Gerald Wallace: Done for the season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Gerald Wallace: Done for the season

Knee injury.

There goes ANY chance of packaging him in an offseason deal with............nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Gerald Wallace: Done for the season

damnit. 

He was aiding in the losing of games too. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

WOW!  And Fav got a 2nd opinion and may need knee surgery.

This is crazy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

This team was mediocre to begin with, the lottery is looking better and better every day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Top 3 or Bust!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Ainge needs to figure out a way to get 2 top 10 picks. I know it's not going to be easy but it's the only way to get back to relevance. I believe Rondo is definitely gone...and hopefully he doesn't get hurt too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The Boston Red Claws.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Tough break for the Cs. Hopefully he's ready for the start of next season. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I think Ainge needs to figure out a way to get 2 top 10 picks. I know it's not going to be easy but it's the only way to get back to relevance. I believe Rondo is definitely gone...and hopefully he doesn't get hurt too.

Only way that happens is if we trade Rondo. What teams in the lottery need/want Rondo? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Knee injury.

There goes ANY chance of packaging him in an offseason deal with............nothing.

There was no chance anyway. He's one of the worst contracts in the league. The price of three first round picks and the right to swap a fourth. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Knee injury.

He is going to be around for at least one more year regardless.

Now the Babb signing makes a bit more sense.

Johnson is going to get a lot of minutes from now until the end of the year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

The Boston Red Claws.

Good one

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

good thing g-wall has 3 mo years n his deal to cintribute... cant find guys like this just anywhere

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Knee injury.

There was no chance anyway. He's one of the worst contracts in the league. The price of three first round picks and the right to swap a fourth. 

Maybe he'll take a buyout now.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Knee injury.

He is going to be around for at least one more year regardless.

Now the Babb signing makes a bit more sense.

Johnson is going to get a lot of minutes from now until the end of the year.

Have no problem with more minutes to Johnson...he does things you rarely see on a team going down : he tries hard, is athletic and seems to be a real team player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Knee injury.

I doubt it. Why would he??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Knee injury.

I doubt it. Why would he??

To be a good guy?...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics could buyout the estimated 2.7 million left on Wallace's '14 salary plus the 20.3 million left after this (total of 23 million). Around 20 million would be my guess.

That would mean Wallace would lose 3 million, which is 2 seasons worth of veteran minimum contracts, which he would still be able to sign. He could get even more than the minimim and could pick his team, so it is a win-win.

Boston would then be able to 'stretch' the 20 million over a length of time that is twice the remaining length of his contract (2.5x2 = 5 years) plus 1 year (six years) so if they cut him NOW, with half a season still left on his current deal as far as the stretch provision is concerned, the C's will really just have 3.3m a year hits to the cap from '14-'19. Which is PENNIES of a 62 million cap.

However, if Danny desperately needs that space summer of 2016 and it could mean Wallace's 10.2 coming off or the 3.3m stretched staying on, you have to wonder what is better for the long-term of this team?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Relax Professor

i will never say the Cs will use the stretch provision. You're getting worked up over nothing. You really do need to relax and stop thinking into things so deeply.

You're getting stressed out over little things. I come on here trying to talk basketball. You start picking fights because I disagreed with you about which way the Cs would rebuild. You start name calling and acting like a child. You accuse me of being Fierce. ( Sorry Fierce).  Not very "professor" like. I think maybe you were a high school teacher rather than a professor.  I won't hold that against you though. 

Sections
Shortcuts