Glen Davis 'exercising his mind'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

Glen Davis 'exercising his mind'

Big baby is saying he wasn't mentally prepared for the postseason.

DavisI didn't prepare for (the postseason) well, mentally, and it affected the way I played. That's what I've been doing this offseason, concentrating on making sure that postseason won't happen again.

-- Celtics forward/center Glen DavisToo bad for you Big Baby. Noone will pay top dollar for a egocentric nba player. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind'

Big Baby on Espn: "I feel I know what's most important to me and that's Glen being Glen. I can't perform the way I need to perform if I'm not Glen Davis. I need to be in a situation where I'm going to be Glen Davis. If it's here with the Celtics or with somebody else, I just want to make sure I'm Glen Davis, whatever I do, wherever I'm at. That's all I'm really concentrating on, being Glen Davis, and being a complete player."

Asked if he can be "Glen Davis" in Boston, Davis endured a long pause before answering.

"I can be Glen Davis wherever," he said. "It depends on the system, the people around the system, who is going to let Glen Davis be Glen Davis, not let Glen Davis be something they think he should be."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

BBD may have some personality problems on the team. 

If he could play like he did early in the season, he'd be a big asset to the C's. I dont think Doc is too thrilled with having him back.. Dont know if its true, but some claimed BBD put on alot of weight towards end of season, that would be a very big negative imo.

Hard to say where he winds up. Last time he tested the FA market, not too much interest. Coming off a real bad end of season & playoffs, rumors of personality problems and maybe trouble with weight... who knows what interest there may be.

We could get him back again on the cheap but which direction is his game really going??  Hes proven he can be very valuable but now theres doubt...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I like him for what he can bring....but it appears that he is Doc's whipping boy....I think the odds favor him leaving......not sure what kind of offers he will receive...another good pick by Danny.....like Powe, he can find some gems in the rough....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Very troubling comments from a recent Globe article...

“I just want to make sure I’m Glen Davis wherever I’m at,’’ Davis said. “I think I can be Glen Davis wherever. It just depends on the system, the people around the system, who’s going to let Glen Davis be Glen Davis, not make Glen Davis something they think he should be.’’

Clearly, he thinks he's more than a role player on this team.  He may be better than just a role player, but when a player constantly grouses about the coach making him do things he doesn't want to do then is it really worth the trouble trying to appease him all the time?  To me, I think it's obvious the Celtics have their $ ceiling and Davis doesn't agree with Ainge and Doc on his value and capabilities. 

To me, Glen Davis is not a starter in this league.  He's the kind of player that does better in short stretches.  The more he plays, the more he is exposed.  I could be wrong, but I just don't see him being worth a long, bloated contract.  He's not exactly a company man when it would behoove him to shut his gob and be a team player.  Imagine that guy with a long, guaranteed contract. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

You'll see, some dumb team exec with a "fat" payroll will shell out big "dough" for the king of lard-asses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Glen Davis 'exercising his mind':
    [QUOTE]Big baby is saying he wasn't mentally prepared for the postseason. “ I didn't prepare for (the postseason) well, mentally, and it affected the way I played. That's what I've been doing this offseason, concentrating on making sure that postseason won't happen again. ” -- Celtics forward/center Glen Davis Too bad for you Big Baby. Noone will pay top dollar for a egocentric nba player.  
    Posted by jonrob777[/QUOTE]

The 87 IQ may account for this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

I am growing impatient with BBD's inability to realistic understand who he is and what he is capable of. When he states that he doesn't want to be somewhere where they,"make Glen Davis into something they think he should be", he sounds like he believes Doc and others haven't tried their best to make him into a solid player who helps the TEAM win. The things Doc and the other coaches have taught him are the skills that make up his value as a player, e.g., taking charges, ferocious rebounding, having confidence in his 12 -15 foot shot. Hi only chance to start will be with a team that will not make the playoffs. Further, mark my word, if he leaves the Celtics, his weight will become an even more significant problem. I like BBD, but it sounds like he thinks he knows more than the coaches. If we get a decent offer, send him off. He's emotionally fragile anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind':
    [QUOTE]I am growing impatient with BBD's inability to realistic understand who he is and what he is capable of. When he states that he doesn't want to be somewhere where they,"make Glen Davis into something they think he should be", he sounds like he believes Doc and others haven't tried their best to make him into a solid player who helps the TEAM win. The things Doc and the other coaches have taught him are the skills that make up his value as a player, e.g., taking charges, ferocious rebounding, having confidence in his 12 -15 foot shot. Hi only chance to start will be with a team that will not make the playoffs. Further, mark my word, if he leaves the Celtics, his weight will become an even more significant problem. I like BBD, but it sounds like he thinks he knows more than the coaches. If we get a decent offer, send him off. He's emotionally fragile anyway.
    Posted by hondorondo[/QUOTE]

