GETTING THINNER

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: GETTING THINNER

Not to wish injury on Wilcox but this isn't bad news.  Call up Melo and make a trade for a big on the 15th. 

Melo is averaging 3.3 blocks and 6.4 boards in 24 minutes a game.

Might as well get him a few minutes in the NBA, perfect time to do it with him coming off a game in which he had a D-league single game record of 14 blocked shots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketballfan2010. Show basketballfan2010's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Not to wish injury on Wilcox but this isn't bad news.  Call up Melo and make a trade for a big on the 15th. 

Melo is averaging 3.3 blocks and 6.4 boards in 24 minutes a game.

Might as well get him a few minutes in the NBA, perfect time to do it with him coming off a game in which he had a D-league single game record of 14 blocked shots.

Agreed, bring up Melo and get him some time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Sorry, guys - this is from Doc TODAY:

Rivers said 2012 first-round pick Fab Melo is not a candidate to be called up despite blocking an NBADL record 14 shots for Maine Saturday against Erie.

"Chris is out; he's out for a while," Rivers said. "I don't know how long (but) the first report I got was three to four weeks. He'll be out."

When asked about Melo, Rivers said: "I can tell you I talked to Fab as in 'How you doing?' I haven't talked to anyone that thinks he's ready to come up yet."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketballfan2010. Show basketballfan2010's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Sorry, guys - this is from Doc TODAY:

Rivers said 2012 first-round pick Fab Melo is not a candidate to be called up despite blocking an NBADL record 14 shots for Maine Saturday against Erie.

"Chris is out; he's out for a while," Rivers said. "I don't know how long (but) the first report I got was three to four weeks. He'll be out."

When asked about Melo, Rivers said: "I can tell you I talked to Fab as in 'How you doing?' I haven't talked to anyone that thinks he's ready to come up yet."

With Wilcox out, why do you think they won't bring him up, if even for small minutes?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Doc says a lot of stuff to the press he doesn't mean.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I have no problem with bringing Melo up and playing him some if only to see if he has progressed since training camp.  He does not have to stay in the rotation if he is not ready and can go back to Maine any number of times this season.

He is still not an experienced NBA big man, but he is still big and seems to have some nice stats in the D-League.  There is no point in only dressing 11 guys when he could easily be the 12th man on a .500 team.

Perhaps he finds a defensive niche and sparks the team.  Perhaps he is not ready and gets completely lost for a few plays, but at least they get a look at him again.

I am sure that the Cs are looking for another experienced, NBA big man, but Melo could play a few minutes a game until they find one.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I saw a red claw game couple weeks ago and Melo looked lost in a D league game, he is not ready for prime time. Doc is right to keep him down.  Joseph however is not bad, he could contribute if the C's need to trade someone.  

Sections
Shortcuts