need be?  right now bass and green COMBINED are not playing to a $6M salary level. 

we HAVE to get bass the ball in varying spots, not just as an outside shooter stiff- absolutley ZERO good / great power forwards in the game have been banned from the paint- that's a ridiculous premise!!! 

what the hell, we've got enough ball stopping going on with rondo right now, who draws ZERO FOULS per game due to his apathy and personal agenda of (?) that doesn't rhyme with playing to his full potential. 

ALL I AM SAYING IS GIVE FREAKING BASS THREE POST UP LOOKS A GAME- he'll score one and get fouled on one- those are his efficiency stats in the post!!!  why are you hell bent on RONDO doing all the ball stopping and turnovers for this team?!!!  give bass some practice in the post and he might even get into a rhythm!

in the past i have observed the more action that you give bass, the less herky jerky and bumble prone he is and the MORE he can actually receive easy dishes from KG who is a very good passer for a big man!!!

honestly, i don't know what is so complex about the notion of a 4, ANY FOUR, getting a few post touches in a game, especially when their strictly perimeter and UNNATURALLY 100% perimeter existence is FAILING them and the team

GREAT POST. LOVED IT.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts