Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO...

In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO...:
    [QUOTE]Acie will be along any second now...
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

nope, can't even take it any more. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i love most of all the fluffy comparisons of davis to perkins.  they BOTH STUNK in the playoffs- in case you didn't notice.  so it would have been great to have perkins around, huh?  he did NOTHING for the OKC except give them heartburn over the 30m they drained into perk's bank account for a cement footed, porcelain handed clod.

but it all would have been better if we had perk but didn't have davis this last playoff run.  sure!  yep!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO... : nope, can't even take it any more. 
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

this team can't afford to make any big moves.  danny dumassed us into TWO YEARS of jerlame at the MLE.  the best we could do for is hope that the 6-10 splinter kid can get on HGH and gain 50 pounds and hope that we can re-sign davis for cheap.  ain't nobody better out there walking through that door for under $5M like davis most likely will.

learn to live with it, dolts of the board.  we are NOT getting deandre jordan for a plate full of used coffeee grounds, a conditional third round pick and a smile from danny.  we have very very few moves we could make.

among the ones that i can think of that could be substantial are to pad up rondo's offensive game early next season and TRADE HIM FAST to some sucker team who wants a head case point guard, but package it as the "unbridled potential" that we've been hearing about for five full years. 

and if you were a short distance away from a difference maker coming back in return, then throw davis in, so long as you get a PG and a BIG that has any hope of doing the things davis has done for this team.  oh, and find someone that dokprik rivers can get along with.  we need the whipping boy to the the 13th man on the bench, not the 6th man- note to dannydumdums

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO... : this team can't afford to make any big moves.  danny dumassed us into TWO YEARS of jerlame at the MLE.  the best we could do for is hope that the 6-10 splinter kid can get on HGH and gain 50 pounds and hope that we can re-sign davis for cheap.  ain't nobody better out there walking through that door for under $5M like davis most likely will. learn to live with it, dolts of the board.  we are NOT getting deandre jordan for a plate full of used coffeee grounds, a conditional third round pick and a smile from danny.  we have very very few moves we could make. among the ones that i can think of that could be substantial are to pad up rondo's offensive game early next season and TRADE HIM FAST to some sucker team who wants a head case point guard, but package it as the "unbridled potential" that we've been hearing about for five full years.  and if you were a short distance away from a difference maker coming back in return, then throw davis in, so long as you get a PG and a BIG that has any hope of doing the things davis has done for this team.  oh, and find someone that dokprik rivers can get along with.  we need the whipping boy to the the 13th man on the bench, not the 6th man- note to dannydumdums
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Rondo and Davis for Nash and Lopez!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Back to Davis - I think he's done.  I think we can do better, and I think we have already done better.  Johnson seeminly has a higher skill set as a rookie than Baby did.  He is also taller and more athletic.  There are several ways to go, however. 1.  IF we see JJJ as the heir apparent to KG, then Baby is done here, as he is not a center.  And we need to sign a center. 2.  IF JJJ is going to play any Center (or slide KG over), then Baby has a role here, albeit limited. 3.  I can see Green playing "4" and JJJ "5" at certain times. I think Baby is going to "Tony Allen" us.  Another player who has over valued his talents.  If another team wants to over pay for him - go for it............we need to give him a one-year deal if there is no market for him, to keep our cap space.  If he walks, he walks.  Whatever team he signs with, we should TRY to get a sign and trade (if they still have those). If I was a "betting" person, I would bet he stays one more year, at our price.  I don't have a problem with that, but I don't have a problem with him leaving, either.  Just DO NOT give him a long term deal!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Maybe, just MAYBE in 3 or 4 years, Johnson will give us what BBD gives us now.  But, for the first year - no way.

As for Tony Allen, I'll go on record and say it again - he was a bigger loss than Perk was.  Perk was one dimensional and that dimension wasn't the best.  Tony Allen brought more and his defense against Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and players like that was tremendous.  He did it to Manu and to Westbrook, as well.  The guy isn't an all star, but he was what we needed.  Like Posey, you need those kind of "dirty work" players who played great D, gave you great hustle, AND made a few baskets every now and then.

Don't under estimate BBD nor Tony Allen (nor what Posey gave us).   Every time we (Celtics management and Celts fans) say "yea, let him go.  Someone else can have him"......we feel the pain the next year when we are trying to teach some new person the defense and the offense and hope that they deliver.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]Meanwhile, why don't you tell us who might give D West a Big Contract once the lock-out is over. Give us some names of teams not over the cap that can provide more than the existing MLE (should that survive the new CBA) and a shot at the Championship. If it is just $ he wants to be a "big winner" then he does have his options. And what if the season doesn't start until Jan 2012? Do FA's like West sign with the best vet team for the shortened season hoping to win or do they sign for the big $ long term right away? CRICKETS as usual ... NADA .... ZIP .... LOST YOUR MOUTHPIECES?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Pretending to expect someone to reply when you already know he's already asleep? The sneak attack by the wingnut. LOL

Did you know they're already calling you the wingnut?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Mployee8

Since you already declined Fierce's challenge how about I offer you a bet, I say David West does not go to the Celtics. How about it?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]Meanwhile: Still no response ... No surprise here, the guy with the big mouth and all the phoney straw man arguments fails to respond for the third time to a point he was harping on .... again I say fraud! Why don't you tell us who might give D West a Big Contract once the lock-out is over. Give us some names of teams not over the cap that can provide more than the existing MLE (should that survive the new CBA) and a shot at the Championship. If it is just $ he wants to be a "big winner" then he does have his options. And what if the season doesn't start until Jan 2012? Do FA's like West sign with the best vet team for the shortened season hoping to win or do they sign for the big $ long term right away? CRICKETS as usual ... NADA .... ZIP .... LOST YOUR MOUTHPIECES? And if he's sleeping cloneheads, let him respond in the morning instead of filling in for him with your usual "drivel" .....
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Man, you can really rant with the best of them. You my friend are the Lindsay Lohan of this board. LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTruthsays. Show TheTruthsays's posts

Big question about Davis.