Anyone who can't think his way out of a wet bag and refers to himself in the 3rd person has a lot of growing up to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

1. Glen is mad at Doc and probably for good reason.  2.  Glen improved a lot in the last 12 months.  3.  His knowledge of our defensive and offensive sets will not , I repeat will not be that easily replaced with the money we have.  3.  I agree that he is out of Boston but his situation was handled poorly by Doc.  4.  We will be lucky to assemble a bench as good as the one we already have with our assets.  Davis is a young man gowing up in front of our eyes and Doc may just be kicking him out at a time that he will be needed.  Glen and Perkins deserve our postive support because of what they did for us.  Both can be replaced with the right money but I do not think we have the $$$ to do it.  Draft picks will be delegated to the bench by Doc, and rightly so.  IF we want to make a run next year we should do as much as we can to retain Glen, Green, West and most of the bench.  We do not need a training camp that looks like a three ring circus if we want to try for 18, unlesss we bring in quailty vets for Doc.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]He should exercise his ARSS instead of his mind, he is very FAT. Just saying...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

lmao.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Very troubling comments from a recent Globe article... “I just want to make sure I’m Glen Davis wherever I’m at,’’ Davis said. “I think I can be Glen Davis wherever. It just depends on the system, the people around the system, who’s going to let Glen Davis be Glen Davis, not make Glen Davis something they think he should be. ’’ Clearly, he thinks he's more than a role player on this team.  He may be better than just a role player, but when a player constantly grouses about the coach making him do things he doesn't want to do then is it really worth the trouble trying to appease him all the time?  To me, I think it's obvious the Celtics have their $ ceiling and Davis doesn't agree with Ainge and Doc on his value and capabilities.  To me, Glen Davis is not a starter in this league.  He's the kind of player that does better in short stretches.  The more he plays, the more he is exposed.  I could be wrong, but I just don't see him being worth a long, bloated contract.  He's not exactly a company man when it would behoove him to shut his gob and be a team player.  Imagine that guy with a long, guaranteed contract. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  He appeared to gain a lot of weight towards the end of last season which really influenced his performance during the playoffs.   He ruined his own chances of obtaining a good contract since he gained so much weight. A couple of years ago when KG was injured he was a great help to the Celtics during the playoffs.  If he had stayed in shape last season, maybe he could been a great help during the playoffs.  This would also have helped him in obtaining offers from other teams. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind' : I agree with you.  He appeared to gain a lot of weight towards the end of last season which really influenced his performance during the playoffs.   He ruined his own chances of obtaining a good contract since he gained so much weight. A couple of years ago when KG was injured he was a great help to the Celtics during the playoffs.  If he had stayed in shape last season, maybe he could been a great help during the playoffs.  This would also have helped him in obtaining offers from other teams. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Susan, exactly right.  He admitted that he wasn't ready for the playoffs and he blamed it on Doc making him do things that "...were outside of Glen Davis' comfort zone" (hate 3rd person references).  He looked great when KG went down, and it's a troubling sign when a player doesn't seize the moment before he hits free agency and then blames it on how he was utilized.  He is a head case, and good luck to the team that overpays for his services if the roster is without a strong head coach and a KG to put a foot in his behind when he needs it.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

[QUOTE]BBD may have some personality problems on the team.  If he could play like he did early in the season, he'd be a big asset to the C's. I dont think Doc is too thrilled with having him back.. Dont know if its true, but some claimed BBD put on alot of weight towards end of season, that would be a very big negative imo. Hard to say where he winds up. Last time he tested the FA market, not too much interest. Coming off a real bad end of season & playoffs, rumors of personality problems and maybe trouble with weight... who knows what interest there may be. We could get him back again on the cheap but which direction is his game really going??  Hes proven he can be very valuable but now theres doubt...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

