Gasol will be a Celtic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

Gasol will be a Celtic

The question is simple: what team would lose more tonight? The Celtics without Rondo or Lakers without Gasol ... The answer is obvious.

Danny do this movement!

Gasol left to the last drop of sweat working for the TEAM. It is a 200% a TEAM player.

Rondo never felt the pride of a franchise player like did Pierce or Larry in the past. He´s not the player to rebuild the team.

This player will appear in the future, and as always been in the Celtics will come from the draft. Only from the draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Gasol will be a Celtic

In Response to Gasol will be a Celtic:
    [QUOTE]The question is simple : what team would lose more tonight ? The Celtics without Rondo or Lakers without Gasol ... The answer is obvious. Danny do this movement ! Gasol left to the last drop of sweat working for the TEAM. It is a 200% a TEAM player. Rondo never felt the pride of a franchise player like did Pierce or Larry in the past . He´s not the player to rebuild the team. This player will appear in the future, and as always been in the Celtics will come from the draft. Only from the draft.
    Posted by Jokerblue[/QUOTE] BINGO !!!   DO IT, DANNY, DO IT !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Gasol will be a Celtic:
    [QUOTE]The question is simple : what team would lose more tonight ? The Celtics without Rondo or Lakers without Gasol ... The answer is obvious. Danny do this movement ! Gasol left to the last drop of sweat working for the TEAM. It is a 200% a TEAM player. Rondo never felt the pride of a franchise player like did Pierce or Larry in the past . He´s not the player to rebuild the team. This player will appear in the future, and as always been in the Celtics will come from the draft. Only from the draft.
    Posted by Jokerblue[/QUOTE]

Re: The question is simple: what team would lose more tonight? The Celtics without Rondo or Lakers without Gasol ... The answer is obvious.

Of all the analyses, stats, comparisons ages, etc. etc., yours is the brightest and crystalizes my opinion of previous uncertainty of whether I would want the trade.

I feel Gasol would be the best we've had under the basket since Parish/McHale & really has that same soft touch Kevin did anywhere from 1-15 feet from the basket.

Thank You..Hope Someone gets your opinion to Danny !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oleme. Show oleme's posts

Marc Gasol yes.  Pau Gasol no.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Gasol will not be a Celtic.  Not this season anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Gasol will be a Celtic:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Gasol will be a Celtic : Re: The question is simple : what team would lose more tonight ? The Celtics without Rondo or Lakers without Gasol ... The answer is obvious. Of all the analyses, stats, comparisons ages, etc. etc., yours is the brightest and crystalizes my opinion of previous uncertainty of whether I would want the trade. I feel Gasol would be the best we've had under the basket since Parish/McHale & really has that same soft touch Kevin did anywhere from 1-15 feet from the basket. Thank You..Hope Someone gets your opinion to Danny !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Gasol is not a low post player and cant compare to Parish or McHale in that regard.  He does have a higg BB IQ and great touch from 15 ft in... good rebounder not great .... not great defensively either but he would overall add a lot

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol will be a Celtic : Gasol is not a low post player and cant compare to Parish or McHale in that regard.  He does have a higg BB IQ and great touch from 15 ft in... good rebounder not great .... not great defensively either but he would overall add a lot
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Parish and McHale don't compare to Kareem or Shaq either. So your point is moot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

Well this days with the Lakers in Boston have served to close the deal between the owners of both teams. I hope that after tonight you all you have sufficiently clear that this move is worth it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ok I'm ready to make the move. Gasol for Rondo

JON was getting abused. He has no lift and getting Gasol would weaken the Lakers. We can get by with Bradley and Moore until Ainge drafts a PG.

We just have no size and Gasol would give us a very talented frontline with KG and Bass.

Do it Ainge, I cannot watch JON anymore!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Gasol is too old to rebuild with.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Not happening!!!  Maybe trade J.O for Gasol, not Rondo. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol will be a Celtic : Just be ready for a Rondo trade because Rondo will not be a Celtic anymore after March 15 or earlier.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Wont happen!!

I know it!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol will be a Celtic : Just be ready for a Rondo trade because Rondo will not be a Celtic anymore after March 15 or earlier.

Is it guaransheeded?Smile

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I know it wont happen.  If it does happen, Kobe is going to win his sixth title while the Celtics will lose in the first round this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rondo, Jon and Daniels for Nash, Hill and Gortat!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]I know it wont happen.  If it does happen, Kobe is going to win his sixth title while the Celtics will lose in the first round this year.
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    There is no way the Lakers win a title with Rondo and without Gasol.  Take last night as an example.  If you take Gasol off the Lakers and put Rondo out there, where do the Lakers get that 25 points and 14 rebounds from?  You surely won't get that from Rondo.  There is nothing Rondo does to compensate for that loss.

Gasol's 4th quarter and OT performance is something the Celtics don't get from Rondo.  The current Laker team, WITH GASOL, needs a solid PG to make it a title contender.  If you remove Gasol from that equation, that PG has to be Deron Williams.

They would need to replace that offense and rebounding and they won't get it from Rondo.  Rondo's assist numbers would even be reduced because he would then only have only 1 HOF to pass the ball to instead of 3 in Boston.  That makes getting assists a little bit easier for Rondo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I think it's hilarious that people think Gasol would turn things around for the Celtics.  I honestly could care less whether that trade was made or not, because either way the Celtics are still just a good but not great team.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol will be a Celtic : That's where you're wrong!  The Celts are a great defensive team and an excellent shooting team. 2 ingredients that the Mavs had last year when they won a championship. The Celts just need a player like Pau Gasol to keep the defense honest because Gasol is a scorer inside and outside the paint and he's an excellent rebounder.

I am not a big Rondo fan but Dooling/Moore/ Bradley would be the worst PG tandem in the NBA.  You have to know that man. KG is half the player he used to be. Allen can still stick but can't create his own shot.  Pierce is still an animal.  I fail to see how you think this team with the addition of Pau Gasol would be much better.  Don't waste trading players this year on guys like Gasol with big contracts.  If you're going to trade anyone trade them for guys that can help in the future.  

It just makes no sense man.  You can talk all you want about how they went 6 and 2 without Rondo but Bradley and Moore are barely NBDL ready.  I've heard you say the same thing on here about Bradley numerous times.

Not trying to disrespect but it isnt happening. That trade is simply not going to happen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo, Jon and Daniels for Nash, Hill and Gortat!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I would do that but the Suns would be CRAZY to do that deal.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts