GET THE BROOM OUT...AGAIN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

GET THE BROOM OUT...AGAIN!

Can you feel it?  Take two in Miami and then back to Boston to finish them off!   I see close games but Celtics sweeping this confused team!  We did it once and will do it again!  The finish line is within sight!  F-rickin A! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Re: GET THE BROOM OUT...AGAIN!

I agree with you Tabuckiss!  You are the smartest one on this site!  Can't wait to hear from the Trolls!  ps, who is this this blonde holding the bruin puck?  Woo Woo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not feeling it.  Love your enthusiasm, though.  I feel 6 games, with #6 being  a blowout win for the Green at home!!

The picture is of Heidi the homewrecker, btw!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Not likely..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hope you are right but I will go with Hedley's scenario.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: GET THE BROOM OUT...AGAIN!:
    [QUOTE]Not feeling it.  Love your enthusiasm, though.  I feel 6 games, with #6 being  a blowout win for the Green at home!! The picture is of Heidi the homewrecker, btw!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the series going at least six games.  If it goes to 7 games, it would be difficult for the Celtics to win this game.  It is just very unfortunate that they played so poorly during the last month of the season and couldn't at least finish the 2nd seed.  It will be a very competitive series and I expect most games to be close.   I don't see any blowout games during this series.   I especially hope that we don't lose any games by more than 20.  Very bad for the motivation of this team in the following game.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Why is Tabuckiss answering his post a minute after he posted it?  I guess he forgot to log out and switch to another handle.

Having said that, I was thinking the same thing, if the C's win tomorrow game 1, they will sweep.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Boston will win Miami, but it will not be a sweep. Boston in 6.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]Why is Tabuckiss answering his post a minute after he posted it?  I guess he forgot to log out and switch to another handle. Having said that, I was thinking the same thing, if the C's win tomorrow game 1, they will sweep.
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

Because he's a looney who is as delusional as his prediction.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to GET THE BROOM OUT...AGAIN!:
    [QUOTE]Can you feel it?  Take two in Miami and then back to Boston to finish them off!   I see close games but Celtics sweeping this confused team!  We did it once and will do it again!  The finish line is within sight!  F-rickin A! 
    Posted by Tabuckiss[/QUOTE]

Wade missed the preseason and the Cs beat the Heat with Shaq in the first game the Heat ever played together, a couple of weeks later the Cs won by 5 with Shaq, then the Cs won a 3 point game.... then when the Cs had a chance to make a statement and sweep the season series they were handed their worst loss of the season.... but of course why analyze what actually happened?  Just look at as 3 to 1 for the season and ignore the details.  The Cs average 90 ppg against the Heat and the Heat averaged 92 ppg game against the Cs.  So the HEat defense was slightly better than the Cs defense and the Cs offense included Shaq in the first 2 games.

If the Cs sweep the Heat it is because some combination of 2 of the Heat big 3 are hurt (kind of like against the Knicks who were not even a good team to begin with).

Less than 6 means the Heat lost one of their big 3.

I think as you say the Heat are really confused, they won about 18 of their last 20 to take over the 2nd seed while the Cs limped into the playoffs and then the Heat beat what some would call a better team than the Knicks (especially without Billups and Amare) in the 6ers, a team that the Cs lost to the last time they played.

Yeah the Heat seem really confused based on.... um.... your post and nothing else.  Based on the conversations I have heard, they are about the most focussed that I have heard from any of them than I have ever heard from any of them in their entire career....

What is confusing?  Your post.

I certainly don't want facts to get in the way of a good story but if the Cs sweep it would have to be considered the greatest performance in history given that many of the experts are picking the Heat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope the Celtics find a way to keep momentum going for the Bulls and beyond. 
    A sweep could have them peaking too soon. I don't want to get caught off guard for Chicago.  Five or six would be perfect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to GET THE BROOM OUT...AGAIN! : Wade missed the preseason and the Cs beat the Heat with Shaq in the first game the Heat ever played together, a couple of weeks later the Cs won by 5 with Shaq, then the Cs won a 3 point game.... then when the Cs had a chance to make a statement and sweep the season series they were handed their worst loss of the season.... but of course why analyze what actually happened?  Just look at as 3 to 1 for the season and ignore the details.  The Cs average 90 ppg against the Heat and the Heat averaged 92 ppg game against the Cs.  So the HEat defense was slightly better than the Cs defense and the Cs offense included Shaq in the first 2 games. If the Cs sweep the Heat it is because some combination of 2 of the Heat big 3 are hurt (kind of like against the Knicks who were not even a good team to begin with). Less than 6 means the Heat lost one of their big 3. I think as you say the Heat are really confused, they won about 18 of their last 20 to take over the 2nd seed while the Cs limped into the playoffs and then the Heat beat what some would call a better team than the Knicks (especially without Billups and Amare) in the 6ers, a team that the Cs lost to the last time they played. Yeah the Heat seem really confused based on.... um.... your post and nothing else.  Based on the conversations I have heard, they are about the most focussed that I have heard from any of them than I have ever heard from any of them in their entire career.... What is confusing?  Your post. I certainly don't want facts to get in the way of a good story but if the Cs sweep it would have to be considered the greatest performance in history given that many of the experts are picking the Heat.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I realize you weren't responding to me, but I'd like to add a few more FACTS to this conversation... That 3 point game the Celtics won in February, they pulled it out with half their team injured.  They had their starters but basically had 2 players coming off the bench the whole game:  Baby and Wafer.  They made do without the services of Shaq, JO, Erden (that's 3 big men right there) and Delonte West, their best back-up guard.  Oh, and I believe Nate Robinson also sat out that game, you know, the best healthy back-up guard they'd had up to that point.  The fact that they could pull the win off with a skeleton bench speaks volumes about many things, particularly the comparative depth on those teams.

