Gerald Wallace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Gerald Wallace

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Using the stretch provision on Gerald Wallace is a last resort.

Why are you guys so impatient!

If Ainge can remove Bass' contract then Wallace's contract isn't that bad anymore.

Right.  Again, this is the way I look at it:  we aren't going to sign any big free agents this year or next, so Wallace's contract won't hinder us there.  We are stuck with him for this year and next.  In the third year, he actually begins to be somewhat of an asset because his contract will be expiring.  That will be our best chance to move him for something.  I wouldn't stretch provision him.  There is no need to.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

And what is your excuse GW? Why do you consistently complain and under-perform?

Baxter Holmes: Wallace, who is never one to mince words, was asked if he has seen anything positive from the Celtics. “All I’ve seen is excuses,” he saidTwitter @BaxterHolmes

Rumors tags Boston CelticsBen Wallace 

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.YqoB776w.dpuf

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, you keep talking about the 3 1st round draft picks the Celtics received as the reason to accept Wallace's behavior and performance.  This guy is fracturing the team.  He doesn't want to be here and he's doing everything to show that.  But according to you, it's okay to crush the psyche of this team and these young players because we got 3 1st round draft picks?  What does one have to do with the other?  He is calling out players every chance he gets but I've NEVER heard him call out HIMSELF.  NEVER!

How can anybody expect a possible lottery pick to come into this scenario with a brooding Gerald Wallace and his attitude and develop?

And teejaytee70, there is no way the Celtics keep him around with his attitude and horrendous play.  Do you really think he'll be around for the balance of his contract, next two years?  I think you should come back to reality.  He won't sit on the bench and his sulking cannot be tolerated around the young guys who need patience, encouragement and veteran leadership.

Do you really think Celtics management would let a Jabari Parker or Embiid NEAR Wallace and his "me-first" attitude for the next two years?  Would you want them to?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, you're right.  Let's wait to see who we get.  However, you seem to ignore my point.  Whoever we get in the first round, do you want that draft pick coming in and being anywhere NEAR "this Gerald Wallace" that we're seeing now?  Please respond.

We will be in the lottery because this team simply is not that good.  But does everyone in Celtics nation have to tolerate listenging to a pathetic, malcontent like Wallace call out everyone every week?  That's DA's problem but CAN I HAVE ONE THREAD COMPLAINING ABOUT WANTING HIM GONE?  Please?

At least Bogans was professional about it and did not call out his teammates.  When asked, he did say it was tough to be in this position because he's never NOT PLAYED in his entire career.  It now appears that he and the Celtics have mutually agreed to an indefinite leave of absence.

Maybe Wallace should be man enough to approach it like that and mutually agree to DISAPPEAR.  It's obvious he clearly doesn't (and didn't) want to be around, from day one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Fierce, you're right.  Let's wait to see who we get.  However, you seem to ignore my point.  Whoever we get in the first round, do you want that draft pick coming in and being anywhere NEAR "this Gerald Wallace" that we're seeing now?  Please respond.

We will be in the lottery because this team simply is not that good.  But does everyone in Celtics nation have to tolerate listenging to a pathetic, malcontent like Wallace call out everyone every week?  That's DA's problem but CAN I HAVE ONE THREAD COMPLAINING ABOUT WANTING HIM GONE?  Please?

At least Bogans was professional about it and did not call out his teammates.  When asked, he did say it was tough to be in this position because he's never NOT PLAYED in his entire career.  It now appears that he and the Celtics have mutually agreed to an indefinite leave of absence.

Maybe Wallace should be man enough to approach it like that and mutually agree to DISAPPEAR.  It's obvious he clearly doesn't (and didn't) want to be around, from day one.

The difference is that bogans wasn't playing at all and his contract is up at the end of the year.  Wallace is here until 2016.  He can't just go hang out at his house and smoke kindies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Petey, this is looking like a top 5 lottery team. The Celtics should get a decent pick or 2 depending on how bad Atlanta or Brooklyn end up. Who is the leader in the locker room. I still have my reservations on rondo because he can be a head case, time will on that one. Sullinger maybe but only going into his 3rd year. This is going to be a younger team with Wallace as the seasoned vet who is just there to collect a paycheck because he doesn't want to be in Boston.  Maybe you have an insight but all I see is a young team unless they pick up a marquee free agent.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The only way we can trade Wallace is by taking on an equally overpaid player or give up some picks and/or a young player like Sully,AB or KO. If we can't do that,we might stretch his numbers over 4/5 yrs. I was hoping that Wallace would be servicable for 2years and a good influence but, that doesn't seem to be happenning.

I've read where E Gordon NOLA not Cha is being shopped, he has 3 yrs @ 14 mil but he is a good SG and would give us more production and would be a better fit, not a perfect fit a better fit.

If nothing happens, DA might be figuring if we keep Wallace and keep all 3 picks this year, it maybe easier to swallow with the savings from holding 3 rookie contracts.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Wrong Gordon, folks.

We should be looking to trade GW to CHA for BEN Gordon.

CHA wants to make the playoffs this year (I think!), and we know Wallace is not this bad.  Perhaps if there is something to play for, he will be better.

Gordon is a 13.2 mill expiring, and I've read they are dying to get rid of him.

Don't we need another guard now?

He is GAWD awful this year.................so let's get him...lol

Sections
Shortcuts