Gerald Wallace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Gerald Wallace

He has got to be the dumbest player on the Celtics.  It's obvious he HATES his situation.  However, he's doing NOTHING to improve it.  How is it that this guy goes out and contributes absolutely NOTHING on the court and then "calls out" the team every time a microphone is placed in his mug?

I just don't get it.  The only way he can ensure some team takes even a chance on him and his contract is to go out and DO SOMETHING!  He refuses to shoot (oh, he cannot shoot), he cannot execute a crisp pass, he jumps at pump fakes at the 3-point line.  He's useless - brings nothing.  He's not happy and his play and attitude display that.

Why not go out, be a professional, play your heart out AND CONTRIBUTE much more than you have and THAT will give teams something to think about when looking to add a veteran presence, in spite of your bloated contract?

I see the Celtics buying him out shortly after the trade deadline if they cannot unload him in a deal.  They don't need this cancer taking up a roster spot for this season let alone the remainder of his contract.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Gerald Wallace

Yes, but... the buyout would be so painfully high that it probably won't happen.  I completely agree with the "call out" criticism - he had to have some credibility before yapping because he's has none afterward.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

He has been horrible. any scrub from the D league could match his production.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Wallace isn't going to be bought out - he's on an expensive long term deal. 

P - why do you think the Nets made us choke down his contract? We had to pay a price for all those number one picks and taking our geriatrics.... :)  If Wallace ended up being good this would have been top three worse trades in NBA history....it's still a trade in favor of the Cs by a wide margin but Wallace does even the scales a bit, no use sugar coating it. :) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Petey, I totally agree. In life you learn that if there's a problem go out and try to be an answer to it. Not cry and whine and call others out. If he was a 20 10 player I can understand it. He sucks and doesn't want to be in Boston. The whole NBA knew the situation the Celtics would be in this year. It's no surpise they are bad and it won't get any better. as a vet you play like garbage. At least Humphries goes out and gives an effort just like Sullinger does. There are players that do try but skills are limited. Hard to unlod that contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

he is pitufil

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

It just says alot about the person who is Gerald Wallace.  He's always had a stellar reputation around he NBA.  This definitely cannot help. 

ANONMD08, if he was a 20-10 guy, I could understand AND he'd be an attractive pickup by another team.  But he is just garbage.

There is no way the Celtics envisioned THIS.  I think they figured he'd be a 10-4 guy but this is atrocious.  And he doesn't even appear to be trying.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

It just says alot about the person who is Gerald Wallace.  He's always had a stellar reputation around he NBA.  This definitely cannot help. 

ANONMD08, if he was a 20-10 guy, I could understand AND he'd be an attractive pickup by another team.  But he is just garbage.

There is no way the Celtics envisioned THIS.  I think they figured he'd be a 10-4 guy but this is atrocious.  And he doesn't even appear to be trying.

Petey the bigger issue here is the CBA! Once a player signs a contract, the team is stuck with him whether he performs or not! If you or I performed liked GW in our jobs, we would likely be canned! 

The NBA needs to transition to a pay for play league, like the NFL! The CBA benefits the players  much more than the fans who pay to watch them!

My two cents! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Wallace played last night and only scored 2 points and and took 2 shots in almost 20 minutes of play. for a vet leader, which he's not it only means he's out there on the court vegetating. Unless Brad Stevens hasn't designed anything for him. I bet if he went to a team like the Pacers or spurs his attitude would be totally different. Under new CBA rules the Celtics are stuck with his contract. He knoes he's getting paid whether he plays or not. Great example he shows.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce very good point.  The Nets also paid 3 1st round picks for the Celtics to take Humphries too (and Bogans and Brooks).  The Nets also paid 3 1st round picks to take Pierce, KG and Terry.  Let's not make the trade all about Wallace.

I'm just not one to see the draft picks and excuse Wallace unconditionally (and every other player in that deal).  Those draft picks are for down the road and I don't think we should be counting our eggs before they hatch.  We've been down that road before too.

Humphries is putting himself in a very good position by his professional play on the court and his professional attitude on and off it.  Honestly, that's all you can expect from these guys.  Isn't it?

I have to believe THIS is not what the Celtics thought they'd be getting from Wallace.  And honestly, if he was on Indiana, you'd see a totally different Wallace.  I understand it but I just don't like to see it from him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Come on, the Nets paid 3 1st round picks for the Celts to take Wallace.

[/QUOTE]

that doesn't mean we can't point out how horrible he is.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

you already know how I feel about this bum. I watched him last night, hanging around the 3 pt line, even after the ball goes into the paint he makes zero move toward the basket. Additionally, while he is hanging out at the 3, he doesn't even do the minimum needed to make himself a possible pass target....I mean NOTHING!

I'm totally sick of him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I was convinced that the ONLY way that the Celtics would be able to move Wallace and his contract would be in a package that included Rondo.  Now I doubt that even Rondo's value can offset Wallace's liability.  He is probably untradeable.  

IMO.. After the Feb trade deadline, the Celtics will stop playing Wallace.  I wouldn't be surprised if they rid him from the locker room and assign him to rot in D League purgatory for the remainder of this season and hope that Wallace quits or violates some contract provision.    

