Gasol Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diez4178. Show diez4178's posts

Gasol Trade

I just read on realgm.com that if the Lakers do trade Gasol they want a package that includes a athletic forward and some bench depth,which raises the ? would you trade J. Green and say wilcox and barbosa for him,I personally would.How about you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Gasol Trade

Gasol is nineteen million a year, 32 years old and not healthy physically or mentally right now. Being traded here would find him shellshocked.  It is a gamble that could ruin our season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

USED UP -- NO THANK YOU!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The lakers would never trade with us............and I believe they mean a "4", Green is a 3.  I know they want Love..............I hope Kahn is not stupid enough to trade him.......he's got 3 years left!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diez4178. Show diez4178's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

The lakers would never trade with us............and I believe they mean a "4", Green is a 3.  I know they want Love..............I hope Kahn is not stupid enough to trade him.......he's got 3 years left!!

No,they mean a athletic fwd that can run in dantonis offense,I would like Ainge to pursue Verajo from Cleveland,we have no rebounding at all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diez4178. Show diez4178's posts

I want to use Green for a rebounding machine and only 2 guys that stand out and thats Gasol and Verajo,I personally would love Verajo but what would it take?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to diez4178's comment:

I want to use Green for a rebounding machine and only 2 guys that stand out and thats Gasol and Verajo,I personally would love Verajo but what would it take?

The lakers have Artest and Jamison to play the "3".  If they trade Gasol, they have only Jordan Hill to play the "4".  The names linked to Gasol are Bargnani and Love, both of whom are "stretch " 4's.  PF's who can shoot from the outside better than Gasol.  BASS is the guy, not Green  -  where would he play???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I have no idea why anyone would want Gasol and his 19 million a year.

I know the Celtics don't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

As HedLy said, the Lakers and Celtics will not make in-season trades.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this on the "Latest on Varejao" discussion.
    If we had had Varejao instead of Bass vs Heat last year we'd won. We need a defensive upgrade and although Varejao not superb, he'll give us 10 & 10, points & rebounds and the latter turn into extra chances for our shooters. He's a feisty aggressive person in the post and reminds me of Joaquin Noah of the Bulls. It's no secret we need more rebounding...we have enough above average scorers.  

I'd offer Bass and maybe Lee too if necessary as when we get A. Bradley back, Lee could be expendable & toss in a draft pick too.

Although I'd prefer Andy V, I'd offer the same for Gasol & no more !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

A good point was raised...

Who in their right minds would take Gasol for 19M, old, broken, and sad? Probably just a foolish team. Houston maybe? I think TWolves fall into that category. Not sure if there is anyone out there who even needs Gasol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If Jerry West were still general manager of Memphis he'd probably trade Gasol for Gasol (like he did before) to bail out the Lakers. Thankfully, LA will have to look elsewhere for its "fix".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

If Jerry West were still general manager of Memphis he'd probably trade Gasol for Gasol (like he did before) to bail out the Lakers. Thankfully, LA will have to look elsewhere for its "fix".

Chris Wallace is still GM. Not West.

So maybe there's hope. ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I honestly believe they did not know Marc Gasol would be this good.  He was a throw-in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

My point is, if West were still pulling the strings in Memphis, he would trade Marc for Pau, to bail out the Lakers now that Marc is ironically better than Pau. Thanfully, Faker West is no longer there in Memphis to orchestrate his pro-Lakers shenanigans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

I just read on realgm.com that if the Lakers do trade Gasol they want a package that includes a athletic forward and some bench depth,which raises the ? would you trade J. Green and say wilcox and barbosa for him,I personally would.How about you?

Why trade quality talent for another team's garbage?

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Gasol made more sense last year.  When it was talked about right before the deadline.  I would not tough him with a ten foot pole now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Gasol made more sense last year.  When it was talked about right before the deadline.  I would not tough him with a ten foot pole now.

I am not being facetious but I don't know why anyone would want Gasol for 19 million this year.  Next year yes, because his contract will be expiring but this year I can't think of any team that it would make sense for.

The Lakers are either going to eat his salary or they are going to take an equally bad salary back.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Its like the rumors about Gasol for Bargnani and Calderon.  Why would toronto possibly want Gasol and his 19 million a year?  Honestly I cant think of anyone that would want that contract for a guy that plays at Gasol's level.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We can end this discussion I think.  Unless as Snake said they will eat a good part of his salary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

My point is, if West were still pulling the strings in Memphis, he would trade Marc for Pau, to bail out the Lakers now that Marc is ironically better than Pau. Thanfully, Faker West is no longer there in Memphis to orchestrate his pro-Lakers shenanigans.

He wasn't GM when the original Pau trade took place either. Wallace was. 

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts