gerald wallace theory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

gerald wallace theory

Is Gerald Wallace overpaid, yes.. But was his diminished numbers a result of the playing style and expectations, and will a change of scenarios bring him back to his allstar form?

In New Jersey, he was the 4th scoring option at best, in portland he was the 5th. Compare this to Charlotte where he was routinely the 2nd or 3rd and thrived in the role. I think if he were put in the same role, he could be a good candidate for a reclamation project that we could sell high at the deadline to playoff teams looking for a small forward to play defense on lebron for additional assets.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wallage01.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: gerald wallace theory

I hope you're right!

He is certainly not a horrible player, just bad contract. I do worry about him eating up possible Jeff Green minutes.

I am energized about Jeff considering what I just heard from Doc on 98.5. Whne asked if Rondo is someone you can build around, doc said maybe, but mentioned that Jeff Green has the talent and is now in the situation to become a star (allstar?).

The situation that Doc was referring to is the dissipation of Paul Pierce's shadow at SF. If Jeff was the only guy on the team to play the SF spot, he would have needed to step up. If Wallace eats some of those minutes, maybe it challenges Jeff, or maybe it gives him the chance to recede.

I hope he steps up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Also, if you do consider Wallace as a Lebron defender, we now have a fairly solid anti-Lebron team with Wallace, Green, and Bass all excellent Lebron defenders/neutralizers.

Don't know about Wallace, but I'm wondering if its possible to play a lineup of:

Rondo, Wallace, Green, Bass, Center

(reminds me that that Center position really is a glaring hole)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Also, if you do consider Wallace as a Lebron defender, we now have a fairly solid anti-Lebron team with Wallace, Green, and Bass all excellent Lebron defenders/neutralizers.

Don't know about Wallace, but I'm wondering if its possible to play a lineup of:

Rondo, Wallace, Green, Sullinger, and Olynyk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think the focus now shifts away from who can guard Lebron and even melo.  Next year well be sniping wins from teams like Milwaukee.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

we need to be in the lotto next year, not trying to beat the Heat. Send Wallace to a team that needs and LeBron defender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

we need to be in the lotto next year, not trying to beat the Heat. Send Wallace to a team that needs and LeBron defender.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but you have to build up his value first. He was good for a bad bobcats team for years. Here's hoping he can be good for a bad celtics team before he's traded.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

He's been around a long time. Come trading deadline some contender will want him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Not at that contract.  Seems hard to fathom.  I guess there's always some forms ocompensation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

wallace can play some ball...this guy might lead our team in scoring...glad we got him. he's a tuff guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-LMuJ4y33g

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

Is Gerald Wallace overpaid, yes.. But was his diminished numbers a result of the playing style and expectations, and will a change of scenarios bring him back to his allstar form?

In New Jersey, he was the 4th scoring option at best, in portland he was the 5th. Compare this to Charlotte where he was routinely the 2nd or 3rd and thrived in the role. I think if he were put in the same role, he could be a good candidate for a reclamation project that we could sell high at the deadline to playoff teams looking for a small forward to play defense on lebron for additional assets.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wallage01.html

It's a shame.  I really like Wallace as a player - always have, but we can't have him on this team next year.  I don't know how they will move him, but they'll move him.  If Wallace is playing, we will be too good....and by too good, I mean 35 win good, which isn't bad enough.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's a shame.  I really like Wallace as a player - always have, but we can't have him on this team next year.  I don't know how they will move him, but they'll move him.  If Wallace is playing, we will be too good....and by too good, I mean 35 win good, which isn't bad enough.

There's good news.

The Celtics can opt to use the stretch provision on Gerald Wallace.

Here:

As reported by Larry Coon of ESPN.com, the Stretch Provision allows for the team to cut ties with a player and spread the remainder of the contract over twice the length of the terms plus an additional season. This would allow the Celtics to cut Wallace and record only $4.3 million against the cap for each season over the next seven years instead of the entire $30 million over three. Boston will have to decide how soon they want significant cap space because utilizing this provision could limit their flexibility in future seasons.

[/QUOTE]

It would really suck, though, to have a 4.3 million dollar cap hit for the next 7 years.  I hope they can find a different solution.  The stretch provison is kinda like having Courtney Lee under contract for the next 7 years.  I have high confidence that Ainge can figure something out, though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Is amnestying Wallace an option?  That contract was signed before the new CBA.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

There's good news.

Here:

As reported by Larry Coon of ESPN.com, the Stretch Provision allows for the team to cut ties with a player and spread the remainder of the contract over twice the length of the terms plus an additional season. This would allow the Celtics to cut Wallace and record only $4.3 million against the cap for each season over the next seven years instead of the entire $30 million over three. Boston will have to decide how soon they want significant cap space because utilizing this provision could limit their flexibility in future seasons.

[/QUOTE]

i don't think they will do that...to me that is more crazy..having to pay somebody 4mil for 7 years that we don't have? 7 years?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I hope you're right!

He is certainly not a horrible player, just bad contract. I do worry about him eating up possible Jeff Green minutes.

I am energized about Jeff considering what I just heard from Doc on 98.5. Whne asked if Rondo is someone you can build around, doc said maybe, but mentioned that Jeff Green has the talent and is now in the situation to become a star (allstar?).

The situation that Doc was referring to is the dissipation of Paul Pierce's shadow at SF. If Jeff was the only guy on the team to play the SF spot, he would have needed to step up. If Wallace eats some of those minutes, maybe it challenges Jeff, or maybe it gives him the chance to recede.

I hope he steps up.

Green needs to get a mid-range jumper.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There's good news.

Here:

[/QUOTE]

It would really suck, though, to have a 4.3 million dollar cap hit for the next 7 years.  I hope they can find a different solution.  The stretch provison is kinda like having Courtney Lee under contract for the next 7 years.  I have high confidence that Ainge can figure something out, though.

[/QUOTE]

exactly....i think he's going to be on this team...well i hope he is...we can't hane all crap on this team..and wallace can play some ball.

Sections
Shortcuts