Get KG ready!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Get KG ready!!

In Response to Get KG ready!!:
    Now this game irked me!  Does KG have to do EVERYTHING!! Rondo has been torched the last two games. Daniels is outrebounding OUR OWN BIGS!! Houston had NO BIG MEN! Some of you can call me crazy all you want too but we need a guy like Camby who will at least rebound and block shots. Right now our group of bigs is pathetic!!
    Posted by BiasLewis

I agree that our bigs are pathetic right now. But we don't need Camby. We just need Perk period.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Get KG ready!!:
    In Response to Get KG ready!! : I agree that our bigs are pathetic right now. But we don't need Camby. We just need Perk period.
    Posted by P34

AGREED.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I second that emotion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Fine but someone needs to inject some energy in this team. We have too many sleepwalkers. I like Nate's energy but he's just not playing well right now.

Everytime KG is out we realize how valuable he really is. It's ridiculous!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias....I agree with your assessment, but the solution is to be patient and get KG back.  

On a side note, JON has surprised me.  He's getting better every game.  He's not a star, but he is showing he can give 15 or 20 good minutes with good D and a couple of shots.  If he is able to just be a sub with Perk and Shaq around, I like what he brings.  And I'm not saying its worth $5M, but I am saying his play is starting to pick up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm just stunned that for the 3-4 straight game between JON, Shaq or BBD none even had 8-10 rebounds in a game!!

Ok we're second to last in the NBA in rebounding but c'mon between the 3 of them tonight they had 11 rebounds...ELEVEN!! RA had 7 and Daniels had 7.

It's not so much the rebounding but the inside presence that tells the other team...the lane is ours tonight, find another way to win. Right now we have none!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, BBD is undersized.  We know that.  He can rebound when Perk and KG are around and when he brings 25 bench minutes.  When he has to play out on the floor guarding good 4's, he's not getting rebounds.  I agree with you.

But, JON and SHaq have a different problem - they're old and slow.  THey give us a few spot minutes but neither is a 25 minute quick guy.

We know the problem - we need KG and we need Perk.  There's no mystery here.  When all the parts are there, we're ok.  When folks are playing in the wrong spot (like BBD trying to play as a starter), we're going to struggle.

No mystery.  You're right, Bias.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Don't worry Perk is your savior! Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

BBD is being asked to do too much.  Defend the other teams big, rebound, shoot, play xtra minutes, clog the middle... He's playing too much and playing outside of his role and it's showing.
    Just like Nate playing PG instead of SG. 
    Shrek and Donkey are role players.  They're not duct tape. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I'm just stunned that for the 3-4 straight game between JON, Shaq or BBD none even had 8-10 rebounds in a game!! Ok we're second to last in the NBA in rebounding but c'mon between the 3 of them tonight they had 11 rebounds...ELEVEN!! RA had 7 and Daniels had 7. It's not so much the rebounding but the inside presence that tells the other team...the lane is ours tonight, find another way to win. Right now we have none!
    Posted by BiasLewis

JON only plays 15 minutes a game.  Do you expect double figure rebounds in that amount of time?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Get KG ready!! : JON only plays 15 minutes a game.  Do you expect double figure rebounds in that amount of time?
    Posted by OneOnOne

No, I'm not trying to single him out I'm speaking about them collectively.

Luke comes in the other night and gets 11 by himself in one game. Hustle!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

If you watch the games and look at the plays when the other team gets offensive rebounds, it is usually because our Bigs don't bother to box anyone out.  I've been mindfull to keep an eye on this and it is obvious, they just drift toward the basket and a more athletic unchecked opponent jumps around them and gets the ball.  Luke seems to try to box out and believe it or not, so do several other bench players, but the Centers and PF's for the most part are not really doing this, or they do that weird face box out thing, that seems to be counterintuitive to being in position to get the ball yourself.

Sections
Shortcuts