Get in There, Danny!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Get in There, Danny!

In Response to Re: Get in There, Danny!:
    KG, Ray, and two first round picks for DH and Turkoglu The Magic are packaging DH and Turkoglu. That's why the Nets are having a hard time doing the deal. Turkoglu's contract has a 15% trade kicker.
    Posted by Fiercest34

ORL's motivation on that?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

"Also, the Hornets are working with the Boston Celtics to finalize a sign-and-trade to send free agent forward David West to Boston, sources said. West and the Celtics are working on a three-year deal worth between $27 million and $29 million, sources said. The Hornets are likely to take back Jermaine O’Neal and another small contract player in the deal. The Hornets won’t keep those players, but have deals in place to move them elsehwere. The sign and trade is the way for New Orleans to get some return on a player who was already planning to leave.

The Boston Celtics, Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers are expected to also be aggressive bidders for Dwight Howard." - yahoo sports

http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/12/celtics-will-be-aggressive-bidders-for-dwight-howard-and-west-trade-tidbits.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RedsArmy+%28Red%27s+Army%3A+The+Voice+Of+Celtics+Fans%29

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Can anyone explain why LA and the Nets were included and Chicago and Boston were not in the Dwight sweepstakes.  LA just got its trade vetoed and the Nets are facing charges of tampering.  What gives Dwight decides who Orlando talks to?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

IMO all the nets talk is just to get the Lakers to really sweeten the deal. No player in the NBA would rather play for the Nets than the Lakers.  Especially after they get Paul.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Because if Dwight gets traded to a team of Orlandos choosing.. he can just leave the following year.  So who exactly will the Celts have next year that is going to convince Dwight to resign for an extended contract?

Dwights in conrtol here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

IMO all the nets talk is just to get the Lakers to really sweeten the deal. No player in the NBA would rather play for the Nets than the Lakers.  Especially after they get Paul.  
    Posted by hops29

Unfortunately, I agree..............but after the trade, they won't have anything left to "sweeten" the deal.  Kupchak will try to bully it through!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Because if Dwight gets traded to a team of Orlandos choosing.. he can just leave the following year.  So who exactly will the Celts have next year that is going to convince Dwight to resign for an extended contract? Dwights in conrtol here.
    Posted by Ender587

Disagree - if we wants the lakers, he has to be traded there.  He is only in control of coming to BOS or not - but how many teams will have the salary cap room for him next year anyway....I think we figured five!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

They can sweeten the deal with "Straight cash, Homey".  But it will probably be with future picks.  With Kobe, Dwight, and Paul the Fakers won't need a draft pick for the next 4 years.  They'll just fill in around them w/ 1 year rentals.  
    Now, I'm not handing them the trophy yet. I think Paul is an injury risk, and he and kobe both will want the ball in their hands, and I think Howard is overrated.  How is Kobe going to take it when a big game is on the line and Howard is mugging for the cameras and acting like a fool.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

They can sweeten the deal with "Straight cash, Homey".  But it will probably be with future picks.  With Kobe, Dwight, and Paul the Fakers won't need a draft pick for the next 4 years.  They'll just fill in around them w/ 1 year rentals.   Now, I'm not handing them the trophy yet. I think Paul is an injury risk, and he and kobe both will want the ball in their hands, and I think Howard is overrated.  How is Kobe going to take it when a big game is on the line and Howard is mugging for the cameras and acting like a fool.  
    Posted by hops29

This isn't baseball, man.  No cash can change hands AND they will only have the  3 mill exception each year to "fill in around".  And Metta World Artest reported to camp "woefully out of shape."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

All of this craziness is more entertaining than the actual games....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In Response to Re: Get in There, Danny! : I tell you, the other day you Laker trolls were already counting chickens before the eggs were even hatched. You never learn.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce,

I am most certainly not a Laker fan. I have bled green for 3 decades. However, I am also not delusional either.  
    The Boston Celtics are just not a draw for young ultra-superstars who would rather be in a hipper, hotter city. Most of these kids coming into the league couldn't care less about the history and legacy of being on the greatest basketball franchise of all time.  
    Now if DA didn't trade Perk and had that chip to offer to the Magic, we might have a chance to steal Howard, (although he'd probably try to veto it). But, who would a team that is going to have to rebuild rather have, a young 7ft, mobile monster, Bynum, or a young, up and coming, mobile, 7ft Brook Lopez from the Nets, or Kevin Garnett, who we all know and love.   
    I think if a team is rebuilding its not even a question that those two true centers are peices you could build around, KG is one yr and done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In Response to Re: Get in There, Danny! : This isn't baseball, man.  No cash can change hands AND they will only have the  3 mill exception each year to "fill in around".  And Metta World Artest reported to camp "woefully out of shape."
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Did they change the option of "Cash Considerations" with the new CBA? Because I know that there have been many trades in the NBA that have included such.
    And if the Celtics, Heat, and Knicks, can pay three top tier players, as well as fill in with a bunch of scrubs, 2nd round picks, and veterans working 1 yr deals hoping for one last crack at a ring, than I think the Lakers can find a way to make it work.

Sections
Shortcuts