GERALD GREEN channels his inner PIERCE and goes off for 41 in a WIN against OKC!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

GERALD GREEN channels his inner PIERCE and goes off for 41 in a WIN against OKC!

gg is the man! what a great reclamation story. from mental midget to mental giant... its not genetic or just innate (smarts).. good for him.. hitting 3s, driving and dunking while shutting his man down! y dont we get playas like that? bledsoe will get back his job shortly but gg is in line for some big time $ this offseason. his upside is no longer just a 6th man a la both crawfords/craws.. gg is a legit starter at the 2/3 in the association..period! and for a good team no less. chicago anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: GERALD GREEN channels his inner PIERCE and goes off for 41 in a WIN against OKC!

They are playing great. They should have traded for Hump or Bass though. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

Re: GERALD GREEN channels his inner PIERCE and goes off for 41 in a WIN against OKC!

I'm happy for GG.  Hard work paid off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JHell. Show JHell's posts

I'm also very happy for GG, I'm glad his brain has finally caught up with his incredible athleticism.  And did anyone notice Shavlik Randolph is on the Suns now?  Apparently he has signed for the rest of the season with them.  I was a big fan when he was here...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Happy for GG too. He is really playing outstanding! he has a quick/high arch/effortless shot ala vintage Vince Carter..and he is flying..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to JHell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And did anyone notice Shavlik Randolph is on the Suns now? I was a big fan when he was here...

[/QUOTE]

Me too..he would have been fun to watch with these C's..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

I thought he would drift into acie earl and Kedrick brown land...looked at his stats and he's had some solid years especially this season. He's only 28 as well. Should be in his prime the next 2-4 years.

good for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

I thought he would drift into acie earl and Kedrick brown land...looked at his stats and he's had some solid years especially this season. He's only 28 as well. Should be in his prime the next 2-4 years.

good for him.

True! Kedrick Brown is a good comparison. He could have been KB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Commie I am with you on this - GG is a beast now and he has made it happen. It's actually pretty rare for an NBA player to come this late and this strong. He should be real proud. 

I can't beat up the Celts for giving up on this one, this isn't a Billups or Joe Johnson situation...everyone gave up on Gerald Green - except himself. There's a lesson there eh? :) 

Hey - how about Jeff Green for Gerald straight up? Maybe the Suns won't notice...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Commie I am with you on this - GG is a beast now and he has made it happen. It's actually pretty rare for an NBA player to come this late and this strong. He should be real proud. 

I can't beat up the Celts for giving up on this one, this isn't a Billups or Joe Johnson situation...everyone gave up on Gerald Green - except himself. There's a lesson there eh? :) 

Hey - how about Jeff Green for Gerald straight up? Maybe the Suns won't notice...

[/QUOTE]

ouch! says a lot.. jg has plateaued and gg keeps going.. hate the pun, but gg has a better HEART than jg! i actually would take gg going forward.. he's a legit star now who brings it every night and is just age 28 entering his PEAK!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

", but gg has a better HEART than jg! i actually would take gg going forward.. he's a legit star now who brings it every night and is just age 28 entering his PEAK!"

Yup!!!!!!!

I'm rooting for GG - ony problem right now is I don't think the Suns are good enough to take on the Western elite in a seven game - but who knows maybe a couple more smart offseason moves. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

", but gg has a better HEART than jg! i actually would take gg going forward.. he's a legit star now who brings it every night and is just age 28 entering his PEAK!"

Yup!!!!!!!

I'm rooting for GG - ony problem right now is I don't think the Suns are good enough to take on the Western elite in a seven game - but who knows maybe a couple more smart offseason moves. 

[/QUOTE]

part of their success is they play like there is nothing to lose. That could translate into playoff surprises.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

A 20 ft disparity doesn't hurt either.  Still, green played great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Terrence Ross had a 51-point game for the Raptors this season.

His game and Green's 41 is the NBA equivalent to Henderson Alvarez pitching a no hitter against the Tigers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I mentioned him last summer as someone we should pick up but I guess Danny didnt read my post...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Gerald Green is 28 and "is just entering his peak", while Rajon Rondo at barely 28 and is in a decline, according to some on this board.