Gasol again???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Gasol again???

In response to The BIG TICKET's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-is-there-a-market-for-pau-gasol/

[/QUOTE]

There are so many better options for the Celtics than Gasol and his bloated contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Things should watch....how the LAKERS WILL COMMIT ANOTHER HIGHWAY ROBBERY & will leave us behind in terms of getting a legit or franchise player. How they do it? I don't know.....maybe by paying luxury tax was easy to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Gasol is not coming here.  Unless it is for free.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Gasol would, of course, be perfect.  But these two teams have never pulled off a trade.  I think there is not only mutual respect, but a mutual lack of trust.........I heard Gasol for Boozer and Hamilton, but I think LAL gets the short end of the stick in that one. 

LAL will HAVE to take on a bad contract, but they already have so many that they will squawk about it.

And PLEASE......no Kevin Love talk....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gasol would, of course, be perfect.  But these two teams have never pulled off a trade.  I think there is not only mutual respect, but a mutual lack of trust.........I heard Gasol for Boozer and Hamilton, but I think LAL gets the short end of the stick in that one. 

LAL will HAVE to take on a bad contract, but they already have so many that they will squawk about it.

And PLEASE......no Kevin Love talk....

[/QUOTE]

Gasol would be perfect but his contract is ridiculous.  No one wants to pay him that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Very insightful post. I often wonder how the Lakers seem to pull of miracles for their franchise. The sunny weather, hot women, and great franchise history probably play a role.

Gasol service close to wash out - used up!  Lakers are very smart to put him out as a bait for those stupid TILAPIA who will take the hook. One thing though, Lakers don't care about respect on the players who gives them championship --- I guess they approached it as a business while Celtics will carry the burden of a very old players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

the Lakers have been able to bring in great players through trades and free agency....the weather, the night clubs, Hollywood, and a great tradition do all come into play...

Boston can't compete when it comes to free agency....the weather alone turns off these young dudes...

now, when it comes to trades, Boston has a great history...

Red brings in Bill Russell to start the dynasty....

then he drafts Dave Cowens to replace Russ.....

he takes a huge gamble and drafts Larry Bird as a "junior elegible"

talks the Warriors into swapping picks...they get Joe Barry Carroll (who Red never wanted) with the number one pick....we get Robert Parish and Kevin McHale

next he swaps Rick Robey for Dennis Johnson.....also trades Gerald Henderson for what would become the 2nd overall pick (Len Bias....what might have been huh?...)

Danny was able to bring in KG and Ray to usher in the "Big Three era"......before that he had the foresite to pick up Rondo....

Free agency has not and probably will not be our friend going forward.....it's just too damn cold in Boston....and today's athletes have no use for tradition like they did in the old days.....same thing in MLB....go for the money and the perks....it is what it is...

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

the sad lakers have been losing as much as the've been winning lately. 7 losses already? ugh

ROTFLMAO!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 003323344's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the sad lakers have been losing as much as the've been winning lately. 7 losses already? ugh

ROTFLMAO!!

[/QUOTE]

No problemo' my friend.  Funny how you conveniently leave out that they have been playing without their starting point guard and back up point guard for the majority of their games. Also, they have had 3 different coaches through 14 games so far. In about a month, I highly doubt that you won't see the Laker situation as sad, but you probably will be.

:D

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

i touched a nerve i see.

ROTFLMAO!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very insightful post. I often wonder how the Lakers seem to pull of miracles for their franchise. The sunny weather, hot women, and great franchise history probably play a role.

Gasol service close to wash out - used up!  Lakers are very smart to put him out as a bait for those stupid TILAPIA who will take the hook. One thing though, Lakers don't care about respect on the players who gives them championship --- I guess they approached it as a business while Celtics will carry the burden of a very old players.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, in Lakerland, it is all about business. The Lakers hold onto profitable assets, but once they get the foresight that those assets are not as profitable or might hurt the bottom line, they are gone. (Shaq). As a Laker fan, I personally love it. It is all about winning.

[/QUOTE]

Mike Brown has 11-million reasons to love the way the Lakers do business! Mike's parting message to Lakers brass: "thanks Mitch"! 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, in Lakerland, it is all about business. The Lakers hold onto profitable assets, but once they get the foresight that those assets are not as profitable or might hurt the bottom line, they are gone. (Shaq). As a Laker fan, I personally love it. It is all about winning.

[/QUOTE]

Mike Brown has 11-million reasons to love the way the Lakers do business! Mike's parting message to Lakers brass: "thanks Mitch"! 

[/QUOTE]

I am happy for Mike Brown, especially since the Lakers multi-billion dollar TV deal just happened. Thanks Jerry, Jimmy, and Mitch!

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

Regarding the TV deal, I guess everyone wants to see the Laker implosion! Question, will the Laker implosion come on before or after NBA housewives?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Bloggy.....like you said...what have you done for me lately...?    in the last 10 years the Lakers have two rings, the Celts have one, and they are 1-1 head to head....if you want to go back in time we can do it....remember one third of those Laker titles go back to when there wasn't even a shot clock...they don't even play the game like that anymore...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Isn't just amazing how thaye have won 5 championships in the past 12 years? For today's NBA, that is downright impressive. "

One reason why the lakers was so successful for the past few years. The NBA changed in the hands of DAVID WEASEL STERN. Stern treated the NBA as a business and disregarded the Celtics tradition.

In contrast, the Celtics still employed allegiancy,remained emotional team without recognizing the ball game changed drastically. They have to change drastically too.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

What did Stern do to disregard the Celtics tradition?

Stern hated the Celtics --- favored so many team like the Knicks. He treated the NBA like NASCAR but employ "restrictor plate" to the Celtics. I remember all of those things happened to Bias & Reggie. If those unfortunate happens to other team, he will rush a replacement without second guessing.

He knew, no matter how the celtics at the bottom, they will still makes money therefore no help needed. Yeah, right he balanced the league. Twenty years drought....that's sad. They won once after but it's a fluke for me.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts