Gerald Wallace to Cavs for a TPE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Gerald Wallace to Cavs for a TPE?

If they wanted Pierce maybe they want Wallace?

Bennett is someone who can come off the bench as a rookie, still recovering from an injury, not in game shape (or SF shape for that matter), he can play some backup SF and try and prove if he can do it.

The Celts would also get a future 1st from the Cavs

Then send that 10.1m TPE for Josh Smith. Smith can get 25% over that 10.1, so a deal starting at 12.5 gets him like 4/56. That's what he is worth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Gerald Wallace to Cavs for a TPE?

So now that this trade went down, do the Cavs want Wallace?

5 years younger than Pierce... but 30 million over 3 instead of 15 over 1.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The sooner we ship out Wallace and his bloated contract, the better.  Trade him before he his a chance to try on a jersey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Wallace played best in charlotte when he was running and allowed to be a josh smith type role - energy guy, defensive guy, not primary scorer. Let him run and trade him at the deadline.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Bennett is someone who can come off the bench as a rookie, still recovering from an injury, not in game shape (or SF shape for that matter), he can play some backup SF and try and prove if he can do it.

Then send that 10.1m TPE for Josh Smith. Smith can get 25% over that 10.1, so a deal starting at 12.5 gets him like 4/56. That's what he is worth.

Doubt it.  Too expensive for what he does.  And his stock is too low.  Let Danny build up his stock a little this year.  He may be traded next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I would like it better if we got Horford than Smith but that might be a viable plan. WHo knows Maybe Humpty and Wallace never play for us and we deal them. Now we'll see who we hire as coach and what style we play. I don't see us in the lottery and I'm not a fan of deciding a teams future on not yet ordered pick i.e. Tim Duncan. Can we still do a sign and trade for Al J for Humphries ? I rely ESPN trade machine and until some playersw are signed I don't know enough about cap stuff to even think about who how and what we can do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doubt it.  Too expensive for what he does.  And his stock is too low.  Let Danny build up his stock a little this year.  He may be traded next year.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you, trade deadline or mid year is the best we could hope for unless he's part of a bigger trade.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

If we end up with Smith playing along side Rondo and Green we have a new big three.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to proftom's comment:

If we end up with Smith playing along side Rondo and Green we have a new big three.  

Josh Smith is not the answer. He makes Antione Walker look like a controlled offensive player. He takes ill advised shots, jacks up 3's at a horrible %30% last year, career 28% - often early in the shot clock, has a career 65% ft % and 46.5% fg % from a power forward!!! He's overrated defensively, taking plays off, and rebounds less than he should for a power forward who can jump like he does.

Everyone who is suggesting he should be a Celtic should be forced to watch 40 Atlanta Hawks games as a pennance every time you make a the suggestion. Then you'll know what I mean.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I agree with you, but someone's been winning games for Atlanta for several years.  Guess smoove deserves as much credit as anybody.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to proftom's comment:

I think that Josh Smith is no special material.  The right thing would be to let Rondo take all the time that he needs to come up to speed and dip deep into the lottery.  Look to trade Gerald Wallace's for TPE/expiring contract and get under the cap next year (Wallace for Andris Biedrins/Richard Jefferson).  Try to pick up a free agent and a high draft pick, develop a few players and restart the championship quest.  Keep loading with the draft picks, hoping that 1-2 of the acquired picks will become lottery picks.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Mike Gorman was in the C's war room tonight and he said the C's intend to build around a core of Rondo and Sully. He agreed if you wanted to make Rondo happy that Smith would do it but that Rondo should be more concerned about making the owners, fans and mgmt happy by his leadership. Thought it was odd that Green & Bradley weren't included as part of the core unless Gorman was just getting his point across and left out all the details. Anyway, sounds like it's begun and Rondo is not being considered as trade bait.

2014 draft is being projected to very strong because of Wiggins and Parker.  Both play 3.  If the Celts get lucky, they will have a franchise 3.  Bradley is just too weak for a 2.  He doesn't have the handles or the shot.  He can fill a gap in the team but he can't be a big piece.

It is very important for the Celts to really tank this year.  Let Rondo take his time.  Also, trade Wallace for Richard Jefferson.  Clear up cap space for next year's reload.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I think everyone is forgetting that Gerald Wallace is a very good player and was on the All Defensive team in 2010 , He's tough, he scores from everywhere, he doesn't need to be the #1 guy to be effective, the guy is a better player than Pierce at this point.....

I can see Humphries being used as a trading chip at the deadline with his expiring contract , but Wallace is better than any player the Celtics have gotten since KG and Ray Allen. $30M for 3yrs ? That's hardly deadweight on the Celtics payroll , Wallace could easily lead the team in scoring and is also big enough to play alongside Jeff Green. Let's see how he looks in training camp.

I think the trade is great but I don't understand where Bogans fits in all this.....I hope he is packaged along with Humphries. 

I don't understand why anyone would want Josh Smith or Richard Jefferson over Gerald Wallace. Josh Smith will cost $15M x 4 (at least) and Wallace is better than Jefferson.

You people are seriously underestimating Gerald Wallace. I think he is locked up at reasonable money and 3yrs is not an eternity . 

I think Brooklyn has one chance this season to win it all and I don't think Pierce and KG will make them any better than 4th seed.....Miami, Indiana and Chicago are still better.

This deal will destroy the Brooklyn Nets , even if they win 55 games this season they will be running on fumes come playoff time and will be lucky to make it out of the first round.

GREAT TRADE BY DANNY AINGE

CELTICS ARE NOW LOADED WITH DRAFT PICKS AND ASSETS ASSETS ASSETS ASSETS.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

I think everyone is forgetting that Gerald Wallace is a very good player and was on the All Defensive team in 2010 , He's tough, he scores from everywhere, he doesn't need to be the #1 guy to be effective, the guy is a better player than Pierce at this point.....

I can see Humphries being used as a trading chip at the deadline with his expiring contract , but Wallace is better than any player the Celtics have gotten since KG and Ray Allen. $30M for 3yrs ? That's hardly deadweight on the Celtics payroll , Wallace could easily lead the team in scoring and is also big enough to play alongside Jeff Green. Let's see how he looks in training camp.

I think the trade is great but I don't understand where Bogans fits in all this.....I hope he is packaged along with Humphries. 

I am assuming that the Celts don't want to contend next year but reload for years after that.  In that scenario, getting rid of Wallace for cap space is a good idea.  Golden State might throw in a draft pick as well.  Effectively, the Celts will be trading Wallace for the ability to sign a free agent, to get a better lottery pick, and hopefully, to pick up another draft pick.  That better suits a full rebuild plan.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But why keep Wallace if we don't go after Smith when he could get us that TPE? We now have Green and Joseph at SF too.

[/QUOTE]

Keep the cap room and make a run at a real star the year after

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I SAY THE 2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS WIN MORE GAMES THAN THEY DID THIS SEASON.

THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL HAS BEEN HALTED AND THE CELTICS ARE ONCE AGAIN ON THE UPSWING !!!

WITH TONIGHT'S MOVES, DANNY AINGE HAS BROUGHT THE CELTICS REAL HOPE AND CHANGE !

MARK IT DOWN, CELTICS WIN MORE THAN 41 GAMES THIS COMING SEASON !