Actually I think Doc played with a little fire with some of his comments at the end of the season and sometimes with his comments during the season.  Big Baby, just wants a little love and respect.  Baby was a critical rotation guy and to some respect Doc would never say those kinds of things about the Big Three or Rondo in puiblic.  Big Baby "earned" his minutes and as soon as we got Jeff Green, Doc threw in well whoever is playing best will see minutes at the end of the game.  The Celts put on big fan fare for Rasheed, then Jermaine, and now Green, and through it all Big Baby has picked up the slack. 

The kid is only 25 and is growing up before our eyes; let Garnett or Jermaine go down for any extended minutes and WE HAVE BABY; let him go and you will see this whole board lighting up off the guys we have here who do not KNOW THE SYSTEM.   So he took a few shots he should have not taken, so what...  I did not see the organization bust a gasket when Rondo, was sulking over losing his best friend.

The Celts got bounced from the playoffs and losed the number one seed at the end of the season, becasue the whole team was in a funk ... and... they thought as veterans that they could turn it on when they needed to and ran into a HOT LEBRON JAMES in the fourth quarter.  

With the injuries that the team has suffered, locking up Big Baby for say $6.0MM over Five years, with the years four and five player options....   Pay the freaking luxury tax and perserve our sanity from the injury bug.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Actually I think Doc played with a little fire with some of his comments at the end of the season and sometimes with his comments during the season.  Big Baby, just wants a little love and respect.  Baby was a critical rotation guy and to some respect Doc would never say those kinds of things about the Big Three or Rondo in puiblic.  Big Baby "earned" his minutes and as soon as we got Jeff Green, Doc threw in well whoever is playing best will see minutes at the end of the game.  The Celts put on big fan fare for Rasheed, then Jermaine, and now Green, and through it all Big Baby has picked up the slack.  The kid is only 25 and is growing up before our eyes; let Garnett or Jermaine go down for any extended minutes and WE HAVE BABY; let him go and you will see this whole board lighting up off the guys we have here who do not KNOW THE SYSTEM.   So he took a few shots he should have not taken, so what...  I did not see the organization bust a gasket when Rondo, was sulking over losing his best friend. The Celts got bounced from the playoffs and losed the number one seed at the end of the season, becasue the whole team was in a funk ... and... they thought as veterans that they could turn it on when they needed to and ran into a HOT LEBRON JAMES in the fourth quarter.   With the injuries that the team has suffered, locking up Big Baby for say $6.0MM over Five years, with the years four and five player options....   Pay the freaking luxury tax and perserve our sanity from the injury bug.  
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

Very true, Doc is terrified to come down on any of the Big 4... but spoke freely criticizing BBD and Krystic publicly.    BBD was playing huge for us but I dont know if it was his ego that caved his game in... Maybe that injury he had..

Whatever it was, it must get tired for everyone of the team to watch Rondo et al make huge blunder after huge blunder, not hustle but never lose their minutes... yet Krystic mess up a little and get tongue lashed publicly  on the court and benched...   

BBD believes hes a star imo... didnt he call out Amare and later Lebron or whoever on the HEat, both during the playoffs??   GUys with big mouths like this need big game to back it up... BBD doesnt. .. not at the level of Amare etc..

