GIVE RONDO A BREAK!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosToNFan-inLA. Show BosToNFan-inLA's posts

GIVE RONDO A BREAK!!

I understand the kid messed up.  Did he cost us the game: YES...  BUT it wouldn't have BEEN a game if he hadn't put the Celtics on his BACK and carry them until KG and Bass decided to wake up. 

So, as I stated before:  GIVE RONDO A BREAK!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!!

Sorry, no can do. I'm a Rondo fan. I've spent far too much time on this board debating Fierce and Puddin, telling them Rondo is truly special player who makes the team better. Which I still believe.

But his immaturity Sunday night, which could very well put us in an 0-2 hole, was inexcusable. He let his teammates down. The criticism he's taking on this is well deserved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

It was disgraceful! Then to say that 'his momentum' caused him to 'bump' the ref made a mockery of Gollum and his word. Pathetic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!!:
    [QUOTE]It was disgraceful! Then to say that 'his momentum' caused him to 'bump' the ref made a mockery of Gollum and his word. Pathetic.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]
    Not quite as disgraceful or pathetic as elbowing a dude in the head for no reason, I have to say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Rondo and Glenn made an azz of themselves with the pathetic excuses they made up.

How about taking responsibility for your actions Rondo?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo and Glenn made an azz of themselves with the pathetic excuses they made up. How about taking responsibility for your actions Rondo?
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]
    Again, not nearly as pathetic as Whirled Peas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!! : Again, not nearly as pathetic as Whirled Peas.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

A one game suspension for Rondo is worse then a 7 game suspension for World Peace. LA can and will win without MWP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!! : Not quite as disgraceful or pathetic as elbowing a dude in the head for no reason, I have to say.

not only that, MWP said it was unintentional, he was swinging his elbows in celebration..

that excuse is worst than Rondo's..Elven is a IDIOT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!! : Again, not nearly as pathetic as Whirled Peas.

Lloyd, you're beating your head against the wall even attempting to discuss this with those guys/girls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!! : A one game suspension for Rondo is worse then a 7 game suspension for World Peace. LA can and will win without MWP.
    If you're saying Rondo is more valuable to the Celtics than Whirled Peas is to the Lakers, I couldn't agree more. But that wasn't the topic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!! : Lloyd, you're beating your head against the wall even attempting to discuss this with those guys/girls.
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]
    You're probably right, but I'm battling insomnia ... this might cure it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Have your mommy read you a bed time story...

When cornered and beaten, Gina insults!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Rule # 1.  Don't blow your cool!

A lession I taught young men to survive in a life at sea.

Rondo did it twice this year with the refs.  Good thing it was only a game.

If it were real life, he and other people could be dead.

By the way, when you are 26 years old, you should be "pottie" trained, and no longer considered a Kid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Rule # 1.  Don't blow your cool! A lession I taught young men to survive in a life at sea. Rondo did it twice this year with the refs.  Good thing it was only a game. If it were real life, he and other people could be dead. By the way, when you are 26 years old, you should be "pottie" trained, and no longer considered a Kid.
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

Rondo blew his cool but he knew he was in no physical danger in doing so. If the ref could hit back, temper tantrum Rondo might not be so out of control.

Remember, at sea the consequence may be your life...In the NBA, the consequence is a tiny bit of your multimillion dollar salary but your coach and teammates will continue to embrace you and many times force their way to spinning the incident around in your favor..

Surely when the series comes back to Boston, Rondo will receive a standing ovation.. How can righteousness and a lesson be learned from that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo and Glenn made an azz of themselves with the pathetic excuses they made up. How about taking responsibility for your actions Rondo?

As  a true Laker fan I must admit that Rondo clearly wasn't trying to bump Marc Davis.  Davis was just in Rondo's space. What Rondo did was not nearly as bad as "World Peace" did.   I really don't believe Rondo should have been suspended.  Maybe a game next regular season.  The Hawks were getting some ridiculous calls in their favor.  Easy to see why he was so upset.  The Celtics don't seem to get near as many calls as my belove Lakers get nite in and nite out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, no can do. I'm a Rondo fan. I've spent far too much time on this board debating Fierce and Puddin, telling them Rondo is truly special player who makes the team better. Which I still believe. But his immaturity Sunday night, which could very well put us in an 0-2 hole, was inexcusable. He let his teammates down. The criticism he's taking on this is well deserved.

Kudos lloydobler. Well said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!! : As  a true Laker fan I must admit that Rondo clearly wasn't trying to bump Marc Davis.  Davis was just in Rondo's space. What Rondo did was not nearly as bad as "World Peace" did.   I really don't believe Rondo should have been suspended.  Maybe a game next regular season.  The Hawks were getting some ridiculous calls in their favor.  Easy to see why he was so upset.  The Celtics don't seem to get near as many calls as my belove Lakers get nite in and nite out.
    Posted by lakerfaker[/QUOTE]

Laker I respect your effort, but clearly Rondo was surely attempting to get up in Davis's face. No reason after the first T to make any progress in officials direction. He blew his top. And it cost the Cs maybe 2 games. His ejection and one game suspension will hurt his teammates most. Just because the calls were not in Cs favor, does not justify his actions in any way. In the playoffs, you have to keep your cool. And he did not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosToNFan-inLA. Show BosToNFan-inLA's posts

The fact that we are even COMPARING what RON did to Harden to the "chest bump" of an official is absolutely LUDICROUS!!  

