Glen Davis 'exercising his mind'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind'

In Response to Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind':
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind' : Did it ever occur to you that perhaps Doc felt it was necessary to expose Glen to public criticism to counteract the absurdly big ego that Glen had developed (probably because of his early success)?  Another possibility is that Doc doesn't have to criticize a lot of the other players (PP, RA, KG, and yes, even Rondo) because they take responsibility.  PP takes responsibility (he owned up to his mistakes in the Miami series), RA is one of the most professional guys in the NBA, KG is harder on himself than anyone else could be, and Rondo owned up to his mistakes (admitted he was playing the worst of his career, that he needed to play better, and that he was not injured).  None of them made excuses.  Rondo didn't use his elbow as an excuse, nor his foot problems; how can Glen use his knee as an excuse? The facts are Glen choked, he wants too much money, he wants too big of a role, and he has too big of an ego without taking responsibility for his actions (Amare easy to guard?  really? where was he on that one?  If Amare didn't get hurt Baby would have been left curled in the fetal position crying himself to sleep).
    Posted by maverick685

cite me evidence of davis' absurdly big ego.  i've not heard about it until you said it.  doc started doing this early and often with davis.  it's not how coaches treat players unless they have a personal thing with them. 

and doc has a more or less personal thing with almost all young players whose names aren't spelled "rondo".  speaking of that, rondo has by far and away, the most massive ego I have seen in a while.  and for a guy who can't shoot and believes himself to be above the task of doing it.  kind of like obama having no experience commensurate to leaing a country, and not giving a care about that, rondo does not have the COMPLETE skill set needed to successfully lead a team, and seems proud of it and defiant about whether he should be or is learning how to shoot the rock whenevr he's asked.

so tell me, sage one, why hasn't doc outed the double nickels percent free throw shooting wonderkid point guard who's been under his tutleage now his whole career and defiantly won't improve?  why dat?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

could danny sign and trade baby.. whats his value 4yrs/18M?
    Posted by greenbeand

in the new CBA, i doubt anyone would pay that for davis coming off of a bad playoffs.

this is why the celts should just play it quiet and see if they can get him on a 4m deal or 3.5m for one year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

If any team plays starter money for Glen Davis I would be really surprised.
    He is a good defender in certain situations and has a fair jumpshoot for a Big,
    but (and this is a big but) he in undersized, immature, has knee problems and is not able to play starter minutes because he is running out of breath after 24 minutes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind' : snake brains, go ahead and really strain some veins reading into it.  i did not say that davis was a LEADER like silas or cowens (who by the way was an abhorrent head coach) but the STYLE OF PLAY, with grit, hustle and team work, are the same style that davis has. i know you can't see the shrubs from the weeds, but that was my comparison and i'm sticking with it.  i would go so far as to compare davis to the dirty work cedric maxwell did for the team in the 80s too.  none of these guys are exactly the same type of player with the same type of skills but similar types of hustle, grit and team play. in particular, davis's TEAM DEFENSE is something that will not be easily replaced on this team.  not only did he draw charges but many times shocked people who thought they were going to drive an easy open lane and found davis's fat asse standing there waiting for them.  no, he isn't a shot blocker, he's not a rodman or cowens type rebounder, but the hustle, the grit, the team play. just stick with those three concepts moron and stop putting all the rest of your trash in my mouth to try to make me look bad.  my comparison was finite, your "analysis" is ridiculous.  go to someone else' post and try to contrive them into being the author of crazy ideas. i liked davis as a player in green.  i wish he'd rebound more.  i thought his post game was improving and i wish he stayed with it more because we need all the team fouls on the other team we can get and all the free throws we can get, perpetual deficits in every game that davis helped bridge the gap with. come back with something stronger than a bunch of words stuffed in my mouth that i didn't say
    Posted by aciemvp

So your point is he is like Silas, Cowens and Maxwell except he isn't nearly as good?  I totally agree.  He's kind of like Bird except he can't shoot, pass or rebound.  If all you were talking about was hustle, grit and team play then sure make that comparison.  As long as we are both on the same page that as far as skill, maturity, and leadership he is more like Robert Traylor.  In fact lets agree to disagree.  He's like Robert Traylor except he tries harder.

You compared BBD to Silas and Cowens. He isn't at all like either one of those players.  In any way.  

By the way "snake brains"  Wow. That hurt.  I cried all night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Glen Davis 'exercising his mind' : The 87 IQ may account for this.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

THE SARCASM is palpable because 90 is moronic IQ- i
    ie, barely able to clothe oneself or meet basic social norms,
    oop, there it is... Gotta be 100 IQ to play for the Celtics, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nelsonbuzzershot. Show nelsonbuzzershot's posts

