Gasol will be a Celtic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Re: Gasol will be a Celtic

I think we will be ok either way. I don't believe that we can beat Miami or Chicago with the team as it is constructed. If we trade Rondo for Gasol we would have a better chance but would not be a favorite even in that senerio. With Gasol we would have to wait 2 more years before we could do a serious rebuilt. I'm ok with that but do not want to be in the middle of the pack for several years either. Miami will start to age and if we can get young and good then we can be dominate again in the future. Getting a young top notch free agent and some great young prospects will be better in the long for sure then getting Gasol. I would still trade Rondo in the future if we can get good value for him as I don't think we can build around him, but he will make a contender a lot better that needs a PG

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Gasol will be a Celtic:
    In Response to Re: Gasol will be a Celtic : Whether we get Gasol or not, next season we will definitely be younger. We have 2 1st round picks, remember? If the Celts got Durant in 2007 you think we would have won a championship in 2008? A championship now is more important than the rebuilding process. If we get Gasol then next year there will only be 2 old players, Pierce and Gasol. 2 old players out of 13 players on the roster is bad?
    Posted by Fiercest34

I am not a Gasol hater.  I just rather to keep Rondo, and also have Gasol at the same time!!  But trading away Rondo isnt going to make the team any better!!! That is my point.

Anyway, if you want the team to get younger, why can just Ainge leave the team alone, and let Garnett, Allen, JO and other older guys walk away.  Then try to sign Howard!!!  

And last is that how often you see a team that made a huge deadline trade during the regular season and won the NBA title?   Most of the trades or roster moves were made before the season started such as Dallas got Chandler, Boston got Allen/Garnett, etc.  Only the Lakers made a big trade during the 2008 season and still lost to the Celtics in the final.  Lakers got Paul Gasol, but gave away awful alot of players including two centers, and two first round picks!!  I strongly think that the Lakers may not only want Rondo, maybe they want the Celtics's two first round picks!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Gasol will be a Celtic : Again, one step at a time. It's easier finding a very good small guy than finding a big guy that plays like Pau Gasol. I mean we're already 1-6 against the Heat the last 7 games and we haven't beaten the Bulls since 2010.  We're better off with a big man that can rebound and score than a PG that can't shoot and disappears in 4th qtrs of games. What's the use of having someone that doesn't show up for the 4th qtr. I mean the NBA is not the NHL.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I agree with you but then why would the Lakers want a guard who is moody, cant shoot and diappears in the 4th quarter??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

If we have Pierce, Gasol, Bass, Bradley, JJJ, and Moore, we could still offer Deron a max contract next season. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

My first choice is to dupe LA into a trade of Rondo for Gasol & we'll toss in JO.

But, if not, I'd be willing to do a multiple team trade where we'd trade Rondo and get Nash....yup, I know he's old etc. and we have enough old players but we would need to get Kaman also, somehow. Then next year or the next we get a PG from the draft to replace Nash ! Or, as you suggest, go after Deron. But I think we would be very competitive in playoffs with Nash & Kaman this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I would stop being a Celtics fan if Ainge ever listened to you guys and your trade ideas. How can you possible think getting another aging powerforward is going to help this team? Especially trading our best, youngest, player for him. If your going to trade rondo for a rebounding powerforward/ center you need to get younger. This league is built on athleticism now. Look at the best players in this league, or even the best teams. They are young, strong, and athletic.

I don't disagree though, we NEED rebounders. But please, lets get younger and more athletic. Stop trading young players for older players, or else we will be on the outside looking in at teams like the Heat, Thunder, etc. for the next 5 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I would stop being a Celtics fan if Ainge ever listened to you guys and your trade ideas. How can you possible think getting another aging powerforward is going to help this team? Especially trading our best, youngest, player for him. If your going to trade rondo for a rebounding powerforward/ center you need to get younger. This league is built on athleticism now. Look at the best players in this league, or even the best teams. They are young, strong, and athletic. I don't disagree though, we NEED rebounders. But please, lets get younger and more athletic. Stop trading young players for older players, or else we will be on the outside looking in at teams like the Heat, Thunder, etc. for the next 5 years.
    Posted by myaim45

There you go!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

What about Rondo for Paul Millsap? Millsap is much younger than Gasol, and is pretty dominate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Another clueless Gasol post. Lakers aren't trading Gasol, not for Rondo, not for anyone. Another option is for Doc to sit KG until he agrees to work in the post again instead of doing his best Troy Murphy impression. 

