Gasol to Boston ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StrongArmHnz. Show StrongArmHnz's posts

Gasol to Boston ?

Rudy Gay and Pau Gasol on the list of high-profile names available this trade season, even though we've heard more than one rival team speculate -- given that the Celtics and Grizzlies, sources say, have indeed held some exploratory trade talks since Gay hit the market -- that a three-way deal where Pierce lands in Memphis, Gasol goes to Boston and Gay joins the Lakers makes "some sense."

ESPN.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Gasol to Boston ?

In response to StrongArmHnz's comment:

Great idea the Celtics get a headcase and the Lakers get very good young player. Please think about it, why don't we take Gay. Gasol is more expensive and older and above all has played poorly for a season and a half. Forget it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Rudy Gay and Pau Gasol on the list of high-profile names available this trade season, even though we've heard more than one rival team speculate -- given that the Celtics and Grizzlies, sources say, have indeed held some exploratory trade talks since Gay hit the market -- that a three-way deal where Pierce lands in Memphis, Gasol goes to Boston and Gay joins the Lakers makes "some sense."

ESPN.com

Great idea the Celtics get a headcase and the Lakers get very good young player. Please think about it, why don't we take Gay. Gasol is more expensive and older and above all has played poorly for a season and a half. Forget it.

I agree if that is the only move.  I won't comment until I see the whole thing.  Disagree that he has played poorly for a year and a half, though.  He averaged  17 and 10 last year.  This year, he is at 12 and 8..........which could only go UP if he is the #1 low post option and rebounder.  Away from Dwight and D'Antoni, he could tear it up for us!

But, again, we'd need another move in addition to this one, OR just take Gay, like you said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I hope they don't get Gasol Even though he fits a need. I would prefer pierce straight up for gay. Make another move for center

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

No thanks. Like some of you have said, Gasol fits the needs but does not make us contenders anyways. There might be an easier fix, Pierce coming from the bench as a 6 man.  I hate when doc does not want to see the deficiencies cuz he sticks to his veterans...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

ESPN.com

I agree if that is the only move.  I won't comment until I see the whole thing.  Disagree that he has played poorly for a year and a half, though.  He averaged  17 and 10 last year.  This year, he is at 12 and 8..........which could only go UP if he is the #1 low post option and rebounder.  Away from Dwight and D'Antoni, he could tear it up for us!

But, again, we'd need another move in addition to this one, OR just take Gay, like you said.

Hedley I watched Gasol shrink before our eyes in the the playoffs of 2011.  He never recovered this year and yes his stats might improve on the Celtics, but there will be no Pierce to score.  He has behaved like a wounded headcase. Plus I don't see why Memphis would not try to deal directly with us.  Unless  there really is a laker troll in the Grizzlie management. There was in 2007 when they got Gasol for next to nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Hedley I watched Gasol shrink before our eyes in the the playoffs of 2011.  He never recovered this year and yes his stats might improve on the Celtics, but there will be no Pierce to score.  He has behaved like a wounded headcase. Plus I don't see why Memphis would not try to deal directly with us.  Unless  there really is a laker troll in the Grizzlie management. There was in 2007 when they got Gasol for next to nothing.

[/QUOTE]

well the lakers DID give up the rights to the other Gasol...the one who is generally considered to be one of the top Centers in the league today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

well the lakers DID give up the rights to the other Gasol...the one who is generally considered to be one of the top Centers in the league today.

[/QUOTE]

And how many years did it take for him to surface?  What was his value then? 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

ESPN.com

Pierce to Memphis makes a lot of sense from a basketball and money perspective.  Even though Memphis made cost cutting moves to avoid the luxury tax this year,  they still are faced with paying essentially 3 Max players (Gasol, Randolph,  Gay). They don't want to do that,  but they still want to contend this year.  Pierce could fit right into their team where Gay left off and actually be a better option. Pierce is a better shooter than Gay from distance.  The grizz gave up their 1 good outside shooter in the cost cutting move they made this week.  After this year,  they will only be on the hook for 5 mil of Pierce's contract

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Maybe these rumors are having an affect on PP 's game...if his stock drops, then deals may get cancelled...especially his aufull showing in crunch time...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to Accension13's comment:

I hope they don't get Gasol Even though he fits a need. I would prefer pierce straight up for gay. Make another move for center

I have reservations about Gasol's health, count me in on the trade Paul for Gay straight up then deal with MILW or NO for a center like Dalembert or R.Lopez. Another possibility is Danny thinking that Gasol solves the inside problem for us and the ORL/Redick rumours may also have merit under this scenario. For Pierce and ??? (doubt its Green if Pierce is also dealt) we get Gasol and Redick. Either way it signals that the organization wants to compete for the eastern championship and is not ready to start over. Since neither LAL or MEM have first round draft choices this year future picks would have to be involved or all three teams  believe these moves solve their current roster/ salary cap issues and allow them to compete this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

What makes Gasol a head case?  Gasol seems solid to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In response to shines01's comment:

What makes Gasol a head case?  Gasol seems solid to me.

Is it because Gasol suffered a concussion earlier this year after taking an elbow to the face from JaVale McGee?