The Celtics could buy him out, but that is also unlikely.  The Knicks bought out Marbury's $20M for $18+ million with a deal that the Celtics paid him the balance.  Wallace will not take less than he is guaranteed...

so, more likely scenario is that between July 1 and Aug 1 (per CBA rules), the Celtics will waive Wallace (nobody will pick him and his contract up) and the Celtics get to extend his 2 years and $20M over 5 years and take a CAP hit of about $4M per year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I agree he has been horrible.

I also agree we didn't trade for him - we traded for the draft picks.

I agree he should shut up and play, and I agree that we can criticize his performance.

That being said - WHEN Danny gets rid of him, it will be a happy day in Celtics land.

I still like Wallace and anybody to CHA for Ben Gordon...NO picks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

These are his stats as of today, is he really worth the money, I think not but are stuck with him unless Danny can get creative.

39 22.1 .504 .345 .316 0.5 3.2 2.3 1.1 0.2 1.69 1.4 3.9

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has got to be the dumbest player on the Celtics.  It's obvious he HATES his situation.  However, he's doing NOTHING to improve it.  How is it that this guy goes out and contributes absolutely NOTHING on the court and then "calls out" the team every time a microphone is placed in his mug?

I just don't get it.  The only way he can ensure some team takes even a chance on him and his contract is to go out and DO SOMETHING!  He refuses to shoot (oh, he cannot shoot), he cannot execute a crisp pass, he jumps at pump fakes at the 3-point line.  He's useless - brings nothing.  He's not happy and his play and attitude display that.

Why not go out, be a professional, play your heart out AND CONTRIBUTE much more than you have and THAT will give teams something to think about when looking to add a veteran presence, in spite of your bloated contract?

I see the Celtics buying him out shortly after the trade deadline if they cannot unload him in a deal.  They don't need this cancer taking up a roster spot for this season let alone the remainder of his contract.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I was just at the Portland game and during Timeouts, the guy is nowhere even close to the huddle. One time, it looked like Stevens put him in and he did not even know he was supposed to enter the game so how could he know the play or philosophy of what was to go down on the court. I am not "up" on the Amnesty rules but this dude has to be a candidate if the penalties to the ball club is not too steep. Very disappointed in this guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He cannot be amnestied.........so we need to forget that.  He also can't go to the D-League, so we need to forget about that, too.

Not sure about a buyout, but I doubt they would do that, as it probabaly still counts against the cap.

He is Theo Ratliff at this stage, and we just hope DA can get something for him, as part of a package.....the way we got him....lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Eldunker, I think you're on to something.  There is no way they play him past the trade deadline.  I wish he violated his contract someway to void it.

What's even worse is that Stevens HAS to play this bum to keep him from becoming an even more negative distraction.  If he sat Wallace now for the forseeable future, that would be a disaster.  Then again, I'd do it now anyway.  It's not like Wallace is going to turn his game and attitude around and contribute.

I'd sit him now, let him stew and then keep him away from the team, ala Hedo Turkoglu or Andre Miller.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I was so wrong about Wallace - thought he'd easily be a 13pt , 7reb guy , strong defender and locker room leader -even a hungover Vin Baker produced more, WAY MORE !

But let's remember that no one is untradable , and there are some bad owners and bad GM's out there, plus half the teams in the league have a guy on a bad contact they'd love to get rid of. 

The Brooklyn Trade was very very good for the Celtics, if they can flip Wallace for anything it becomes one of the best trades in 20 years.

Totally shocked Wallace would come in and refuse to shoot the ball...can't they suspend him without pay for something like that ? 

If they can't dump him at the deadline, can they Amnesty him after the season ?

Also, if he mouths off one more time, they should just suspend him and refuse to pay him. Let it go to arbitration and let the Union do their thing, just get him out of the locker room.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

For those 3 picks, I can put up with Wallace a little bit longer. Yes, he has been horrible but the line starts with Green. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

That was another terrible signing, Jeff Green. Produces amybe once a week and usually disappears.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

wow, you are harsh on the guy. He is not gonna win any games for us but I havent seen him lose any. He is what he is. A good role player for a contending team which we arent so its hard to say why he is dogging if he is. I see a player that hustles and plays good D and makes nice passes. I think you are exxagerating and scapegoating. This team aint going anywhere and gerald was never going to change that.

oh and btw I dont like him calling players out but I did like it early in the season. He has had some riffs w/teamates too but I see that as being frustrated at losing and he isnt a star to make that difference so arent you just mad at his comments?? His play is what it is.

Im not saying the guy is good but you sound like a guy looking to blame someone. The minute Brad Stevens was signed my expectations were lowered. Time for you to do the same. Did you expect Gerald to be better here than he was on a contender last year? 

He is shooting 50 % FGA although you guys say he cant shoot. (last year he shot 39% fga in brooklyn)

He is shooting .319 in 3 point shots this year. (last year he shot .282 from 3)

He also has 89 assists this year on pace to break his 180 last year

So to me everything he is doing here is better than what he did last year on a better team so I cant agree Petey. You are just looking for excuses as to why we S*ck when you should have known before the  season we would s*ck. I am no way a G.Wallace fan either but he aint the problem. Lack of Stars IS and he has NEVER been a star. He would have been good for this team in 08/09/10, but now.....not so much and why should he be happy with being traded from a vet team to one with a rookie coach and green squad?  Its natural but he IS playing. You guys just overated him like you always do new players.   ....smh. Gerald could give 120 % and we still aint winning, sorry