You realize that Rondo is not a fit with the Lakers right? 

You realize that Rondo is a good player even if he is not Larry Bird?

But: in a league where skilled big men are at a premium we are not going to be able to trade Rondo for a polished big man. Maybe someone with raw potential....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slipslidingaway. Show slipslidingaway's posts

Another clueless Gasol post. Lakers aren't trading Gasol, not for Rondo, not for anyone. Another option is for Doc to sit KG until he agrees to work in the post again instead of doing his best Troy Murphy impression.  You realize that Rondo is not a fit with the Lakers right?  You realize that Rondo is a good player even if he is not Larry Bird? But: in a league where skilled big men are at a premium we are not going to be able to trade Rondo for a polished big man. Maybe someone with raw potential....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=722n92v 
    This will probably cause some heads to explode, but this trade right here could be a benefit to both teams. 

KG is literally on his last legs. When his contract expires, the Celtics will need to fill his spot with another quality big. This need for quality in the front court will become desperate really soon, as in right now. And when I ask myself what I prefer as a starting front court, Bass and Gasol is much better than JO and KG. If the Celtics want to get younger, and get quality, top quality, this is one of the few possiblities out there where this can happen. But you have to toss aside the emotional ties with these players to see it.

Bradley, Ray, PP, Bass, and Gasol is a pretty dam good starting line up. The abiltity to move Gasol over to PF and bring in JO off the bench is a nice rotation up front. Do the deal after March 1st, and make the Lakers throw in McRoberts as anothyer big off the bench. Stephen A is a joke, but he might be on to something when he made this suggestion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Gasol will be a Celtic : http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=722n92v   This will probably cause some heads to explode, but this trade right here could be a benefit to both teams.  KG is literally on his last legs. When his contract expires, the Celtics will need to fill his spot with another quality big. This need for quality in the front court will become desperate really soon, as in right now. And when I ask myself what I prefer as a starting front court, Bass and Gasol is much better than JO and KG. If the Celtics want to get younger, and get quality, top quality, this is one of the few possiblities out there where this can happen. But you have to toss aside the emotional ties with these players to see it. Bradley, Ray, PP, Bass, and Gasol is a pretty dam good starting line up. The abiltity to move Gasol over to PF and bring in JO off the bench is a nice rotation up front. Do the deal after March 1st, and make the Lakers throw in McRoberts as anothyer big off the bench.
    Posted by slipslidingaway

How about this trade!!!!   

This Trade is Successful!
    Try This Trade

Boston Celtics

Owed Tax

$8,990,502

Cap Room

-$21,161,308

• Player
    • Salary
    • PER 
    • C
    • 2 Years

Hollinger's Analysis: +8 Wins

With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins by 8.

Orlando Magic

Owed Tax

-$1,076,913

Cap Room

-$11,186,087

• Player
    • Salary
    • PER 
    • PF
    • 1 Year

Hollinger's Analysis: -7 Wins

With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 7.

Projected Record Note:
    Projected records are based on the PER of the players in each team’s post-trade rotation. Taking into account the players traded and the ability of their replacements, it is possible for each team in a trade to have a better projected record, or for each team to have a worse one, or for one team to be better and another to be worse by a different number of games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Gasol will be a Celtic:
    The question is simple : what team would lose more tonight ? The Celtics without Rondo or Lakers without Gasol ... The answer is obvious. Danny do this movement ! Gasol left to the last drop of sweat working for the TEAM. It is a 200% a TEAM player. Rondo never felt the pride of a franchise player like did Pierce or Larry in the past . He´s not the player to rebuild the team. This player will appear in the future, and as always been in the Celtics will come from the draft. Only from the draft.
    Posted by Jokerblue

Your analysis is exactly why the Lakers would never make this trade now. Rondo is an amazing athlete, but lacks consistancy as a basketball player in both shooting and ball handling. Long term, he is a liability camouflaged by flashes of greatness. I too believe Rondo is gone by March 15. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Why not trade Moore for Dwight Howard?.. wishful thinking.

Because nobody's trading a good 7 footer for a good 6 footer.

Why would the Lakers do it? Yeah, they need a point guard... but not at the cost of giving up that Hi/Lo they have with those 2 guys.

Sections
Shortcuts