Garnett will sink this team if Doc lets it happen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Garnett will sink this team if Doc lets it happen

Let's get one thing straight, the NBA has probably had enough of Garnett.  Garnett backed Stern up against a wall during negotiations and then complained about the league during training camp.  I'm not surprised that the refs have cheated the Celts in a way that's uncanny for even their standards so far.  Don't think they aren't sick of Garnett's demeanor now that he's over the hill as a player.  And don't think it doesn't adversely effect the way they treat the Celtics with their whistles.

I admire the fact that he's "all in" at all times so don't get me wrong.  When he came to Boston in 2008, our dreams came true as Celtic fans.  I actually called one of my brothers and said this before he even played a game.  

However,  Garnett has a level of intransigence that most dictators fall short of and it's going to hurt this team if Doc doesn't grow a pair and impose his will by making Garnett the leader of the second unit.  He's not a first unit PF anymore, not on a team with hopes of going deep into a post season.  But this is what he's going to try to be, and he'll fall short.  And no one will dare to stop it.  Not getting David West was the killer.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Garnett will sink this team if Doc lets it happen

Garnett has been nothing but positive since he arrived. One championship and another trip to the finals and unfortunately a serious knee injury that derailed a probable third trip to the finals. Garnett is getting old and this is his last year most likely with the Celtics (at least at a salary close to this current one). I will not be negative towards him because with no Garnett the Celtics would probably been a 45-50 win team just happy getting to the second round of the playoffs. It's not Garnetts fault that some of Ainge's moves recently have not worked out as well as we all hoped they would. I live too far away to go to the games but I would never go negative on him or Pierce or Allen for getting old. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Garnett will sink this team if Doc lets it happen:
    [QUOTE] Garnett has been nothing but positive since he arrived. One championship and another trip to the finals and unfortunately a serious knee injury that derailed a probable third trip to the finals. Garnett is getting old and this is his last year most likely with the Celtics (at least at a salary close to this current one). I will not be negative towards him because with no Garnett the Celtics would probably been a 45-50 win team just happy getting to the second round of the playoffs. It's not Garnetts fault that some of Ainge's moves recently have not worked out as well as we all hoped they would. I live too far away to go to the games but I would never go negative on him or Pierce or Allen for getting old. 
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your sentiments and I'm glad you properly set the record of the big picture straight.  I too am still grateful to watch a team play the game the right way, win or loose.  Ray, KG, and Pierce are the reason for that.  I even dedicated the middle of my post to honor KG while still maintaining credibility of the fact that the truth hurts some times and it's glaring at us through the suddenly diminished capacity of his game.  

It was beginning to stare us in the face last year.  It's a problem for this team.  One problem among others that I'll talk about honestly without feeling disrespectful.  As KG says, "it is what it is". No hard feelings. Really, no hard feelings.  And we shouldn't have to buffer every post about the KG problem of 2011 with "I'm so thankful..., he's so great...", and "I know it's not right for me to say this but...".  It's already understood on one hand, and on the other hand, our ability to be open and honest about this moment is as equally sacred as the sacred memories we have about the KG of 2008.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I just can't be negative with the guy. Obviously he is playing at a very mediocre level (while his salary is obscenely huge), but to me he is like Schilling with the Red Sox. No matter how much money he was paid to be on the disabled list (Schilling not Garnett) he was a catalyst for a championship that ended a painful drout and for that I will remain grateful. I hope when Pierce returns that Garnett can maybe play at last years level (or close to it) and the Celtics big three can at least go out like McHale did. The trade of Perkins really hurt this team bad in my opinion. Garnett is basically the entire interior defense right now and he can no longer move like he once did. Maybe Ainge can pick up some center help and give Garnett some help on the inside.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont see any problem with KGs movement.. In fact, hes moving pretty well.

KGs problem is he cannot be physical with anyone.. in the post he gets pushed around on both ends of the court. He is even having trouble on those rare occassions when he puts his back to the bucket and tries to post up. He just doesnt have the power.

HEs a perimeter player and still a good jump shooter. HE rarely challenges anyone in the paint or does any solid boxing out for rebounds. Heck, last night he had what appeared to be an easy dunk...instead he double clutched, trying to shot a fall away 2 footer and it got swatted. Thats really weak for a 6'11" player.

Why Doc talks about playing him at the 5 is really shocking. HEs more suited right now at the 4 than anywhere else.

As far as the attitude, welll thats just him. The refs havent really jobbed him on too many calls anyway... just the Celtics. I read where Joey Crawfords two Techs called against the C's were recinded by the NBA...Heyt thanks, that does us alot of good... The refs are just plain garbage or are bought/paid for... Im not even as disappointed with the C's bad start as I thought Id be... the joke of NBA refs has removed alot of my enthusiasm for NBA ball...

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We can't move the  big three for anything consequential and we don't have enough talent to sit them.  We do need a big man and in retropect even the challenged Perkins looks better than what we have.

Garnett looks like the spring is out of his legs. He is getting pushed out of the way because he is playing a position he is not suited for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I'm not sure what they can do.  Since West is out of the picture, maybe the Hawks will deal Smith.  Don't know how the numbers could work on that.  if they woul be willing to take Garnett's expiring contract, which they might so that they can take a run at Howard, the Celts would have to get another player back from Atlanta as well in order to make the numbers match.

Karllost is on point, it's not his movement so much although he has lost that back to the basket, left, right, left move that has worked for him (as Petey pointed out on another post).  It's that he is getting man handled physically around the basket.  that part of his game was energy and he doesn't have the strength for it anymore.  Pekins may have meant more to Garnett on deffense than the other way around, physically that is.  Shaq meant everything to Garnett last year when he was able to play.

It looked like JJ can knock down that jump shot too.  Let him start and Garnett lead the bench unit and tutor JJ through this year.  Could be the best thing for the team going forward.

Sections
Shortcuts