I do appreciate all of the feedback. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i think Rondo deserves criticism for what he did..but it goes overboard when people start saying "sit him extra games' or "trade him as soon as the offseason comes". i mean, really? kg and pp have all had inexcusable things happen during their careers, but none have received that level of criticism. well, paul earlier in his career maybe. its fair, but its not consistent with what others on this team have done, and thats what bothers me. if it was KG that did the EXACT same thing, not one person would be on here saying "sit kg game 3 to teach him a lesson" or "let him walk in the offseason." 

be consistent with your beliefs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]i think Rondo deserves criticism for what he did..but it goes overboard when people start saying "sit him extra games' or "trade him as soon as the offseason comes". i mean, really? kg and pp have all had inexcusable things happen during their careers, but none have received that level of criticism. well, paul earlier in his career maybe. its fair, but its not consistent with what others on this team have done, and thats what bothers me. if it was KG that did the EXACT same thing, not one person would be on here saying "sit kg game 3 to teach him a lesson" or "let him walk in the offseason."  be consistent with your beliefs.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    All Rondo has to do is play well and lead the team to victory.  I will forgive him then.  His jeopardizing the team's chances was as close to unacceptable as a fan can take. He is on thin ice as he should be.  He needs  to let his performance do the talking and everything will be fine.  Anything less and he is going to be viewed as an liability to the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!! : All Rondo has to do is play well and lead the team to victory.  I will forgive him then.  His jeopardizing the team's chances was as close to unacceptable as a fan can take. He is on thin ice as he should be.  He needs  to let his performance do the talking and everything will be fine.  Anything less and he is going to be viewed as an liability to the team.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

concord, how is he on thin ice?? Rondo had his best season this yr, and played worse than maybe one point guard in the league (tony parker) this talk of him being on thin ice and borderline traded are wats irking me.

40 seconds at the end of game 1 has been enough to dismiss an entire all-nba caliber season?? 

i can understand if Rondo was repeatedly, over and over, issue after issue like Bynum, but he has 2 ejection/suspensions. check our other players game records and see how many times they have been ejected or suspended. it HAPPENS. you get over it. 

even tim duncan has been suspended for messing with a ref..hahaha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!! : concord, how is he on thin ice?? Rondo had his best season this yr, and played worse than maybe one point guard in the league (tony parker) this talk of him being on thin ice and borderline traded are wats irking me. 40 seconds at the end of game 1 has been enough to dismiss an entire all-nba caliber season??  i can understand if Rondo was repeatedly, over and over, issue after issue like Bynum, but he has 2 ejection/suspensions. check our other players game records and see how many times they have been ejected or suspended. it HAPPENS. you get over it.  even tim duncan has been suspended for messing with a ref..hahaha
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I thougth the ref was suspended for messing with duncan

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Rondo does favor Gollum. Maybe that is God's punishment to him for being so classless. At least he is not overweight like Paula Pierce.

Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to GIVE RONDO A BREAK!!:
    [QUOTE]I understand the kid messed up.  Did he cost us the game: YES...  BUT it wouldn't have BEEN a game if he hadn't put the Celtics on his BACK and carry them until KG and Bass decided to wake up.  So, as I stated before:  GIVE RONDO A BREAK!!
    Posted by BosToNFan-inLA[/QUOTE]

With any number of other point guards that could shoot and or make free throws they would have likely won two more titles.  Give him a break?  Why?  After being in the league 6 years he makes bonehead turnovers all the time, tries to make passes that are not there, barely leads the league in assists when he has 3 great shooters to whom he has the luxury of passing the ball, and whose team has a better winning percentage without him than with him?  Give him a break - give me a break.....  trade him for Teague and whatever else it takes to make the money work, Teague and any number of other players or picks or better yet, Teague and Smith and then have the Cs throw in Ray's contract to make it work.....  When Danny puts out feelers and the other teams laugh and when the two finals will have marginal point guards at best - in OKC most don't even consider Westbrook a point guard, some will finally realize what I have said all along - BIGS and WINGS win titles, point guards are usually dragged along......  the last 20 years - Jordan, Pippen, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, and Hakeem are the reasons teams won titles - the teams that lost those titles - Patrick, 'zo, etc.  The only two good point guards that have won titles in the last 20 years are Billups and Parker, most of the time point guards like Fisher, Paxson, Kerr, 50 year old Kidd, White Chocolate have won titles.......the point guard position is vastly overrated and having a vastly overrated point guard as some sort of building block of the future renders the whole decision making process kind of a simple brain f art if you don't deal Rondo to a team that values one way more than they should...........  The Clips get CP3 and Billups and their season falls apart when Billups goes down.. things that make you go hmmm.... with Nash, Kidd, Williams, Paul, and any number of other point guards that are more complete the Cs would have raised two more banners in the BIG 3 era........... but at least we have a whiny immature point guard that cannot shoot and cannot be on the floor in crunch time to bring along all of the young players that will make up the bulk of the roster in the coming years.....  25 wins and let the rebuilding begin....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIVE RONDO A BREAK!! : Not quite as disgraceful or pathetic as elbowing a dude in the head for no reason, I have to say.

+1
    Concur.

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts