Glaring problems for Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Glaring problems for Celtics

This is like a broken record. I keep seeing the same issues with this team.

1-Doc cannot motivate certain individuals on this team. Those individuals are Bass, Wilcox, Lee and Terry. Green has responded and seems to be playing well, but the other 4 guys are continuing to get major minutes and do NOTHING with them. Doc has no choice but to play them but it's obvious they don't have the killer instinct. We are playing guys that are normally reserves...as starters.

2-Terry talked a lot before he came to Boston and continues to talk. However, I don't see him scoring on a consistent basis or does he deserve to be called the 6th man. Some of it's his fault but again I blame Doc. There is no way Terry should play 20+ minutes and get 2 shots. How can you call him a SG or 6th man and expect him to provide scoring off the bench when he doesn't get volume shots. Then when he does, he's inconsistent.

3-Rondo is going to have to look to score more...period.

4-Time to shake up the lineup. Get AB in the starting lineup ASAP

5-Make Green the 6th man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Re: Glaring problems for Celtics

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1-Doc cannot motivate certain individuals on this team. Those individuals are Bass, Wilcox, Lee and Terry. Green has responded and seems to be playing well, but the other 4 guys are continuing to get major minutes and do NOTHING with them. Doc has no choice but to play them but it's obvious they don't have the killer instinct. We are playing guys that are normally reserves...as starters.

2-Terry talked a lot before he came to Boston and continues to talk. However, I don't see him scoring on a consistent basis or does he deserve to be called the 6th man. Some of it's his fault but again I blame Doc. There is no way Terry should play 20+ minutes and get 2 shots. How can you call him a SG or 6th man and expect him to provide scoring off the bench when he doesn't get volume shots. Then when he does, he's inconsistent.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

What happened to Leandro? He was doing well then he fell out of the rotation. AB will help no doubt but we still have that black hole at center.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Agreed we need to get Gortat or another Center ASAP

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

What happened to Leandro? He was doing well then he fell out of the rotation. AB will help no doubt but we still have that black hole at center.

[/QUOTE]

Typical Doc... Barbosa came in and added a real scoring spark... so Doc did his usual.. benched him.  Im sure Doc has his reasons, hes a HOF coach in many peoples eyes here. He could probably take this Celtic team and win a Super Bowl with them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

This looks to be a a very average team at this point.  They started last year 17 and 17  believe and then went on a very nice run the rest of the year.  With a trade for a good big and Bradley coming back they could get back in it, but it doesn't look good right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This looks to be a a very average team at this point.  They started last year 17 and 17  believe and then went on a very nice run the rest of the year.  With a trade for a good big and Bradley coming back they could get back in it, but it doesn't look good right now.

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if we can rely on a thirty six year old center we will be even average much longer.  The trade needs to be made but on the after game discussion with Tommy Heinsohn a move for big man was poohed poohed with him saying "they could try to get another big man."  Something is wrong here.  If a mouthpiece can't be honest than maybe they don't feel they can get a big man of value.  I had said this summer signing Collins was a joke and who knew you could ever see him as more valuable than Blatche when they had nobody of talent to back KG.  This team can't continue without getting someone in the paint.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree - also don't know why we are looking at Tyreke Evans with AB coming back.....unless it's part of a bigger deal.  Maybe PHO will take Evans as a backup to Dragic??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree - also don't know why we are looking at Tyreke Evans with AB coming back.....unless it's part of a bigger deal.  Maybe PHO will take Evans as a backup to Dragic??

[/QUOTE]

I can only hope you are right. I don't think so though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can only hope you are right. I don't think so though.

[/QUOTE]

I copied & pasted the following from a separate post entitled "we are a 500 team at best"

The Glaring Problem is one we've had since Bird, McHale & Parish days...no domination or even competitive presence in the paint !!!