As for their opportunity to make the "statement win" the pressure was much more on the Heat because they were facing the prospect of getting swept in the season series.  Did the Celtics need that win?  YES.  Was it devastating to see them lose?  OF COURSE.  But the fact is the Heat needed it more and were openly up for the game, with Chris Bosh talking about sending the "message" and so forth.

The other argument you make at the very beginning - that the Heat hadn't had a chance to gel by the season opener - can be made almost verbatim for the Celtics bench, particularly the 4 guys in rotation with the starters during the playoffs:  Baby, Green, Krstic and West.   Only 1 of the 4 was actively playing with the starters and 2nd unit on a regular basis before February.  It's not an excuse, but that had to have been a factor in many of those March losses. 

Now the 9 man rotation is starting to show signs of gelling and continuity.  Yes, it's still a work in progress, but I'd argue that they got tighter during the Knicks series.

As for the "experts" picking the Heat... most of them also picked the Lakers 3 years ago.  Just as a previous generation of them -  back in '84 - picked the Lakers over us too.  I think a lot of them get swayed by hype and underestimate the quiet little things that TEAM-first teams do, not to mention the players' will to win, or lack thereof.

As I see it, that will to win will either be equal or the edge will go to the Celtics.  The starters will be in a tight fight, but I expect Rondo to make the difference as the Heat don't have any one solid point guard.  And this time around, I expect the Celtics bench to be the biggest factor of all.

My prediction:  Celtics in 6.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

NOPE, not me - I think he did it to be funny!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater1. Show greeneater1's posts

OK.  I was thinking it might be you since came in after him.  Well the evidence is pretty damning since he came in one minute after as someone else pointed out.  Regardless I'm looking forward to this series as it will be the highlight of the second round.  These games are great watching in HD and I believe 3D in conference finals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you Tabuckiss!  You are the smartest one on this site!  Can't wait to hear from the Trolls!  ps, who is this this blonde holding the bruin puck?  Woo Woo!
    Shes hot --- /> lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

There won't be a sweep...it'll most likeley go to 6 or 7 games

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you Tabuckiss!  You are the smartest one on this site!  Can't wait to hear from the Trolls!  ps, who is this this blonde holding the bruin puck?  Woo Woo!

Tabuckiss my man!!  I am with you all the way.  It is time for some irrational Celtics fan exhuberance.  Boston in 4.  And we will all hail Tabuckiss the great.

Finally this place feels like a complete Celtics forum.  Such a great franchise.  Even the Lakers fans can't keep away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Heidi is not the girl holding the puck. That is Kathryn Tappen. Yes Kathryn is hot and is married to the hockey player Jay Leach, lucky guy!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GET THE BROOM OUT...AGAIN! : I realize you weren't responding to me, but I'd like to add a few more FACTS to this conversation... That 3 point game the Celtics won in February, they pulled it out with half their team injured.  They had their starters but basically had 2 players coming off the bench the whole game:  Baby and Wafer.  They made do without the services of Shaq, JO, Erden (that's 3 big men right there) and Delonte West, their best back-up guard.  Oh, and I believe Nate Robinson also sat out that game, you know, the best healthy back-up guard they'd had up to that point.  The fact that they could pull the win off with a skeleton bench speaks volumes about many things, particularly the comparative depth on those teams. As for their opportunity to make the "statement win" the pressure was much more on the Heat because they were facing the prospect of getting swept in the season series.  Did the Celtics need that win?  YES.  Was it devastating to see them lose?  OF COURSE.  But the fact is the Heat needed it more and were openly up for the game, with Chris Bosh talking about sending the "message" and so forth. The other argument you make at the very beginning - that the Heat hadn't had a chance to gel by the season opener - can be made almost verbatim for the Celtics bench, particularly the 4 guys in rotation with the starters during the playoffs:  Baby, Green, Krstic and West.   Only 1 of the 4 was actively playing with the starters and 2nd unit on a regular basis before February.  It's not an excuse, but that had to have been a factor in many of those March losses.  Now the 9 man rotation is starting to show signs of gelling and continuity.  Yes, it's still a work in progress, but I'd argue that they got tighter during the Knicks series. As for the "experts" picking the Heat... most of them also picked the Lakers 3 years ago.  Just as a previous generation of them -  back in '84 - picked the Lakers over us too.  I think a lot of them get swayed by hype and underestimate the quiet little things that TEAM-first teams do, not to mention the players' will to win, or lack thereof. As I see it, that will to win will either be equal or the edge will go to the Celtics.  The starters will be in a tight fight, but I expect Rondo to make the difference as the Heat don't have any one solid point guard.  And this time around, I expect the Celtics bench to be the biggest factor of all. My prediction:  Celtics in 6.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

oh geez, don't confuse a good emotional argument with facts...good post

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

[QUOTE]Can you feel it?  Take two in Miami and then back to Boston to finish them off!   I see close games but Celtics sweeping this confused team!  We did it once and will do it again!  The finish line is within sight!  F-rickin A! 

HAHHHHHHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA YOU SHOULD GO PLAY THE LOTTO!!!!!HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH. GOOD PREDICTION HAHHAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Only ones with a broom are the Heat!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GET THE BROOM OUT...AGAIN! : Your mother rides a broom!  And your Grandmother and your wife and your ugly neighbors...troll head!

Calling you a moron would be an insult to other morons.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GET THE BROOM OUT...AGAIN! : Your mother rides a broom!  And your Grandmother and your wife and your ugly neighbors...troll head!

Is that the same broom wheelchair is taking out of the arena? HAHAHAHAHAHA

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Miami is no NY Knicks dork.

Sections
Shortcuts