Gary Harris vs. Marcus Smart

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: Gary Harris vs. Marcus Smart

Can Vonleh become an NBA center?  If not then I'd take a serious look at Smart. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I think Harris is a very solid player, but he wouldn't do as much as Smart. Defensively or leadership wise. 

You can say Smart can't shoot but he knows how to score In crunch time

I just don't see Harris with a very high ceiling compared to others

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Exum!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

What they said^

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Ditto^

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

If no Jabari and no Embiid.

What you guys think if Ainge wants to draft a guard and he has to choose between those two?

You did'nt mention Wiggins.  If we had the 3rd pick and he was available,  I would pick him just on shear upside.  If #4,  and Wiggins went to Orlando at #3...  YES,  I would go Exum over Smart/Harris/Vonleh et al. 

Let's get Exum & McDermott in the 1st round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True.

The downside is Smart could end up like Larry Hughes.

[/QUOTE]

True as well, but I'd rather take the risk of Smart. Alot of upside there imo compared to Harris

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Exum or Ennis over Smart.

But....if we keep Rondo, we have to go with Harris.  Limited question, but I'd take Harris over Smart

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

You can't build a Banner team from guards that can't shoot.

If the C's come away from the 2014 Draft with a guard as their first pick, it would be disastrous.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can Vonleh become an NBA center?  If not then I'd take a serious look at Smart. 

[/QUOTE]

If Ainge passes on Vonleh for Smart I'll do something I've never done before: change allegiances.

Vonleh is better than Randle and could be another Bosh or a KG.

IMO, Vonleh is a close 4th behind Embiid, Parker, and Wiggins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

I've seen the Kansas/Ok St game and it's easy to fall in love with Smart and bash Wiggins.

The reality is that Smart isn't a true PG. He's a #2 guard who can't shoot. He's also a flopper, who is obsessed with trying to draw fouls. That crap won't play in the NBA.

Wiggins has had his struggles beyond the arc, but he's a #3. Plus, he has good shooting form from the outside. IMO, he'll improve in this area. He also has an explosive first step and draws fouls. I believe he's got more upside than Parker.

In defense of Wiggins, the Jayhawks have schlitty guards. Tharpe isn't a true PG, Seliden is an overrated bricklayer, and Mason just plain sucks. That tells me Wiggins will be a better pro than a Jayhawk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

If the really good players decide not to come out this year it might make sense for DA to try to make a deal with the pick this year...just before the draft...if they can't get a guy who will definitely make the team better....it should be all about making the team better with each pick they make and each guy they add...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If no Jabari and no Embiid.

What you guys think if Ainge wants to draft a guard and he has to choose between those two?

You did'nt mention Wiggins.  If we had the 3rd pick and he was available,  I would pick him just on shear upside.  If #4,  and Wiggins went to Orlando at #3...  YES,  I would go Exum over Smart/Harris/Vonleh et al. 

Let's get Exum & McDermott in the 1st round.

[/QUOTE]  Ditto

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think Harris is a very solid player, but he wouldn't do as much as Smart. Defensively or leadership wise. 

You can say Smart can't shoot but he knows how to score In crunch time

I just don't see Harris with a very high ceiling compared to others

[/QUOTE]

True.

The downside is Smart could end up like Larry Hughes.

[/QUOTE]

Not comparable players

If Smart was 2" taller, 35 lbs lighter and a volume shooter with little desire to play defense instead of of a bell cow driver who plays all over the court, defends like a beast and lacks an above average shot you might have a point.

There are not a lot of combo guards with Smart's 220lbs of muscle in the history of the game. I'd think Fat Lever, Dennis Johnson, Sam Cassell, Hersey Hawkins, Andre Miller...  all were probably heavier than the 185-200lbs they were listed at, but none were as strong and atheltic in their primes as Smart.

Larry Hughes is like Jamal Crawford, Kendall Gill, Jerry Stackhouse, Jim Jackson...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the really good players decide not to come out this year it might make sense for DA to try to make a deal with the pick this year...just before the draft...if they can't get a guy who will definitely make the team better....it should be all about making the team better with each pick they make and each guy they add...

[/QUOTE]

No rookie will make the team better right way.Maybe in 3-4 years.They are projrcts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it should be all about making the team better with each pick they make and each guy they add...

[/QUOTE]

Oppose to drafting a player thinking he is going to make your team worse?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Smart without a doubt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Smart.  Buh Bye AB!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

If Smart can average 20 ppg then his shooting will not become an issue.

But like Larry Hughes, how can you dominate in the NBA if you're not a good shooter?

that's the thing everyone overrated Laettner. Smart is underrated by many now because he pushed some a-holee.

he has super leadership (needed for a young rebuild) and can find ways to score. and he may not be a dead eye shooter like some but he hits shots when it counts. he's not a rondo