The other problem is that we are asking bench players to be starters. All of the following are average, Terry, Bass, Lee and even Green. They'd be a good 6-7th men on the Heat, Thunder etc. As much as my wounds have been mended with the Lakers also failing, they will come around & be competitive for the same reason they have the past few years. With Howard(used to be Bynum) and Gasol they win rebound battles and are usually +10. Except for Kobe, the rest of their team is mediocre but even average players will score with extra chances & Howard & Gasol have a post presence we don't except for KG. We've got 2 supers stars, KG & PP, but they are past their prime.  Give Rondo a big man to whom to pass under the basket. I would do everything to get Love & that means getting rid of Terry, Bass, Lee and even Green. A. Bradley's return will help & what happened to Barbosa !!!

Another sport I know but I can't look forward to the Red Sox as they have done the same as the Celtics, picked up a lot of average players & it will be a challenge to be a 500 team !

Go Patriots !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The problem is kg can only play 28 minutes. Thats like half the game. And thats precisely how long we play well for. We need a player who can score a little and protect the rim , while kg is sitting.  We have too many one way players. Other than kg, rondo, pp. We dont have guys who can play both ends. lee good on defense, not on offense. terry good on offense not on defense. Jgreen good one day bad the next. So much inconsitency from everyone other than the big 3.

I also think docs rotation have been too strict. U got to play the hot hand thats how u use a bench. He sees so focused on minutes.  Every game the substituion patterns r exactly the same. Which also makes it ez for opposing coaches to match up to your subs, if they know when guys are coming in and out. Making it harder to create favorable mismatches.

Also they need to run a LOT MORE pick and roll with rondo, so they dont keep settling for long jumpers, I hate when rondo is just standing up top waiting for a curl to develop and then there is 10-12 seconds on shot clock and its force a contested perimter jump shot time, which in turn leads to fast breaks for other teams. Even if rondo doesnt finish at the rim he must be constantly in the paint area, getting the opposing defenses to rotate so he can break them down, he did that several times in the 3rd quarter against the bulls with great success. Rondo must live in the paint, and to get him there we need more pick and roll ran. On every play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I see 2 problems with this team and that is they are too dam old. They cant keep up with the younger players. You can see them struggling running back and forth. The second problem is they need a big center that can block and rebound. This team sucks at both. I would much rather have had Stiestma then Wilcox. Ainge start tradinf older vets for younger players or picks NOW before its too late.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Well, the problem of the celtics. They lost momentum right from the start. They had a very high expectation on Terry & Lee. These two are a bust. Garnet & Pierce did not appreciate losing Ray, has no feeling toward Terry & Lee.  Danny as usual took a left over center...No one rebounded & the momentum got worse. Rondo as I said over and over, a good guard but can't carry the team like Nash - Rose - Billups and Chris Paul. He's good but not good enough. Dudder was right from the start, he's good complementary player. He needs at least 3 good players to shine.

At this point.....they have a very low ego. Night after night, no one in the celtics uniform is dominant. It's a hit or miss night after night.

One thing they can salvage the season...if Ainge can find a real legit big (banger) center, the veterans will get energize............ but does not look promising.

They don't have anything to trade. If they trade Sully, it will jeopardize their future. Pierce & Garnett are done next season. Nothing to offer except a pick. Any subtraction in the current roster will hurt the team.

Ainge wrong planning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Got to agree with Che. The C's need a decent big for this team to compete every night.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

+1 lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if we can rely on a thirty six year old center we will be even average much longer.  The trade needs to be made but on the after game discussion with Tommy Heinsohn a move for big man was poohed poohed with him saying "they could try to get another big man."  Something is wrong here.  If a mouthpiece can't be honest than maybe they don't feel they can get a big man of value.  I had said this summer signing Collins was a joke and who knew you could ever see him as more valuable than Blatche when they had nobody of talent to back KG.  This team can't continue without getting someone in the paint.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the season is not going to be put on hold because of mistakes that Danny ainge made during the off season. Hope all is well!

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

your team would know considering they have more losses then the Celtics!

