Getting the FACTS Right!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Getting the FACTS Right!

You mixed opinions, facts, future facts, and likelihoods. 

At any rate facts are overrated as they can be slanted to prove anything you like...

I've been off the last couple of days, curious how you think the Celts can get out of paying KG, need to catch up on that...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dumbest thread so far...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

* Paying KG 12.4m next season will NOT allow the Celts to sign Gortat or Big Al.

* Reggie Lewis was not a future Hall of Famer.

* Trading Pau Gasol is not the solution for the Lakers to go under the tax apron.

* Celtics will not win a championship this season.

* And just because KG is getting 17 rebounds in the playoffs, that doesn't mean he'll be doing that in the regular season next season.

1. Captain obvious to the rescue! But also, if Pierce is waived, that is certainly enough money for Gortat who had a horrible year ... just sayin

2. Reggie Lewis is dead dude. He died at age 27 ... if Pierce died in his stabbing (i know he was only 24) he prob wouldnt have been a HOFer either. There is no way you can accurately state this as fact.

3. Absolutely right. Lakers are hosed irregardless. Amnesty Kobe. That is how you get under the tax! 

4. You just shattered my heart with that slap of truth to the face. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEE

5. My point about the 17 rebounds is that KG is ABSOLUTELY worth the 12M at this point in time. Next year he could drop off, but so could anyone. Yes, he is ancient in NBA age but listen when you are putting up numbers like that in what is absolutely the most important moments in the season ... gotta be worth something.

Anyone who is adament about "KG should have taken a friendy, 2M deal for us" is exceptionally greedy and stupid. This is a business, and the reality is that he did give us a discount. He could have made more elsewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

* Paying KG 12.4m next season will NOT allow the Celts to sign Gortat or Big Al.

* Trading Pau Gasol is not the solution for the Lakers to go under the tax apron.

* And just because KG is getting 17 rebounds in the playoffs, that doesn't mean he'll be doing that in the regular season next season.

1. Beats me.

2. Tragically we'll never know. At the very least, he would have been one of the NBA's top players for another 5-7 years.

3. Don't care.

4. "Doi," as the kids say.

5. See 5.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

1. Captain obvious to the rescue! But also, if Pierce is waived, that is certainly enough money for Gortat who had a horrible year ... just sayin

2. Reggie Lewis is dead dude. He died at age 27 ... if Pierce died in his stabbing (i know he was only 24) he prob wouldnt have been a HOFer either. There is no way you can accurately state this as fact.

3. Absolutely right. Lakers are hosed irregardless. Amnesty Kobe. That is how you get under the tax! 

4. You just shattered my heart with that slap of truth to the face. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEE

5. My point about the 17 rebounds is that KG is ABSOLUTELY worth the 12M at this point in time. Next year he could drop off, but so could anyone. Yes, he is ancient in NBA age but listen when you are putting up numbers like that in what is absolutely the most important moments in the season ... gotta be worth something.

Anyone who is adament about "KG should have taken a friendy, 2M deal for us" is exceptionally greedy and stupid. This is a business, and the reality is that he did give us a discount. He could have made more elsewhere.

Nice response.  Only one question.  You seem like your hell bent on getting rid of PP.  What is wrong with having a poing guard back to cut PP and JG turnovers down.  Its pretty obvious from the second half the season the Pierce would have been a all star this year if he played that way the first half.  I don't worry about the money since I don't have anything to do with it.  I am sure DA will figure out what to do.

As I have said over and over,  add good pieces to what we got and take the pressure off of KG and PP to bring it for 82 games.  Add RR,  Sully and Jeff and even Terry unless he is moved,  we have a good team.  Maybe Williams turns into a good player.  Again we have the worst guard play in the league and obviously Doc doesn't like our bench since we only played 2 guys.  Maybe a bench would help.   

Last but not least,  I am not worried about 2 years from now.  That is DA and Doc.  Get good players to add to team and we don't worry about lottery,  just how far we go in playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Reggie Lewis wasn't a HOF, but I think after the big three he could have made a few all star games.  The 90's would have still been bad with him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Reggie Lewis wasn't a HOF, but I think after the big three he could have made a few all star games.  The 90's would have still been bad with him.

Who knows how good Reggie could have been.  No he wasn't a HOF player at that time but the Dude could put the ball in the hole.  Those guys if they do it enough usually get to the HOF.  We could have had a good transitiion with Reggie and Len on the team.  People tend to think just because our big three got old.  That is true but we also lost 2 very key players. IMO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

And sports Talibans like Mployee and Bosoxjoe have resorted to insults and name calling because they were exposed for being liars and frauds.

I have been factual and haven't lied once and caught you in a blatant lie about BDC deleting post. The insults only came after you started big timing it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

All of a sudden onyl fierce knows how good Reggie Lewis was gonna be and for how long. 

Lewis could flat out play and was in the process of really making himself extremely important to the C's.

Was he gonna be a HOF'r?? who can really say... takes alot of years in the league to be considered and Lewis was still young.

Only fierce knows for sure though.... in his own mind anyway

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Dang Fierce...I was so excited to throw a Banner 18 party this year but you killed my thunder. lol

Go Celtics. Beat the Knicks!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

fierce  stop your lying..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Paul Pierce already made 3 All-Star appearances and 2 3rd team All-NBA selections in 6 years.

Reggie Lewis only made 1 All-Star appearance from 1987-1993.

And don't tell me how good Reggie Lewis is because I grew up watching the Celtics in the 80s.

That makes you a 30+ year old virgin.

Awesome!!!

Pud

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Paul Pierce already made 3 All-Star appearances and 2 3rd team All-NBA selections in 6 years.

Reggie Lewis only made 1 All-Star appearance from 1987-1993.

Apples and  dumptrucks. Lewis played his first five seasons five seasons with Bird, McHale and Parish. It wasn't really Reggie's team until his sixth season after Bird retired.

Again, not saying he would have been a Hall of Famer ... that's impossible to know. But the Pierce comparison isn't valid.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Let's compromise, let's agree to disagree about the Paul Pierce comparison.

Now, there are fans here who said REGGIE LEWIS IS A HALL OF FAMER!

That I clearly disagree because like you said, it's impossible to know.

Agreed. I'm fairly certain Len Bias would  have been an absolute beast  in the NBA, but again, impossible to know. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

fierce  stop your lying..

What did I lie about?

I have dug up old threads and you have change you song saying some post have been deleteD. What you are looking at the two pages of deleted thread that came back after the the new system. There hasn't been a mass deletion of threads. Grow up and stop acting like child.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Reggie Lewis was a great scorer whose game elevated in the playoffs - he gave the Cavaliers fits.  He died just when he was entering his prime years, so who knows.  He definitely would have had a few more all-star game appearances.  He was also not a bad defensive player at all.  Reggie Lewis was one of my favorite players.  I loved his game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Reggie Lewis was a great scorer whose game elevated in the playoffs - he gave the Cavaliers fits.  He died just when he was entering his prime years, so who knows.  He definitely would have had a few more all-star game appearances.  He was also not a bad defensive player at all.  Reggie Lewis was one of my favorite players.  I loved his game.

he was one of my favorite players also...

Sections
Shortcuts