He's given us lots in the past few years. The question is, what happened to him in the final months of the season and playoffs? He was crap. What makes this even more important is Davis was becoming a FA, when most players try to have their career year. Instead, he stunk. Rumors of getting fat and attitude problems.

Whatever it is, knowing he dropped the ball when it counted most (payoffs and FA) and over an extended period of time has to put a cloud over his value.

IF he has a weight issue that he couldnt control in his FA season, then Id suggest hes got real problems

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'm going to say something unpopular here - I think Troy Murphy can give us more than Davis this year.  The guy was a double double his whole career.  He hurt his back in pre-season last year.......it's like he hasn't played in 2 years.  Give him the vet min, a full camp, come in for KG, (JJJ can be 3rd PF, and sub at center).  I think the guy deserves another shot - hey TMAC got one.  Murphy is only 31.  At least see if he has anything left in the tank!!  What could it hurt for the min, we wasted it on Shaq last year - he can give us more than THAT!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I'm going to say something unpopular here - I think Troy Murphy can give us more than Davis this year.  The guy was a double double his whole career.  He hurt his back in pre-season last year.......it's like he hasn't played in 2 years.  Give him the vet min, a full camp, come in for KG, (JJJ can be 3rd PF, and sub at center).  I think the guy deserves another shot - hey TMAC got one.  Murphy is only 31.  At least see if he has anything left in the tank!!  What could it hurt for the min, we wasted it on Shaq last year - he can give us more than THAT!!

Actually, you may have some people who think this is not an unpopular statement.  Some people here agree with you.   While I respect their opinions, I'm NOT a person who thinks Murphy can deliver ANYTHING.  This guy is washed up and you're right - its like he hasn't played in 2 years......but not because of injury.  Its because he's  washed up has been.  He's SLOW and can't play D.  Can't block a shot.  Can't move fast enough to guard anyone and is not particularly strong.   Now, that's counter balanced by his true value - he could shoot.  But, he's now lost his ability to shoot.  So, what good is he????  HOPE he will one day do what he USED to do?   I'd rather put hope in a younger still developing player vs a old has been.

He was never really good (he was OK) and now that he's gotten older and slower, young guys are running all over him.  That happens to everyone but to him more than others.  in Jersey and in Boston - his performance STUNK so I just don't think we want to hang any hopes on a has been who played so horrible ALL of last year.

Sorry, but I keep asking the question:  What is it that you see in the current Murphy?   He value was 3 years ago and over the last few years, has declined STEADILY.  A Nets cast off is NOT going to be a Celtics savior!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

pls excuse my typos.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO... : Actually, you may have some people who think this is not an unpopular statement.  Some people here agree with you.   While I respect their opinions, I'm NOT a person who thinks Murphy can deliver ANYTHING.  This guy is washed up and you're right - its like he hasn't played in 2 years......but not because of injury.  Its because he's  washed up has been.  He's SLOW and can't play D.  Can't block a shot.  Can't move fast enough to guard anyone and is not particularly strong.   Now, that's counter balanced by his true value - he could shoot.  But, he's now lost his ability to shoot.  So, what good is he????  HOPE he will one day do what he USED to do?   I'd rather put hope in a younger still developing player vs a old has been. He was never really good (he was OK) and now that he's gotten older and slower, young guys are running all over him.  That happens to everyone but to him more than others.  in Jersey and in Boston - his performance STUNK so I just don't think we want to hang any hopes on a has been who played so horrible ALL of last year. Sorry, but I keep asking the question:  What is it that you see in the current Murphy?   He value was 3 years ago and over the last few years, has declined STEADILY.  A Nets cast off is NOT going to be a Celtics savior!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Where did I say he would be a savior?  I said, he can give us what Baby gave us in points and rebounds.  He is bigger and tougher.  For one year, on the cheap, until JJJ develops.  Davis will want mult-year, while Murph will probably take vet min for one year.  It's a good fit.  And I'll say again, how can he give us LESS than Shaq did last year, at the same price?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO... : Ainge wanted to make sure that Perk did not end up in Miami. Miami would've been all over Perk had he become a FA.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Miami has NO CAP space to sign a high priced free agent.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis has worn out his welcome IMO... : Where did I say he would be a savior?  I said, he can give us what Baby gave us in points and rebounds.  He is bigger and tougher.  For one year, on the cheap, until JJJ develops.  Davis will want mult-year, while Murph will probably take vet min for one year.  It's a good fit.  And I'll say again, how can he give us LESS than Shaq did last year, at the same price?

Stop trying to pick a fight.  I didn't accuse you of saying he would be a savior.  Those were my words not yours.

However, Murphy is bigger, but definitely NOT tougher.  Davis is MUCH tougher and stronger than Murphy.  Also, Davis is more athletic.  Davis delivers more rebounds, more offensive fouls taken, more defense, etc.  AND.....Davis can move his feet to play D.   

Agreed - Davis would be more expensive.  But, I'm more concerned about winning than I am about 2, 3, or 4 million.  

Also, Shaq gave us a LOT.  Many of the wins early in the season were greatly helped by Shaq.  Murphy can never compare to him.  Murphy would, in my opinion, be a waste of time.   I would love to get someone on the cheap.  But, its more important to be EFFECTIVE than to be just cheap.  

I understand your views/opinion.  I hope you understand mine.  I just see no evidence that Murphy can deliver anything of value based on his last few years of performance.   He's just not worth the risk, in my opinion.  Let's agree to disagree.

25. This post has been removed.