ROTFLMAO!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

the big men are the issue. 

in terms of jason terry - in 30 minutes a night he is averaging 11.4 pts per game on 46% shooting and 39% from the three pt line. he's .857 at the line. he's averaging a steal and a couple of assists a game. he's played adequate defense. at times he's been a little careless with the ball. seems to bring a great attitude night in and night out. yes, he's scoring less than he ever has in his career and has a few fewer assists, but he's on a new team where he is anywhere form the 3rd to the fifth option and has been bouncing between starting and coming off the bench. he's outperforming his career averages in fg%; ft %. the guy is 35 years old. what were people expecting? he's not ray allen. he's instant offense on the bench, but he's always had nights when his shot is not going to fall. jason terry is not even a slight problem, let alone one of the issues  on this team. 

in terms of tommy heinson pooh-pooing the possibility of acquiring a big man. tommy's lucky if he could name 10 big men in the NBA off the top of his head. he has trouble identifying opposing players during the game he's calling, and that's with a stat sheet in front of him, the players out on the court with names on their jerseys, a monitor where he is looking at the same players, a scoreboard in the arena listing them, mike gorman sitting next to him filling in the blanks, and someone in his earpiece feeding him info. what makes anyone think he is privy to anything going on in the front office, or speaks with a single NBA insider. When has he ever mentioned a conversation with a league coach, a player in another uniform, other front office personnel, or other plugged in media personnel. never, that's when. tommy doesn't care enough about his job to investigate trade rumors, the college game, overseas basketball, or even other games the celts aren't participating in. he lietrally has no idea what's going on around the league at any given time. he's about as reliable a source for inside information as anyone posting on this board. 

here's a few things wrong with the celtics:

1. big men - no viable big men. need a center and an additional big body. every player at the 4 and 5 is undersized. huge rebounding issues. no low post shot blocker at all. no low post offesnive presence. 

2. jeff green - making over 8 per, jeff green is a complete bust

3. running - a team that is seemingly built to run doesn't (i'll give tommy credit for two things - for years he has constantly harped on running, going to the basket, and boxing out and while he says the same exact things no matter who is on the roster he's right on all three counts).

4. defense - due mostly to having no shot blocker and no experienced low post defenders their defensive rotations and transition defense seem to be in disarray. at best there seems to be erratic effort and energy levels game to game. 

5. age the celtics two leading offensive players are both past their prime. ther's nothinga nyone can do about this. kg can only play in five minute intervals and they fall apart when he leaves the court. 

7. rondo's consistency on O their best player is a phenomenal passer and court general, but is not consistent with his offense. it's nice that he is able to be effective when not even scoring and the outside shot has gotten better, but this team nightly production from him. this team needs him to be superman, attacking the basket relentlessly. they need him to average at least 16-18 pts a game.  

8. team continuity the team has just not gelled. part of it maybe part of it is sub-par play from players like Lee and Bass, but those two players seem to give effort every time out. it's the results that are lacking. lee has an odd hitch in his shot and seems to have to have the ball and create on his own as opposed to getting offense in flow. bass is a strange athlete. on the one hand he appears strong and has traditinally had a great jumper from 15 in. there are times when he seems to do a great jump lifting with two feet planted and dunks with authority. and yet he can't seem to elevate in the same way when rebounding or driving and just doesn't seem to be able to truly compete at the four. he also struggles on d at times. whatever the reasons, these two players have just not fitted into the rotation. 

9. closing it out - the team hasn't figured out who should take the shot at the end of games. ray is gone so a big part of their end game strategy is gone. pierce is not much more susceptible to turning the ball over with intense defense and has really struggled to even get shots off to close it out. they must come up with a strategy. good teams have dependable go to guys. 

10. AB - he's a young, athletic guard who brings energy and great defense to the court. they need the energy and the d.  

11. back-up pg - ? it reamins a mystery why this front office is so averse to having a legit back-up pg on the roster. 

12. stagnant half court offense - while rondo should dominate the ball it doesn't mean that there shouldn't be ball movement. okay, they don't have any low post options. all the more reason to use movement and cutters to attack the basket. too much standing around. too much settling for end of the clock perimeter shots. they need guys like rondo, lee, and green going to the basket hard to force the action. 

Sections
Shortcuts