Attitude, ego & food may be his biggest problem..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Actually I think Doc played with a little fire with some of his comments at the end of the season and sometimes with his comments during the season.  Big Baby, just wants a little love and respect.  Baby was a critical rotation guy and to some respect Doc would never say those kinds of things about the Big Three or Rondo in puiblic.  Big Baby "earned" his minutes and as soon as we got Jeff Green, Doc threw in well whoever is playing best will see minutes at the end of the game.  The Celts put on big fan fare for Rasheed, then Jermaine, and now Green, and through it all Big Baby has picked up the slack.  The kid is only 25 and is growing up before our eyes; let Garnett or Jermaine go down for any extended minutes and WE HAVE BABY; let him go and you will see this whole board lighting up off the guys we have here who do not KNOW THE SYSTEM.   So he took a few shots he should have not taken, so what...  I did not see the organization bust a gasket when Rondo, was sulking over losing his best friend. The Celts got bounced from the playoffs and losed the number one seed at the end of the season, becasue the whole team was in a funk ... and... they thought as veterans that they could turn it on when they needed to and ran into a HOT LEBRON JAMES in the fourth quarter.   With the injuries that the team has suffered, locking up Big Baby for say $6.0MM over Five years, with the years four and five player options....   Pay the freaking luxury tax and perserve our sanity from the injury bug.  
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]I certainly agree with much of what you say about Davis. He played with bad knees for much of the season and most people don't connect the dots but his performance declined after he aggravated the patella tendon in March and had to be rested for a period of time.

Doc right or wrong has decided tough love and exposing that in the media is the best way to deal with Davis. He doesn't do this with every player but Rondo and Davis are two that have been treated that way.

At any rate, there seems to be some level of discomfort on both sides of the relationship. But lot's of stuff is up in the air. Nobody knows what the new CBA will look like and what that means to Davis and/or the C's. The C's aren't exactly deep with bigs. Davis did not make a strong case for himself during the end of the season or the post season. His lack of height, excessive girth don't help projecting him out 4-5 seasons.

All that said, I can't stand when athletes talk about themselves in the third person.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]1. Glen is mad at Doc and probably for good reason.  2.  Glen improved a lot in the last 12 months.  3.  His knowledge of our defensive and offensive sets will not , I repeat will not be that easily replaced with the money we have.  3.  I agree that he is out of Boston but his situation was handled poorly by Doc.  4.  We will be lucky to assemble a bench as good as the one we already have with our assets.  Davis is a young man gowing up in front of our eyes and Doc may just be kicking him out at a time that he will be needed.  Glen and Perkins deserve our postive support because of what they did for us.  Both can be replaced with the right money but I do not think we have the $$$ to do it.  Draft picks will be delegated to the bench by Doc, and rightly so.  IF we want to make a run next year we should do as much as we can to retain Glen, Green, West and most of the bench.  We do not need a training camp that looks like a three ring circus if we want to try for 18, unlesss we bring in quailty vets for Doc.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

and there you have it.  we really do have doc ribbers to thank for the poor treatment of davis over the last 2 plus years.  doc has gone to the press more times over glen davis' "issues" than with ANY other player.  come to think of it, doc hasn't gone to the press with ANY other player's "issues"!  even though sheed showed up flabby and tried at around 24.7% total effort the whole regular season. 

davis had warts.  and other posters here have rightfully stated that davis is not "starting quality", and the longer he is out there the more he gets exposed, which is true to a lesser degree than the fact that he is not a "starter" on a elite team in the league.  but davis has done A LOT OF THINGS on this team, dirty work things, versatile things, hustle things, that will not easily be replaced in the modern NBA.

think paul silas with less rebounding ability, cowens with less scoring and rebouding, and you have davis, a guy who would do anything to win.  and you can take his talk about "glen davis being glen davis" and twist it all out of proportion but the simple fact is that this guy played WAY OVER his age level and WAY OVER his projected status in the league on an elite team.  And correct me if I'm wrong but he was still improving all of last year until late in the year.  We really do not know how much better he could get.  To assume that he has flat lined or peaked would be ignorant.

And in return for that unconditional effort, he got shat upon relentlessly by Doc Rivers.  ANY THING that davis did wrong or perceived wrong was subject to immediate anger from doc rivers while that standard did not hold for anyone else on the team.  how is that not a steaming pile of hypocrisy?

how long do you people think ANYONE can hang with a program like that?  i mean unless you are literally perfect, doc is going to be scowling at you and soon after cutting promo's the press about how he's almost had it with you.

this is why doc rivers shoudl not have been re-signed as a coach in boston.  partially becuase of his disastrous handling of davis, also his rotations this last year involving young people- wafer, daniels, delonte- never panned out into anythng good for us.  he took eons to integrate jeff green, a young player with skills who was willing to change his role.  from my viewpoint, green was just starting to hit a stride of consistency as soon as we got finished off by miami.  blame some of it on green, blame a lot of it on doc rivers if you want the truth of the matter.

