Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver Revisited

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver Revisited

Glen Davis - 29.4 mpg 11.6 ppg 5.3 rpg 44.8% FG
    Anthony Tolliver - 19.0 mpg 6.0 ppg 4.4 rpg 42.5% FG

Looks like Mployee8 will not be posting from the end of this season until the start of the 2011-12 season. LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver Revisited

Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

posted at 10/1/2010 2:41 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 3/5/2011
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver:
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : That's why I said Davis is the better player. I never said anything about Glen Davis getting more points and rebounds than Tolliver. I agree, if Tolliver were on the Celtics he would be a 3rd string PF. 
    Posted by P34

BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver Revisited:
    [QUOTE]For the record I said that given the same minutes played that Tollivers numbers would be comparable to BBD's and he'd prove to be an adequate replacement should BBD be traded and for less $ ... I stand by my bet and still think BBD is gone this summer in a S&T ... Green or Davis at PF ... easy decision! Tolliver numbers based on 28.5 mins per game: PPG 9 RPG 6.6 APG 1.65 SPG .75 BPG .6 FG% .425 FT% .802 3P% .416 Davis numbers based on 29 mins per game: PPG 11.6 RPG  5.3 APG  1.2 SPG  1.0 BPG  0.4 FG% .448 FT% .750 3P% .091 Still too early to call and Davis's numbers have fallen off recently so we will see at year end - Davis up 2.6 pts but in Fierce's must category Tolliver leads in rebounds by 1.3 (if converted these rebounds = 2.6 pts)
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Come on, man! I can't believe you are wishing BBD to fail and play poorly in the remaining 22 games of the season. Why on Earth would you hope for Glen Davis' numbers to fall off if you're a Celtic fan? Yell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

You should be ashamed of yourself, Mr. Mployee8! This season Glen Davis is a 6th man of the year candidate while Anthony Tolliver is just a 3rd string PF for the Wolves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

[QUOTE]For the record I said that given the same minutes played that Tollivers numbers would be comparable to BBD's and he'd prove to be an adequate replacement should BBD be traded and for less $ ... I stand by my bet and still think BBD is gone this summer in a S&T ... Green or Davis at PF ... easy decision! Tolliver numbers based on 28.5 mins per game: PPG 9 RPG 6.6 APG 1.65 SPG .75 BPG .6 FG% .425 FT% .802 3P% .416 Davis numbers based on 29 mins per game: PPG 11.6 RPG  5.3 APG  1.2 SPG  1.0 BPG  0.4 FG% .448 FT% .750 3P% .091 Still too early to call and Davis's numbers have fallen off recently so we will see at year end - Davis up 2.6 pts but in Fierce's must category Tolliver leads in rebounds by 1.3 (if converted these rebounds = 2.6 pts)

You are a fool! Every knowledgeable NBA fan knows that "The Great Big Baby" is way, wayyyyyyyyy better than Anthony Tolliver!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

You do know that Hot rod and Baby are both Doink the clown, AKA P34. I guess he had one to many and can't figure out who he really is!! What a funny little clown, i almost feel sorry for Doink!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver Revisited :  You do know that Hot rod and Baby are both Doink the clown, AKA P34. I guess he had one to many and can't figure out who he really is!! What a funny little clown, i almost feel sorry for Doink!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Are you recruiting again?

HAHAHA!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver Revisited : Are you recruiting again? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Tell Dink, OneOnOne, to quit talking about me if he's going to keep me on ignore!!

Or i just may make a visit down to Texas and whip up on his old A.SS, and Bradley is not bald!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver Revisited :  Tell Dink, OneOnOne, to quit talking about me if he's going to keep me on ignore!!  Or i just may make a visit down to Texas and whip up on his old A.SS, and Bradley is not bald!!!  

bald  (bôld)
    adj. bald·erbald·est
    1. Lacking hair on the head.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

kyceltic, did you know that you're the BIGGEST HYPOCRITE ON THIS BOARD?

HAHAHA!!!

"If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute."

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 1/19/2011

If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute. Granger is a very good player. We just missed out on him in the Draft, the Pacers took him just in front of us, and we were left with Gerald Green. I have to admit at the time i liked it.

