Give us your projected Celtic's depth chart...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Give us your projected Celtic's depth chart...

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

there isn't anything inadvertant about it.

Well...just between you and I............

Yep...

[/QUOTE]

oh. I didn't know they traded their two best players for a bunch of scrubs inadvertantly.

[/QUOTE]

LOL...I hope so... :)

[/QUOTE]

Ha.  It might have been incompetent. but it wasn't inadvertant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

All positions should be up for grabs since Rondo is the only CLEAR best player at his position on the team.But politics must be played in the NBA...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

An extraordinary depth chart would be:

Bradley-Brooks-Wallace-Green-Humphries

Crawford-Lee-Bass-Sullinger-Olynyk

If Bass can guard Lebron and Carmelo like he has done, he can be a Larry Johnson style small forward. (Power 3)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I think you have this mostly right, except:

Sully will not start at center and will likely not even log any minutes at center.  At 6'9" without any vertical, he would get demolished in the middle.  They are paying Fav $6M with 3 years.  He will start even if he needs to develop skills over time.  Winning isn't important as development.  Hump will backup Fav with Oly playing some minutes at C as well.

Bass will likely start at PF since its his position to lose and more importantly, Danny will want to showcase Bass for a trade in December.  Sully will backup Bass, and Oly will also get some minutes, especially when Hump is in at center.

Bradley and Pressey will share minutes at PG until Rondo returns in late Nov/early Dec.   Rondo and Avery will be traded before the end of the season (unless Bradley really shines at PG).  Don't think Danny will pay Rondo ~maximum in his contract year and Bradley at only 6'1" without an effectively consistent outside shot won't fit in Stevens system at SG. 

Sully will not technically be a center in my projected lineup as Olynyk will defend the low post or whoever the opposing center is, but Sully will be a big focus of the low post offense assuming he is healthy because Olynyk is better playing facing the basket.  I had Bradey and Pressey on the floor at the same time because they would basically be playing "small ball" with two point guards.

I agree with most sentiments on this thread by those who say Bass and others could start to make them attractive as trade bait, anything goes this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think it's a little premature to start talking depth charts. I think we can pencil in 2 guys as probable starters Green and Bradley, where they will be playing is still very much in the air.

It is true we have no legit Center but that can be said about 26 teams in the league, though we have no C we do have good size overall . It's my hunch we will see many different starting lineups over the course of the season. There are going to be nights when we see a starting 5 of Humpty,Oly,Wallace upfront and JG and Brooks/Lee?Crawford as the backcourt. Other nights we might see Pressey,AB as Gs and Wallace,Green and Oly up front.

I am less interested in who starts as what style we are going to be playing. It is my humble opinion, I think ball pressure and up tempo will be our strong suite. We don't have established successful players in any role as we did the last 7 years which will present many challenges but will also make us harder to prepare for. It has been my experience, that if you have a team with equal talent across the board where no one player stands far above the rest you can play at a faster pace consistently and substitute more freely and keep the same talent level on the floor.

I know we have a lot question marks on this team, we have 2 assumed key players coming back from season ending injuries and no longer have the 2 established probably HOFers on our roster which may lead most to think we are deep in Kim Chee. Trying to be the Celtics of the last 7 years would be a big mistake,having said that we were in a situation of diminishing returns and were going to be alot worse if we tried to give those two "one more shot". We have an unknown commodity right now and it is human nature to be skeptical but when you look at pieces we have I don't see an automatic lottery team I see team that will suprise by embracing its' new personality and talent set.I know I'm in the distinct minority and some may choose to ridicule and cajole, but I feel we are going to be much much better than anticipated regardless of who starts where.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Pre-christmas

PG- Bradley, Pressey, Crawford

SG- Lee, Brooks, Crawford

SF- Green, Wallace, Brooks

PF- Bass, Olynyk, Sully

C- Humphries, Fav, Sully

Post Christmas

PG- Rondo, Bradley, Pressey

SG- Lee, Brooks, Crawford

SF- Green, Wallace, Brooks

PF- Olynyk, Bass, Wallace

C- Sully, Humphries, Fav

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Fail to see how Humphries doesn't start on this team.........20 and 10 guys a couple of years ago:

Until Rondo returns (also read Sully was hurt as well):

Bradley/Crawford/Pressey (sorry, boys, not seeing it)

Lee/Brooks/Bogans

Green/Wallace

Humphries/Sully/Bass

KO/Sully/Fav(again, not seeing it)

Have a great day, everyone!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:  Now Sullinger and Rondo are on vacation, KO and Faverani should get good minutes with Sullinger out.  This could give us a good look at our real future. 