and now we are entering a rebuilding phase, where YOUNG PEOPLE are going to be crucial and we have doc rivers, the guy who can't bring himself to 1) play or 2) relate to young people and doc's signed up for 5 more years.  good luck with that!  so far it's gotten you davis out the door and wafer could have contributed a LOT as ray allen grew typically exhausted and ineffective.  how can delonte end up with 3 field goal attempts in multiple playoff games when we are starved for offense?  ask doc rivers, who chose to play the one armed bandit rondo over delonte so much of the time.

we're on a shoe string budget and doc has to use the young people that he has.  yet he won't time and again.  and now he's actively repelling the key guy who held together the 5 spot during our most dominant stretch last year OUT THE DOOR.  brilliant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind' : I agree with you.  He appeared to gain a lot of weight towards the end of last season which really influenced his performance during the playoffs.   He ruined his own chances of obtaining a good contract since he gained so much weight. A couple of years ago when KG was injured he was a great help to the Celtics during the playoffs.  If he had stayed in shape last season, maybe he could been a great help during the playoffs.  This would also have helped him in obtaining offers from other teams. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

very astute observation.  do you think any of this had anything to do with teh patellar tendon injury?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and how about rondo's perpetual 56% free throw shooting skills?  why hasn't doc rivers cut a few vince mcmahon promo's to reporters about this?  a MUCH BIGGER problem for this team than anything glen davis can or can't do or has ever done

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maverick685. Show maverick685's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind' : yeah, if i was davis, i'd probably go play for anyone for any amount of money just to get away from rivers. if you fat hater @-hole "celts fans" just put down the stake you're nailing into the ground to tie davis to and burn him like a bunch of wussies, and just think for a minute how davis has been treated over the years.... BY DOC RIVERS, you might have a lot of answers for these quotes that you're all going ga-ga over. name me the other players on this team since 2008 who were ratted out, dimed out, run down the press like davis was BY DOC RIVERS?  there are none, JUST GLEN DAVIS.  what was worse? sheed signing for twice davis' money and showing up a fat mess who didn't try at all or davis' "mistake" when he defended himself after he was punched in the head?  in my mind, the entirety of the EIGHTY TWO GAME SHEED DISASTER was much much worse.  yet doc rivers said nothing.  but he had PLENTY to say about how he was "at the end of his rope" with davis.  BULLSH##TT!!!  classy franchises deal with disappointments like that with young players IN HOUSE, not in front of globe reporters. it's gotten no better with doc over the years either.  doc was busy selling davis out to the press again this last year.  but doc didn't sell ANYONE ELSE OUT, did he?  it's rank hypocrisy and incompetence by doc rivers that we have to thank for this kid who hustled his ASSE off and gave his all unconditionally to the team, is now got 9 out of 10 toes out the door.  you can call him fat, slow, stupid and short, but tell me WHO are the player(s) and at WHAT MONEY? are going to come in and replace what glen davis did? many of you so called "celtic fans" these days are too full of fat hating reality TV and not even competent enough at watching basketball to recognize a player who is good for a team who does a ton of off stat sheet things to help us win, and all you morons see is a fat guy you can take swings at in stupid posts like this. give me a break
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps Doc felt it was necessary to expose Glen to public criticism to counteract the absurdly big ego that Glen had developed (probably because of his early success)?  Another possibility is that Doc doesn't have to criticize a lot of the other players (PP, RA, KG, and yes, even Rondo) because they take responsibility.  PP takes responsibility (he owned up to his mistakes in the Miami series), RA is one of the most professional guys in the NBA, KG is harder on himself than anyone else could be, and Rondo owned up to his mistakes (admitted he was playing the worst of his career, that he needed to play better, and that he was not injured).  None of them made excuses.  Rondo didn't use his elbow as an excuse, nor his foot problems; how can Glen use his knee as an excuse?
    The facts are Glen choked, he wants too much money, he wants too big of a role, and he has too big of an ego without taking responsibility for his actions (Amare easy to guard?  really? where was he on that one?  If Amare didn't get hurt Baby would have been left curled in the fetal position crying himself to sleep).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis 'exercising his mind' : and there you have it.  we really do have doc ribbers to thank for the poor treatment of davis over the last 2 plus years.  doc has gone to the press more times over glen davis' "issues" than with ANY other player.  come to think of it, doc hasn't gone to the press with ANY other player's "issues"!  even though sheed showed up flabby and tried at around 24.7% total effort the whole regular season.  davis had warts.  and other posters here have rightfully stated that davis is not "starting quality", and the longer he is out there the more he gets exposed, which is true to a lesser degree than the fact that he is not a "starter" on a elite team in the league.  but davis has done A LOT OF THINGS on this team, dirty work things, versatile things, hustle things, that will not easily be replaced in the modern NBA. think paul silas with less rebounding ability, cowens with less scoring and rebouding, and you have davis, a guy who would do anything to win.  and you can take his talk about "glen davis being glen davis" and twist it all out of proportion but the simple fact is that this guy played WAY OVER his age level and WAY OVER his projected status in the league on an elite team.  And correct me if I'm wrong but he was still improving all of last year until late in the year.  We really do not know how much better he could get.  To assume that he has flat lined or peaked would be ignorant. And in return for that unconditional effort, he got shat upon relentlessly by Doc Rivers.  ANY THING that davis did wrong or perceived wrong was subject to immediate anger from doc rivers while that standard did not hold for anyone else on the team.  how is that not a steaming pile of hypocrisy? how long do you people think ANYONE can hang with a program like that?  i mean unless you are literally perfect, doc is going to be scowling at you and soon after cutting promo's the press about how he's almost had it with you. this is why doc rivers shoudl not have been re-signed as a coach in boston.  partially becuase of his disastrous handling of davis, also his rotations this last year involving young people- wafer, daniels, delonte- never panned out into anythng good for us.  he took eons to integrate jeff green, a young player with skills who was willing to change his role.  from my viewpoint, green was just starting to hit a stride of consistency as soon as we got finished off by miami.  blame some of it on green, blame a lot of it on doc rivers if you want the truth of the matter. and now we are entering a rebuilding phase, where YOUNG PEOPLE are going to be crucial and we have doc rivers, the guy who can't bring himself to 1) play or 2) relate to young people and doc's signed up for 5 more years.  good luck with that!  so far it's gotten you davis out the door and wafer could have contributed a LOT as ray allen grew typically exhausted and ineffective.  how can delonte end up with 3 field goal attempts in multiple playoff games when we are starved for offense?  ask doc rivers, who chose to play the one armed bandit rondo over delonte so much of the time. we're on a shoe string budget and doc has to use the young people that he has.  yet he won't time and again.  and now he's actively repelling the key guy who held together the 5 spot during our most dominant stretch last year OUT THE DOOR.  brilliant.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Paul Silas with less rebounding ability?  Dave Cowens?

Seriously.  You have to calm down.  Those two men were some of the most respected men in the NBA.  Men who were leaders.   Men who went on to become head coaches.  Men who were students of the game. Do you think Davis is a leader?  Why would you possibly mention him with Silas and Cowens?  I am so confused.  Seriously you have to pull yourself together around this issue.  You love BBD.  I get it.  But Silas and Cowens?  Wow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

By the way...you wrote four posts in a row.  Does writing the below seem normal to you?  You're freaking me out.

and there you have it.  we really do have doc ribbers to thank for the poor treatment of davis over the last 2 plus years.  doc has gone to the press more times over glen davis' "issues" than with ANY other player.  come to think of it, doc hasn't gone to the press with ANY other player's "issues"!  even though sheed showed up flabby and tried at around 24.7% total effort the whole regular season.  

davis had warts.  and other posters here have rightfully stated that davis is not "starting quality", and the longer he is out there the more he gets exposed, which is true to a lesser degree than the fact that he is not a "starter" on a elite team in the league.  but davis has done A LOT OF THINGS on this team, dirty work things, versatile things, hustle things, that will not easily be replaced in the modern NBA.

think paul silas with less rebounding ability, cowens with less scoring and rebouding, and you have davis, a guy who would do anything to win.  and you can take his talk about "glen davis being glen davis" and twist it all out of proportion but the simple fact is that this guy played WAY OVER his age level and WAY OVER his projected status in the league on an elite team.  And correct me if I'm wrong but he was still improving all of last year until late in the year.  We really do not know how much better he could get.  To assume that he has flat lined or peaked would be ignorant.

And in return for that unconditional effort, he got shat upon relentlessly by Doc Rivers.  ANY THING that davis did wrong or perceived wrong was subject to immediate anger from doc rivers while that standard did not hold for anyone else on the team.  how is that not a steaming pile of hypocrisy?

how long do you people think ANYONE can hang with a program like that?  i mean unless you are literally perfect, doc is going to be scowling at you and soon after cutting promo's the press about how he's almost had it with you.

this is why doc rivers shoudl not have been re-signed as a coach in boston.  partially becuase of his disastrous handling of davis, also his rotations this last year involving young people- wafer, daniels, delonte- never panned out into anythng good for us.  he took eons to integrate jeff green, a young player with skills who was willing to change his role.  from my viewpoint, green was just starting to hit a stride of consistency as soon as we got finished off by miami.  blame some of it on green, blame a lot of it on doc rivers if you want the truth of the matter.

and now we are entering a rebuilding phase, where YOUNG PEOPLE are going to be crucial and we have doc rivers, the guy who can't bring himself to 1) play or 2) relate to young people and doc's signed up for 5 more years.  good luck with that!  so far it's gotten you davis out the door and wafer could have contributed a LOT as ray allen grew typically exhausted and ineffective.  how can delonte end up with 3 field goal attempts in multiple playoff games when we are starved for offense?  ask doc rivers, who chose to play the one armed bandit rondo over delonte so much of the time. 

we're on a shoe string budget and doc has to use the young people that he has.  yet he won't time and again.  and now he's actively repelling the key guy who held together the 5 spot during our most dominant stretch last year OUT THE DOOR.  brilliant.

yeah, if i was davis, i'd probably go play for anyone for any amount of money just to get away from rivers.

if you fat hater @-hole "celts fans" just put down the stake you're nailing into the ground to tie davis to and burn him like a bunch of wussies, and just think for a minute how davis has been treated over the years.... BY DOC RIVERS, you might have a lot of answers for these quotes that you're all going ga-ga over.

name me the other players on this team since 2008 who were ratted out, dimed out, run down the press like davis was BY DOC RIVERS?  there are none, JUST GLEN DAVIS.  what was worse? sheed signing for twice davis' money and showing up a fat mess who didn't try at all or davis' "mistake" when he defended himself after he was punched in the head?  

in my mind, the entirety of the EIGHTY TWO GAME SHEED DISASTER was much much worse.  yet doc rivers said nothing.  but he had PLENTY to say about how he was "at the end of his rope" with davis.  BULLSH##TT!!!  classy franchises deal with disappointments like that with young players IN HOUSE, not in front of globe reporters.

it's gotten no better with doc over the years either.  doc was busy selling davis out to the press again this last year.  but doc didn't sell ANYONE ELSE OUT, did he?  

it's rank hypocrisy and incompetence by doc rivers that we have to thank for this kid who hustled his ASSE off and gave his all unconditionally to the team, is now got 9 out of 10 toes out the door.  

you can call him fat, slow, stupid and short, but tell me WHO are the player(s) and at WHAT MONEY? are going to come in and replace what glen davis did?

many of you so called "celtic fans" these days are too full of fat hating reality TV and not even competent enough at watching basketball to recognize a player who is good for a team who does a ton of off stat sheet things to help us win, and all you morons see is a fat guy you can take swings at in stupid posts like this.

give me a break

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=becebbc5cd98811f59fa035b978923b0&plckUserId=becebbc5cd98811f59fa035b978923b0">
    First: 3/7/2008
    Last: 6/21/2011
    and how about rondo's perpetual 56% free throw shooting skills?  why hasn't doc rivers cut a few vince mcmahon promo's to reporters about this?  a MUCH BIGGER problem for this team than anything glen davis can or can't do or has ever done

very astute observation.  do you think any of this had anything to do with teh patellar tendon injury?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenbeand. Show greenbeand's posts

could danny sign and trade baby.. whats his value 4yrs/18M?

Sections
Shortcuts