Get in There, Danny!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Re: Get in There, Danny!

guess odumb has to be the good soldier? lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Get in There, Danny!:
    In Response to Re: Get in There, Danny! : I really hope you will be right about this. DH coming to Boston is the biggest thing that ever happened to the Celtics since Larry Bird.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Sure hope we are in the running to get Howard, although I doubt it.  But, he's a great defensive Center and rebounder, but the biggest thing since Bird was KG, IMO.   Howard doesn't bring the intensity, leadership, drive, and scoring that KG brought.   

I would still LOVE to have Howard, though.  Just see him going to the Lakers, however.  Boston is not a city loved by these young players, as someone pointed out.  NY, Chicago, Miami, LA are all glamour cities.  Boston is a blue collar city in the cold with no movie sets, TV sets, stars to hang with, night clubs, rappers, super models, golf year round, and talk show hosts.

I sure hope I'm wrong. Come on, Danny!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

why in the world would orlando want old players with expiring contracts for DH? if they are so desperate for cap space for next year, they'll just hold onto DH and let him walk. doesnt make any sense. they are going to auction him off to the highest bidder, and take back the best players they can get. cap space is much less of an asset these days, as stars are now shooting their way out of town the year before they become free agents. the best players no longer ever see true free agency. and the teams with all the cap space get stuck spending that money on the likes of deandre jordan and dalenbert. 
    no way DH is coming here. we dont have the chips. but i do expect the rondo for paul talk to heat up again...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

KG, Ray, and two first round picks for DH and Turkoglu The Magic are packaging DH and Turkoglu. That's why the Nets are having a hard time doing the deal. Turkoglu's contract has a 15% trade kicker.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Actually KG, Green and 2 first round picks.  Same difference except that Orlando will have the option to retain the younger Green next year if they want to.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yes but other teams are willing to take on turkoglu and give back better long term players + draft picks in return. why do you think the lakers are dumping salary (odom) now? and if you're the magic, wouldnt you want bynum and gasol (maybe) over KG and jeff green (who cant be traded anyway FYI since he just signed a contract? get serious...
    the celtics have one legit trade chip and that is rondo. and nobody trades big for small (besides ainge). thats why the celts will REALISTICALLY be in it for paul and not for howard.

In Response to Re: Get in There, Danny! : Letting him walk doesn't remove Turkoglu's salary from the cap too ... think about it ... and some picks, a few young players, etc
    Posted by Mployee8

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

you really think there is no difference between gasol/bynum and KG/Allen? fine so lets just trade for the two of them, forget DH. and maybe throw in avery bradley for kobe too. 

In Response to Re: Get in There, Danny! : There's no difference in getting Gasol/Bynum vs KG/Allen other than the extra years on Gasols contract. They can redo KG/Allen's contracts at much lower $ as both have more years in them. Bynum may not want to stay there either ... what else does LA have to offer? The C's have some rookies and plenty of picks that LA doesn't have.
    Posted by Mployee8

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

Me thinks Danny boy should focus on CP3 and David West. 

C - KG
    PF - West
    SF - Pierce
    SG - Ray
    PG - CP3

Opposing teams can not double team if that's the 5 on the court for the Celtics. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Me thinks Danny boy should focus on CP3 and David West.  C - KG PF - West SF - Pierce SG - Ray PG - CP3 Opposing teams can not double team if that's the 5 on the court for the Celtics. 
    Posted by MajorMajor

HOward is going to be a tough sell so I just don't see us getting him.  But if we could get CP3 AND West, that's one helluva team.  But, what's the deal for NO?   Rondo (who they already said they don't want), JON (who doesn't want to be there), Bass, and some picks?  They'd have to move Rondo and JON who they don't want.  So, this can only be done with a 3rd team.   Tough deal to pull off.  Lock in West now, Danny and then work on Paul.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

/> Orlando GM Otis Smith has made it clear that he will trade Howard wherever the Magic get the best possible package , but the fact that Howard is willing to sign a five-year, $109 million extension with New Jersey makes it likely that the Nets can be the most aggressive in offering an attractive package. New Jersey has been pursuing possible third-team partners to strengthen the offer for Howard , front-office sources tell Y! Sports. Trouble in NJ ... LOL /> Los Angeles had long been a preferred choice of Howard’s, but sources say that several factors have pushed him toward the Nets over the Lakers. Howard has a strong relationship with Deron Williams , and has also resisted following the same career path as Shaquille O’Neal , who left the Magic for the Lakers two decades ago. Trouble in LaLa Land ... Oops!!! http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_howard_requests_trade_magic_nets_121011
    Posted by Mployee8

of course NJ has nothing to offer...THEY'RE BAD

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have felt for the last day that Howard's interest in NJ is a smokescreen for him to get to the Lakers.  Because of all the fear of the Lakers scooping up Howard and Paul(although it is off now) I think this was his agent's safe approach.  He knows that the Nets do not have what Orlando wants. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I have felt for the last day that Howard's interest in NJ is a smokescreen for him to get to the Lakers.  Because of all the fear of the Lakers scooping up Howard and Paul(although it is off now) I think this was his agent's safe approach.  He knows that the Nets do not have what Orlando wants. 
    Posted by concord27

100%  agree with you - it's a scam.  Only problem is that right now Smith is asking for Gasol AND Bynum......I would not do that, would you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I wouldn't do it, but I bet the Lakers would.  They will see Howard as the man to build around for the future and to work with Kobe and Artest now.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I wouldn't do it, but I bet the Lakers would.  They will see Howard as the man to build around for the future and to work with Kobe and Artest now.   
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

After what happened in 2008, koME will be happy if they are bad?  I see fireworks from him before the year is over!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Gasol and Bynum are way better than Garnett and Allen, at this point. It's not even close. The homerism here runs rampant. Unless the Bulls, Clippers, Warriors, or Thunder (teams with actual young rising assets) get involved in the pursuit of Howard, I don't see anyone topping the Gasol and Bynum package. As someone else mentioned earlier, Miami could easily snag Howard if the Heat offered LeBron James in return. And that would improve the Heat significantly because Howard would complement Wade very well. The Heat need Howard more than their Wade clone. The Magic would still be competitive too, and fan interest would be maintained, if not heightened in Orlando. It would be a win-win trade for both sides. It'll never happen because Miami won't dare risk James' wrath. Sometimes teams lack the intestinal fortitude to make blockbuster deals.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

rotoworld is reporting that clippers and celtics are now frontrunners for chris paul...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Howard won't be coming to Boston for any reason except away games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Gasol and Bynum are way better than Garnett and Allen, at this point. It's not even close. The homerism here runs rampant. Unless the Bulls, Clippers, Warriors, or Thunder (teams with actual young rising assets) get involved in the pursuit of Howard, I don't see anyone topping the Gasol and Bynum package. As someone else mentioned earlier, Miami could easily snag Howard if the Heat offered LeBron James in return. And that would improve the Heat significantly because Howard would complement Wade very well. The Heat need Howard more than their Wade clone. The Magic would still be competitive too, and fan interest would be maintained, if not heightened in Orlando. It would be a win-win trade for both sides. It'll never happen because Miami won't dare risk James' wrath. Sometimes teams lack the intestinal fortitude to make blockbuster deals.
    Posted by davidap

ORL trading with MIA?  NO WAY!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If the Lakers want to trade Gasol and Bynum for Howard let them.  They will not be better, dismantling their frontline.  What could happen is they will be able to rebuild the team and tailor it to Howard with all the onerous salaries off the books,except for Kobe's.  

Daviddap,
    Nobody in their right mind thinks Orlando will trade for KG and Allen versue Bynum and Gasol.  I would say the Celtics would have to offer much more in terms of young players and possibly a big three member.

The lakers surprisingly seem to be thinking of the future.  The stiff Bynum will be injured by March no matter where he is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Re: Get in There, Danny!":
    KG, Ray, and two first round picks for DH and Turkoglu The Magic are packaging DH and Turkoglu. That's why the Nets are having a hard time doing the deal. Turkoglu's contract has a 15% trade kicker. Posted by Fiercest34
    Who do you think we are....the Lakers?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I said 3 days ago, Howard will be a Laker.  That said, the vetoing of the trade have prevented both Howard and Paul being Lakers this season

Sections
Shortcuts