Getting the FACTS Right!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Getting the FACTS Right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQTFpXgEVw0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

fierce you are just being silly about lewis...he would have been in more all-stars...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRVjHDBJbnw

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

fierce you are just being silly about lewis...he would have been in more all-stars...

The thing I loved most about Reggie Lewis was that he was a great EFFICIENT scorer.  Look at his shooting percentages.  He wasn't one of these phoney baloney scorers who score alot of points, but need a million shots to do it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Bashing Reggie Lewis is so anti-Celtics!!!!!!!  He died just as he was entering his prime.  No one will ever know.  It is all speculation.  Tread lightly when talking about Lewis and/or Bias because those names bring back sad memories for us fans and all the woulda, coulda, shouldas.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to jdm894g's comment:

Bashing Reggie Lewis is so anti-Celtics!!!!!!!  He died just as he was entering his prime.  No one will ever know.  It is all speculation.  Tread lightly when talking about Lewis and/or Bias because those names bring back sad memories for us fans and all the woulda, coulda, shouldas.

Who said anything about bashing Reggie Lewis?

Saying that Reggie Lewis had potential to be a Hall of Famer, we will never know for sure.

But saying that Reggie Lewis was a future Hall of Famer is NOT accurate!

Reggie Lewis was NOT a good 3pt shooter. That's difference between him and Paul Pierce. 

There is not a Celtic alive or dead that Fungus wouldn't throw under the bus to make himself look knowledgeable.

Everyone who has ever worn Green is fair game... with the possible exception of CPP.

No sense of Celtic honor or pride here in service to Fungus' own ego.

Pud

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Am I lying when I say that Reggie Lewis was NOT a future Hall of Famer?

It's not true that Reggie Lewis is NOT a good 3pt shooter?

Reggie Lewis is more of a Rudy Gay type player. A scorer but not really a 3pt threat.  

you are just bringing this to a stupid level...lewis a rudy gay type? did you watch lewis before...i don't care he could not shoot 3's...his midrange shot was unreal..the guy could stop on a dime and hit shots easy...and his D was damn good...he played jordan realy well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

if bird mchale. parrish d.johnson and whoever was on this team...lewis would have more playing time...he had to work for his plying time because this team had so much talent and was always in the playoffs...when pierce came in he got to play right away...of course you going to get more points...if i had to pick a player to start my team and lewis had no heart trouble..i'd take lewis anytime...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Am I lying when I say that Reggie Lewis was NOT a future Hall of Famer?

It's not true that Reggie Lewis is NOT a good 3pt shooter?

Reggie Lewis is more of a Rudy Gay type player. A scorer but not really a 3pt threat.  

you are just bringing this to a stupid level...lewis a rudy gay type? did you watch lewis before...i don't care he could not shoot 3's...his midrange shot was unreal..the guy could stop on a dime and hit shots easy...and his D was damn good...he played jordan realy well.

Did I say Reggie Lewis is just as good as Rudy Gay?

All I said was "Rudy Gay type player". Both Gay and Lewis are tall SFs that are scorers but not good 3pt shooters.

And yes, I grew up watching Reggie Lewis.

Reggie Lewis was a very good player. But saying that he was a future Hall of Famer?

How could you be a future Hall of Famer when you only made the All-Star team once?

ok look at the players he had to go...look at the all-stars then and look at the all-stars now....to me back then had better tuff players...player now day would get eaten up back then...they would cry the way hard fouls are...lewis passed at 27....you telling me he would not get 4 more all-star games? 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

ok look at the players he had to go...look at the all-stars then and look at the all-stars now....to me back then had better tuff players...player now day would get eaten up back then...they would cry the way hard fouls are...lewis passed at 27....you telling me he would not get 4 more all-star games? 

Look, all I'm saying is proclaiming Reggie Lewis as a future Hall of Famer is not accurate.

Saying that the reason why the Celts didn't win a championship for more than 20 years is because of the death of Reggie Lewis not true also.

Reggie Lewis could have become a great player, I'm not doubting that. But if we base it on actual data, he still had a long way to go before reaching future Hall of Famer status.

pierce wouldn't have won if celtics didn't gat KG And allen...if lewis and bias played together..who knows?

Became the only player in Boston Celtics franchise history to have 100 rebounds, 100 assists, 100 steals, and 100 blocks in a single season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Fierce is clearly right:

If you are 27 and only made 1 All Star Game yet, it is unlikely, but not impossible, that you make the Hall of Fame.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to jdm894g's comment:

Who said anything about bashing Reggie Lewis?

Saying that Reggie Lewis had potential to be a Hall of Famer, we will never know for sure.

But saying that Reggie Lewis was a future Hall of Famer is NOT accurate!

Reggie Lewis was NOT a good 3pt shooter. That's difference between him and Paul Pierce. 

There is not a Celtic alive or dead that Fungus wouldn't throw under the bus to make himself look knowledgeable.

Everyone who has ever worn Green is fair game... with the possible exception of CPP.

No sense of Celtic honor or pride here in service to Fungus' own ego.

Pud

+1,000,000,000

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

PP would kill to have a career shooting percentage of 47%.  PP had more than a few seasons below 44% and one at 41% and another at 40%!  I'm sorry, if you are shooting 40%, then you are not a great scorer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

You really believe the reason why the Celts didn't win a championship for more than 20 years is because of the death of Reggie Lewis?

Would Reggie Lewis have won a championship with Dino Radja, Xavier McDaniel, Dominique Wilkins, David Wesley, Dee Brown, David Wesley, and Eric Montross?

the death of reggie lewis and len bias? you are saying the same thing as do you think pierce woiuld have won one with out KG and allen? pierce almost wanted to be traded before we got both....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Yes, who knows. But one thing's for sure, when Lewis passed away in 1993, he was not considered a future Hall of Famer. That's all I'm saying.

who is considered a hall of famer in 6 years? name one? 87-93..thats when reggie played...he hardly played in his 1st year...thats why i said 6.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts