Glen Davis Celtics Blocking

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from roliba. Show roliba's posts

Glen Davis Celtics Blocking

An article surfaced recently stating that Howard was probing Davis for insight into the Celtics organization.  Could it be that the reason Howard is not interested in joining the Celtics is due to Glen Davis' resentful personal feelings towards this organization after being traded?  Davis shouldnt be the most credible source of information due to his instability but then again, Howard doesnt seem to be the most mature and rational player around either.  Think about it, if I am contemplating transfering jobs and I have a new colleaque from a company I was considering and he bashes them, it might deter me from pursuing it.   Otherwise, I just dont get why he wouldnt even consider playing for the most decorated basketball organization.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: Glen Davis Celtics Blocking

In Response to Glen Davis Celtics Blocking:
    An article surfaced recently stating that Howard was probing Davis for insight into the Celtics organization.  Could it be that the reason Howard is not interested in joining the Celtics is due to Glen Davis' resentful personal feelings towards this organization after being traded?  Davis shouldnt be the most credible source of information due to his instability but then again, Howard doesnt seem to be the most mature and rational player around either.  Think about it, if I am contemplating transfering jobs and I have a new colleaque from a company I was considering and he bashes them, it might deter me from pursuing it.   Otherwise, I just dont get why he wouldnt even consider playing for the most decorated basketball organization.  
    Posted by roliba

He might be doing so but I think if he turns Boston down, it won't be because he's been talking to Big Baby. Factors like the bright lights big city pull of LA, NY, etc and the roster's future (Boston will be rebuilding and Danny's got to sell him a plan) will be more important.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

And the factor that BBD is very stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Whatever.  The only truth is, the Celtics made out like bandits in that deal.

Give up Davis and Wafer for Bass?  Yes please.

Anyone catch BBD pulling his pants down last week after a foul call?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

In Response to Re: Glen Davis Celtics Blocking:
    Whatever.  The only truth is, the Celtics made out like bandits in that deal. Give up Davis and Wafer for Bass?  Yes please. Anyone catch BBD pulling his pants down last week after a foul call?
    Posted by soups

Sad but true.  I used to be a BBD fan, but last year that faded.  When I heard we traded him for Bass I was ecstatic, just based on what I remember watching Bass against the C's - toughness and energy was what I remembered.  He's been better than I expected, too.

Davis, well, kinda makes me sad.  Seems like a decent person, but as others said, simply immature; got a screw loose somewhere....

Ya, we done good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

The only reason DH would come to Boston is because of one person....Doc Rivers! He has mad respect for him ( not to mention they're neighbors in Orlando).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

And the factor that BBD is very stupid.
    Posted by concord27

don't be so hard on "baby-doll"...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Please stop bad mouthing Glen Davis. The guy was a nice player for the Celtics. Does everyone forget the Shrek/Donkey final game? 

Be happy with Bass ,but Davis wasn't a Randy Moss type player,and deserves respect for his contributions to the Celtics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

Please stop bad mouthing Glen Davis. The guy was a nice player for the Celtics. Does everyone forget the Shrek/Donkey final game?    Be happy with Bass ,but Davis wasn't a Randy Moss type player,and deserves respect for his contributions to the Celtics.
    Posted by notrade

I agree, NT.  I like the guy.  But in cold, hard basketball terms, we upgraded.  Bass is better.  And from what I can tell Doc was at the end of his rope with him in terms of his ability to simply do as he was instructed.  And the immaturity aspect wasn't cute anymore when he broke his thumb in a fight with his friend, which hurt the team.

He's a young guy.  Who knows how the next few years will go for him.  Hopefully, extremely well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If Howard is going to consult someone, he'll talk to a lot more people than Baby.  He'll ask Bass who he knows better, he'll have his agent investigate, etc.  Baby's comments won't make much difference.   

All of this is irrelevant unless Howard makes it to free agency which I predict he won't.  Magic are going to discover they are middle of the road team and that they better rebuild.  So, get as much as you can for Howard and they'll wait until the other teams are desparate.....just before the trade deadline.  That's when they'll hope to pull off a Denver type of deal with Dallas, LA, NY, or NJ.   I wouldn't be surprised to see Amare, chandler, and a few others go to Olrando (not sure Chandler can be traded?).

Sections
Shortcuts