In Response to Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind' : and there you have it.  we really do have doc ribbers to thank for the poor treatment of davis over the last 2 plus years.  doc has gone to the press more times over glen davis' "issues" than with ANY other player.  come to think of it, doc hasn't gone to the press with ANY other player's "issues"!  even though sheed showed up flabby and tried at around 24.7% total effort the whole regular season.  davis had warts.  and other posters here have rightfully stated that davis is not "starting quality", and the longer he is out there the more he gets exposed, which is true to a lesser degree than the fact that he is not a "starter" on a elite team in the league.  but davis has done A LOT OF THINGS on this team, dirty work things, versatile things, hustle things, that will not easily be replaced in the modern NBA. think paul silas with less rebounding ability, cowens with less scoring and rebouding, and you have davis, a guy who would do anything to win.  and you can take his talk about "glen davis being glen davis" and twist it all out of proportion but the simple fact is that this guy played WAY OVER his age level and WAY OVER his projected status in the league on an elite team.  And correct me if I'm wrong but he was still improving all of last year until late in the year.  We really do not know how much better he could get.  To assume that he has flat lined or peaked would be ignorant. And in return for that unconditional effort, he got shat upon relentlessly by Doc Rivers.  ANY THING that davis did wrong or perceived wrong was subject to immediate anger from doc rivers while that standard did not hold for anyone else on the team.  how is that not a steaming pile of hypocrisy? how long do you people think ANYONE can hang with a program like that?  i mean unless you are literally perfect, doc is going to be scowling at you and soon after cutting promo's the press about how he's almost had it with you. this is why doc rivers shoudl not have been re-signed as a coach in boston.  partially becuase of his disastrous handling of davis, also his rotations this last year involving young people- wafer, daniels, delonte- never panned out into anythng good for us.  he took eons to integrate jeff green, a young player with skills who was willing to change his role.  from my viewpoint, green was just starting to hit a stride of consistency as soon as we got finished off by miami.  blame some of it on green, blame a lot of it on doc rivers if you want the truth of the matter. and now we are entering a rebuilding phase, where YOUNG PEOPLE are going to be crucial and we have doc rivers, the guy who can't bring himself to 1) play or 2) relate to young people and doc's signed up for 5 more years.  good luck with that!  so far it's gotten you davis out the door and wafer could have contributed a LOT as ray allen grew typically exhausted and ineffective.  how can delonte end up with 3 field goal attempts in multiple playoff games when we are starved for offense?  ask doc rivers, who chose to play the one armed bandit rondo over delonte so much of the time. we're on a shoe string budget and doc has to use the young people that he has.  yet he won't time and again.  and now he's actively repelling the key guy who held together the 5 spot during our most dominant stretch last year OUT THE DOOR.  brilliant.
    Posted by aciemvp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nelsonbuzzershot. Show nelsonbuzzershot's posts

In Response to Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind' : and there you have it.  we really do have doc ribbers to thank for the poor treatment of davis over the last 2 plus years.  doc has gone to the press more times over glen davis' "issues" than with ANY other player.  come to think of it, doc hasn't gone to the press with ANY other player's "issues"!  even though sheed showed up flabby and tried at around 24.7% total effort the whole regular season.  davis had warts.  and other posters here have rightfully stated that davis is not "starting quality", and the longer he is out there the more he gets exposed, which is true to a lesser degree than the fact that he is not a "starter" on a elite team in the league.  but davis has done A LOT OF THINGS on this team, dirty work things, versatile things, hustle things, that will not easily be replaced in the modern NBA. think paul silas with less rebounding ability, cowens with less scoring and rebouding, and you have davis, a guy who would do anything to win.  and you can take his talk about "glen davis being glen davis" and twist it all out of proportion but the simple fact is that this guy played WAY OVER his age level and WAY OVER his projected status in the league on an elite team.  And correct me if I'm wrong but he was still improving all of last year until late in the year.  We really do not know how much better he could get.  To assume that he has flat lined or peaked would be ignorant. And in return for that unconditional effort, he got shat upon relentlessly by Doc Rivers.  ANY THING that davis did wrong or perceived wrong was subject to immediate anger from doc rivers while that standard did not hold for anyone else on the team.  how is that not a steaming pile of hypocrisy? how long do you people think ANYONE can hang with a program like that?  i mean unless you are literally perfect, doc is going to be scowling at you and soon after cutting promo's the press about how he's almost had it with you. this is why doc rivers shoudl not have been re-signed as a coach in boston.  partially becuase of his disastrous handling of davis, also his rotations this last year involving young people- wafer, daniels, delonte- never panned out into anythng good for us.  he took eons to integrate jeff green, a young player with skills who was willing to change his role.  from my viewpoint, green was just starting to hit a stride of consistency as soon as we got finished off by miami.  blame some of it on green, blame a lot of it on doc rivers if you want the truth of the matter. and now we are entering a rebuilding phase, where YOUNG PEOPLE are going to be crucial and we have doc rivers, the guy who can't bring himself to 1) play or 2) relate to young people and doc's signed up for 5 more years.  good luck with that!  so far it's gotten you davis out the door and wafer could have contributed a LOT as ray allen grew typically exhausted and ineffective.  how can delonte end up with 3 field goal attempts in multiple playoff games when we are starved for offense?  ask doc rivers, who chose to play the one armed bandit rondo over delonte so much of the time. we're on a shoe string budget and doc has to use the young people that he has.  yet he won't time and again.  and now he's actively repelling the key guy who held together the 5 spot during our most dominant stretch last year OUT THE DOOR.  brilliant.
    Posted by aciemvp

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nelsonbuzzershot. Show nelsonbuzzershot's posts

I agree with you acie. What I cant understand is why nobody is criticizing using the one armed bandit when they could have used the former heat guard as well as other players. It seems that Dallas had no problem keeping the minutes of their players from being over-extended even if they used players that were risks when they had injuries but the celtics don't. I think ainge brings in players and they arent properly used and that this has been happening since the last championship which rivers is given too much credit for. They had the big three younger then and a better bench and almost no injuries and still had to go 7 games with of all teams the hawks!  I was shocked that rivers is still the coach and I am of the opinion that ainge probaly is not happy about this and is overruled.

Sections
Shortcuts