We've had a couple disagreements, i don't take it personal,i hope you don't.
     Being from Belgium, i'm going to call you a super Celtic fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

What happened to that not posting anymore statement you made if Ainge traded Perk!!  Another Doink the clown fabrication!!!  Everyones laughing at your clownish behavior!!!  Trying to deflect attention from your self won't work!!  You have been exposed for the clown that you are!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Read all about it, brain dead fan can not recognize the contributions of Glen Big Baby Davis to the Celts this year and he thinks playing for the Wolves is the same situation as playing for the Celts who GET THE BEST EFFORTS FORM TEAMS evey night, what a  Fan, glad to have you.  AS Tommy would say , give me a break""""

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] What happened to that not posting anymore statement you made if Ainge traded Perk!!  Another Doink the clown fabrication!!!  Everyones laughing at your clownish behavior!!!  Trying to deflect attention from your self won't work!!  You have been exposed for the clown that you are!!

Hey, Jeff Green is wearing #8 for the Celts, not Antoine Walker.

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I can't believe a consensus candidate for 6th man of the year is being compared with tolliver, who can't get off the bench much in Minny, one of the darkest basement teams in the league.

Only a very small mind would think that you can plug and play scrubbs from a lousy team like Minn into an important role such as the one succesfully occupied by Davis and/or measure them both on stats per minute mixed up with blather.

It's obvious to any rational thinking person that Davis is an important player in the league; a unique force, if you will, and tolliver is nowhere near that.  he threw out some offensive numbers in the no-defense based GS team last year and hasn't gotten off the pine in MN.  Y A W N

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver Revisited : Hey, Jeff Green is wearing #8 for the Celts, not Antoine Walker. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

The next great #8!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Tonight Tolliver played 18 mins and ended up with 3 points and 0 rebounds. 18 games to go for the Wolves. Maybe Tolliver will get 20-10 in each of the 18 games remaining?

HAHAHA!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

[QUOTE]It's a statistical bet and has nothing to do with which player is better ... and of course I don't hope BBD fails but I won't miss him either once he's gone. If Fierce loses the statistical bet he isn't gonna stop posting anyway ... he'll just put on one of his other tools (hot rod, baby, connecting rod, doink,fierce, etc) and we'll all know who he is anyway .... BTW, MnG and AC are lemmings too ... like P34 reaching into his pants and pulling out one of his many tools to feed the urinal.

The Wolves will only play 18 more games and it looks like Tolliver will not catch BBD in the stat sheet. Thus, you will likely lose the bet. My question is, will you continue to post even if you lose the bet?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I am done now ... the C's are set for the playoffs and I was just revisiting for the trade/buyout session. Danny did yomen's work and the C's will be exciting no matter the outcome (though I expect them to bring home #18 against either SA or the Mavs) and have added some youth that will extend the core's careers and help in the transition that follows ... adios!

ADIOS!!!

HAHAHA!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

I agree that in theory per minute comparison works, but did you ever think there's a reason tolliver is playing fewer minutes? in any case, a player who is only out there for short bursts can run harder, not worry about his fouls, etc.

however, the most spurious part of your comparison is that 1.3 rebounds = 2.6 points. to do this requires 100% offensive efficiency (i.e. 2 points per possession). the league average is about half that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

[QUOTE]Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver Revisited : So P34 etc, etc, etc .... you didn't have a bet but have backed down from your own statement/promise like the true loser you are ... so why should I honor my bet with you since you shouldn't even be here now? You have proven yourself to be a liar, still posting here and asking me to cease at season's end?  HAHAHA!!!   YOU "DOINK!"

That's crab mentality right there. You lost the bet so you also want him off this board. You're pathetic, man!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver Revisited : I agree that in theory per minute comparison works, but did you ever think there's a reason tolliver is playing fewer minutes? in any case, a player who is only out there for short bursts can run harder, not worry about his fouls, etc. however, the most spurious part of your comparison is that 1.3 rebounds = 2.6 points. to do this requires 100% offensive efficiency (i.e. 2 points per possession). the league average is about half that.
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

You got that right! 

spurious
    1. Lacking authenticity or validity in essence or origin; not genuine; false.

1.3 rebounds will never equal 2.6 points. What a fraud that Big Baby hater Mployee8.