Gerald Wallace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Gerald Wallace

Anyone else expecting to be pleasantly surprised by this guy?

He is rested and finally healthy.

Wallace is just 2 years removed from putting up 13.8 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.5 steals on 50% FG and 80% FT shooting in 35.8 mins in 2011-12. If he can put in that type of performance in half the time (18 mins) and provide 7 points, 3.4 boards and a steal, he could be a very valuable 8th or 9th man in a rotation and gets looks from playoff teams at the deadline, regardless of his high contract.

He is a year younger than Shawn Marion was in 2011 when a 33 year old Matrix played a valuable role defending Durant and LeBron on the Mavs title team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Gerald Wallace

I hope he comes in with a much more positive attitude, and does surprise us.  Think the contract is not tradeable, but let's hope for the best.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wallace is just 2 years removed from putting up 13.8 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.5 steals on 50% FG and 80% FT shooting in 35.8 mins in 2011-12. If he can put in that type of performance in half the time (18 mins) and provide 7 points, 3.4 boards and a steal, he could be a very valuable 8th or 9th man in a rotation and gets looks from playoff teams at the deadline, regardless of his high contract.

He is a year younger than Shawn Marion was in 2011 when a 33 year old Matrix played a valuable role defending Durant and LeBron on the Mavs title team.

[/QUOTE]

Wallace had a game that depended on his athleticism and hard work. He has lot a ton of lift and speed. We won't get much from him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I want him at the very end of the bench. I either want to win or lose games with young, developing players. I don't want the minutes to get gobbled up by has beens - a guy we only took because Jersey forced him down our throats for the picks we pretty much stole from them

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want him at the very end of the bench. I either want to win or lose games with young, developing players. I don't want the minutes to get gobbled up by has beens - a guy we only took because Jersey forced him down our throats for the picks we pretty much stole from them

[/QUOTE]

+ 1000

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Gerald Wallace does nothing to advance this team's agenda.  They're looking to develop young guys.  I don't think they care about placating Wallace by giving him minutes.  Don't get me wrong, I always liked him as a player, but on this team all he'll do is take minutes that could be better used elsewhere. 

I do hope he has a bit of a comeback just so he bring himself back into the realm of tradeable players.  At this point, however, his contract is harder to swallow than saltines on a 90-degree day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

wallace is a high impact (physically) player who crashed himself out of his quickness and athleticism prematurely by playing hard and overachieving for his skill level.  he might get marginally better but i'm guessing 8 and 5 is the most you'd see out of him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Any contribution this guy makes is in the form of meaningless wins.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Wallace is a good locker room guy, good veteran pro that can help younger play.ers , plays within himself and plays hard, he's a good guy to have on your roster, he's just not 10 million good

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Wallace is the biggest progress stopper on the roster he needs to be the first to go

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wallace is the biggest progress stopper on the roster he needs to be the first to go

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any contribution this guy makes is in the form of meaningless wins.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Wallace has no positive trade now and would have none even if his game slightly improved.  His body is worn out.  He had knee surgery in March on top of a bad ankle injury.  He is on the deep downside twilight of his career.  and MOST IMPORTANTLY, He is not remotely part of the rebuild.  

Therefore giving him any relevant minutes will have no positive impact and the only thing that will accomplish is take away important development time for younger future core players.    

If Danny doesn't trade him, he will likely just eat the contract.  The stretch provision of spreading his contract in $4M chunks over the next 5 years doesn't make sense anymore since Danny is committed to the longer term draft rebuild. It would only hamper the Cs in years 3-5.

So, I expect Wallace to ride the bench this year with nothing to lose.  We're not going anywhere.  Next year, his remaining $10M contract becomes an expiring one with some attractive value in a trade.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last season you laughed at the idea of sending G.Wallace to the Bulls for Boozer.

Now you're telling us playoff teams will want G.Wallace.

Wallace might not even get 15 minutes per game if the Celts keep both Jeff Green and Evan Turner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wallace has no positive trade now and would have none even if his game slightly improved.  His body is worn out.  He had knee surgery in March on top of a bad ankle injury.  He is on the deep downside twilight of his career.  and MOST IMPORTANTLY, He is not remotely part of the rebuild.  

Therefore giving him any relevant minutes will have no positive impact and the only thing that will accomplish is take away important development time for younger future core players.    

If Danny doesn't trade him, he will likely just eat the contract.  The stretch provision of spreading his contract in $4M chunks over the next 5 years doesn't make sense anymore since Danny is committed to the longer term draft rebuild. It would only hamper the Cs in years 3-5.

So, I expect Wallace to ride the bench this year with nothing to lose.  We're not going anywhere.  Next year, his remaining $10M contract becomes an expiring one with some attractive value in a trade.   

[/QUOTE]

I already said something like that and some here say I was being arrogant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Its simple. If we are contending, he is good soldier. IF we are losing, he is gonna ruin the chemistry and I dont blame him.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree with you Eldunker regarding the stretch for Wallace.

If anything, it makes more sense to stretch him now that the majority of Celtic player contracts average 4 years and $3-5MM/yr. Once Thornton, Bass, Green and most likely Rondo have been flipped there will be nothing but cap space going forward.

Losing $10MM/yr over the next two provides more flexibility to sign or trade for big contracts as needed should an opportunity arise. Most of the big name free agents will be available now through early 2016. Sure Wallace's contract will expire in 2016 but by then his cap space could be worthless if the best player options are already gone. The $4MM cap hit in 2016-18 with a higher team salary will look like peanuts compared to the average player salary after the new media contracts are signed by the NBA.

If a deal to flip him with another player isn't made this summer he s/b waived/stretched before the season begins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If anything, it makes more sense to stretch him now that the majority of Celtic player contracts average 4 years and $3-5MM/yr. Once Thornton, Bass, Green and most likely Rondo have been flipped there will be nothing but cap space going forward.

Losing $10MM/yr over the next two provides more flexibility to sign or trade for big contracts as needed should an opportunity arise. Most of the big name free agents will be available now through early 2016. Sure Wallace's contract will expire in 2016 but by then his cap space could be worthless if the best player options are already gone. The $4MM cap hit in 2016-18 with a higher team salary will look like peanuts compared to the average player salary after the new media contracts are signed by the NBA.

If a deal to flip him with another player isn't made this summer he s/b waived/stretched before the season begins.

[/QUOTE]

Wallace didn't get stretched before the season begins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wallace didn't get stretched before the season begins.

[/QUOTE]

There's always next season for a 3 yr stretch but at this point an outright buyout makes more sense once the roster is trimmed and some more cap space is freed up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Good post to drag back up. 

I made my comments on Wallace before Turner was signed, so that throws out a lot of what I was thinking about him getting playing time and surprising us.

But he was playing with bone spurs the last two years and various other issues. He says he is healthier than he's been since Portland and is around the same age Pierce was during the 2010 playoffs and Marion in 2011. It is not far-fetched to think he could help a contender. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

There's always next season for a 3 yr stretch but at this point an outright buyout makes more sense once the roster is trimmed and some more cap space is freed up.

[/QUOTE]

3-year stretch?

Moving the goal post again?

You already said, last July 22, that if Wallace is not dealt this summer, he should be stretched before the season begins.

Wallace didn't get dealt this summer and Ainge didn't stretch Wallace's remaining 2 years.

You even argued with teejay and strongly disagreed that Wallace will not be stretched in another thread.