Starters in bold:

PG - Rondo, Pressey <starts the season at PG until Rondo gets back

SG - Bradley, Lee, Brooks, Crawford

SF - Green, Wallace, Bogans

PF - Olynyk, Bass

C - Sullinger, Faverani, Humphries

Assuming Rondo isn't ready to start the season than Bradley could get the nod, though if everything goes great Pressey will impress in camp and take the starting PG job until Rondo gets back.  Also I have high hopes for Faverani taking the center position and rolling with it as well as Brooks maturing enough to take over the shooting guard position, I readily admit that this paragraph is wild eye'd, pie in the sky thinking and I'm projecting upward but I have a lot of faith in Danny Ainge's ability to spot talent.

Assuming this ^ fantasy scenario happens and everything goes right, the starting five of the future would be: Rondo, Brooks, Green, Olynyk and Vitor.  People will ask what about Sully, I have deep concerns about his back being able to handle a starting load over the course of a season and he could be very effective as a 6th man.  There is also the distinct possibility that once Rondo returns and proves he is healthy and Pressey has already shown he can start Rondo will be a trading chip.  In that case swap out Rondo for Pressey above...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

• PG: Bradley, Pressey
      SG: JEFF GREEN, yup thats right., Brooks, Lee, Crawford, Bogans
    • SF: Wallace, Green
    • PF: Bass, Sully
    • C: Olynyk, Humphries, Favarani

jeff green at the 3 and wallace at the 3 put the most athleticism, size and talent all on the court at once. green to me is versatile enough to play the 2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I watched Hardwood classics on nbatv and Jeff guarded Pau Gasol very well. He can do work as our power forward. Spread offense dragging opposing 4's out to 3 point land is good for Rondo and other slashers like Wallace. If they cheat of Jeff he'll go 7-10 on 3's all day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

An extraordinary depth chart would be:

Bradley-Brooks-Wallace-Green-Humphries

Crawford-Lee-Bass-Sullinger-Olynyk

If Bass can guard Lebron and Carmelo like he has done, he can be a Larry Johnson style small forward. (Power 3)

In my depth chart Bass can come in for Wallace or Green, if he comes in for Wallace, Jeff then moves to SF.Bass could be sixth man of the year playing SF/PF in an uptempo system overpowering the Kawhi Leonards of the world and hitting that mid-range on the Tyler Hansboroughs of the NBA. 

Crawford may not be a starting point, but he can run pick n rolls, which is all a back-up point needs to be able to do really.Shoot over saggers and penetrate and dish on overplayers. He can do that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Pressey led all Celtics in minutes last night against the Knicks and should start until Rondo gets back, he was really efficient 4-5 floor, 5-6 free throws, 3 boards, 7 assists, 0 turnovers, 2 steals with 13 points.

Bradley wasn't great last night but this Chris Babb kid caught my eye, not only is he the prototypical size for shooting guard at 6'5" 225 pounds, he is a dead eye shooter both in Summer League (57% from 3 point land, 90% free throws) but last night he was lights out shooting 4-5 on his threes, adding 2 assists and a blocked shot in 8 minutes, let's see if he can maintain this with extended minutes.

Oly had his worst night as a pro including all off season games, I hope he rebounds with a strong showing next game.  He was going to have some struggles adjusting to the pros, better he does it in preseason and finds his groove when it counts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Clearly, I was wrong on a couple of fronts.

I was not sold on Fav - I was wrong about that. He will be a decent player, and perennial backup.  Also thought Hump would be our starting C...........whether I think he should be is irrelevant.....I was wrong on that one, too!

Was right about Pressey, though - 1 out of 3!! ha ha

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I readily admit that this paragraph is wild eye'd, pie in the sky thinking and I'm projecting upward"

[/QUOTE]

Hey fierce, you have some serious reading comprehension problems, also there's this:

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/who-will-start-wed-just-for-fun/100/6857192#add-post-form

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts