Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO...

A very good player, it's just a shame he won't shut up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO...

IMO, BBD should've been traded back in Feb. I was called crazy for wanting to trade our best bench player.

I think Ainge would like to package him in a deal but I'm not sure what JON & BBD deal could get you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO...:
    [QUOTE]IMO, BBD should've been traded back in Feb. I was called crazy for wanting to trade our best bench player. I think Ainge would like to package him in a deal but I'm not sure what JON & BBD deal could get you.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I thought that were better trading Glen Davis instead of Perkins.   Even if Perk had not been resigned this season, Glen didn't really contribute much during the playoffs anyway.  Perk would have contributed more than Glen did. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The sad truth is that the Celtics needs him or at least it would be very hard to find a decent replacement for his minutes.  Even Erden would be good insurance for some minutes at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Couldn't the C's do a S&T for BBD and add their $2.5M PTE for another vet worth $6-8M?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

would indiana take JON and BBD for danny granger? maybe throw a nice draft pick in there too?  yeah too far fetched.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]Couldn't the C's do a S&T for BBD and add their $2.5M PTE for another vet worth $6-8M?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    I think it is going to be very difficult to get a good vet from now on.  Our window or at least the appearance of it seems to be firmly shut, the Bulls, Miami, Dallas get first dips, I think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

BBD and Rondo for Tony Parker and Splitter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO... : I thought that were better trading Glen Davis instead of Perkins.   Even if Perk had not been resigned this season, Glen didn't really contribute much during the playoffs anyway.  Perk would have contributed more than Glen did. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Ainge wanted to make sure that Perk did not end up in Miami. Miami would've been all over Perk had he become a FA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO... : Ainge wanted to make sure that Perk did not end up in Miami. Miami would've been all over Perk had he become a FA.

I agree with you, but not sure they would have the cap space available to sign him.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO... : Ainge wanted to make sure that Perk did not end up in Miami. Miami would've been all over Perk had he become a FA.

You know it! What a poisonous pill THAT would be!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

2012 #1, BBD and JON for Granger??

That 2012 #1 is like gold for the C's. They could be a playoff team and have a high draft pick if the Clippers do what the Clippers do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]2012 #1, BBD and JON for Granger?? That 2012 #1 is like gold for the C's. They could be a playoff team and have a high draft pick if the Clippers do what the Clippers do.

Danny Granger is not even as good as Glen Rice in his prime, so why would we give ANY combo of players for him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO... : Danny Granger is not even as good as Glen Rice in his prime, so why would we give ANY combo of players for him?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

P.S.- He make Jeff Green look like a lock-down defender (and that's not good)
    Ah-ah-AH_CHOOOOOSUCKYDEFENSE! Excuse me!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Resign Davis, we are most likely not going to be able to replace him this year with as good or better player.  Doc has ran his mouth and Glen has shot back, so what, handle it and resign him and West and Green.  We can not afford to let these three get away unless we trade one of the big four and them for something of very good value.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I hope Keith Benson is acquired and gives us everything Glen did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO... : I think it is going to be very difficult to get a good vet from now on.  Our window or at least the appearance of it seems to be firmly shut, the Bulls, Miami, Dallas get first dips, I think.
    Posted by scubber[/QUOTE]

Sounds more like teams are trying to dump vet contracts for young/cheaper contracts before the new CBA takes effect. Expectations are for a rash of trades before, during and after the draft tonight as teams prepare for the worse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Davis won't get a better offer than the Celts can give him anyways

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Yeah, not wanting Glen back has absolutely nothing to do with his talent.
    If he is not getting along with Doc, he is not going to play his best for us.

Human nature!(Queue Michael Jackson)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

Guys...  Glen has talked for years and despite his recent playoff woes; the guy provides valuable minutes;

What people on this board is talking about naivety.  We ONLY have one more year with the Big Three and I do not want to go through half the season with two to three NEW BIGs not knowing Boston's complex defense system and risk not getting along with KG, Ray, and Paul. 

JON and even KG are more fragile than not and if something happens we have no continuity.  ALL HANDS have to be on deck for another BANNER. We do not have time to dilly dally with a boat load of new BIGs. 

The Celtics do not have that much financial flexibilty.   I love guys like Carl Landry, but they are not going to play the Four and Five like BBD. 

We have to accept the fact that BBD is just a young who still has not come to grips that he is not going to be a perennial All-Star...  that happen with young people.  But the guy has been solid for us on the floor in a lot of BIG MOMENTS...  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Have him test the market.  Find out there isn't one, then re-sign him.

Now, don't shoot me, but I want to say this:
    to give old Glen some competition, we should.................drum roll please - re-sign Troy Murphy.
    I think he hasn't really played in 2 years, would come cheap, would like a chance at another big contract, and would push Davis right to the bench.  He WAS a banger, if we remember!
    West, Wafer, Green, Davis, Murphy

Make MLE offers to DeAndre Jordan, which will be matched or Jamal Crawford, which won't be.

See if Aaron Gray will come to us for LLE (if we still have one)  That's like 100% increase on this years salary.

Any way we can pry Erden back from CLE, we have a couple of trade exceptions we could offer them?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Acie will be along any second now...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RM094. Show RM094's posts

Could Greg Oden Be the Answer for the Celtics?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Baby is irreplacable. His combination of post moves, jumps shot, rebounding and freakish athleticsim would be a major blow to the Celtics.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Marc Acres isn't walking through that door.........