Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

I think Glen Davis is better. Unfortunately not everyone on this board agrees with me. What do you guys think?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

Anthony Tolliver will play his first game for the Wolves on Oct. 4 against the Lakers at the O2 arena in London. Cool

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Tolliver is clearly top notch material.  He was cut loose for 44 games in that tight rope disciplined nelly system and effortlessly threw down 12 and 7.  ANYONE who can get the rock away from Montae Ellise long enough to average double digits points should just be unanimous all-nba to begin with.  so right there he's already better than dumbo davis. 

The "Warriorettes" won TWENTY SIX games last year and that makes Tolly's numbers all that much more impressive- he ONLY had to play offense in that system so he was REALLY nervous about missing his shots on his way to those 12 pts.  too many misses in nelly's system and you get your fanny stuck back on the pine!

Tolliver, hands down, is clearly the superior player.  This will be etched in stone this year as Tolliver plays on another 25 win team and somehow pulls himself up by the bootstraps, despite all the pressures, and manages to score 10 a game. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : it's all about the stats ... Fierce thinks BBD will have better #'s at the end of the season and I don't see anyway that happens dispite the outcome of the two teams' season records.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Making things up again? I never said anything about Glen Davis having better stats. I said the better player, not the player with more points or rebounds. It's you that keeps bringing up all these links with stats.

Re: Big baby complains about role

posted at 9/30/2010 12:51 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 10/1/2010
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role:
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : For a Celtic fan you sure sound like GreenKiller.  I'm glad that you said on record that Anthony Tolliver will be a better player than Glen Davis this season. That way we can look back and see if you're right or wrong.  By the way, has Josh Boone got an invite from other teams already? 
    Posted by P34

Aside from your mouth, what's your measuring stick .... some obscure measurement of energy, determination and facial expressions like BTU's or real stats?

Adjusted for mpg it will be close but Toll has a much higher Eff ... Loser agrees to stop posting from the close of the season in 2011 till the 1st regular season game next October ... Good Luck!

www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/">http://www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/

www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/">http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/

Note: This will be based on regular season stats as determined by NBA.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : it's all about the stats ... Fierce thinks BBD will have better #'s at the end of the season and I don't see anyway that happens dispite the outcome of the two teams' season records.

power forwards' stats on 25 win teams don't matter compared to the same countepart on a contending team.  that is why this new stat happy era is so much garbage.  it's all about fantasy teams, and nothing about telling the true merit of a player that is measured by intangibles and TEAM stats, most importantly W-L.

maybe there is some actuarial nerd out there who could take tolliver's 12 and 7 and enter it into some complex formula and scale it down to what he would likely be on the celts as a 2nd or 3rd string 4.

if these stats were truly advanced, they would consider such things.  :-O

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : power forwards' stats on 25 win teams don't matter compared to the same countepart on a contending team.  that is why this new stat happy era is so much garbage.  it's all about fantasy teams, and nothing about telling the true merit of a player that is measured by intangibles and TEAM stats, most importantly W-L. maybe there is some actuarial nerd out there who could take tolliver's 12 and 7 and enter it into some complex formula and scale it down to what he would likely be on the celts as a 2nd or 3rd string 4. if these stats were truly advanced, they would consider such things.  :-O
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

That's why I said Davis is the better player. I never said anything about Glen Davis getting more points and rebounds than Tolliver.

I agree, if Tolliver were on the Celtics he would be a 3rd string PF. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!

In case you didn't know Shaq and BBD are on the 2nd unit while Harangody and Erden are with the 3rd team. Now there's the real you coming out of the closet. Everybody here knows that for 3 days of camp Shaq and Baby are with the 2nd unit along with West, Daniels, and Robinson. 

It's pretty obvious now that you simply hate Glen Davis. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : Oh, I never said that ... typical Fierce, LOL! You asked if I thought Tolliver would be better and I said Yup based on a comparison of Stats .... you said, great I got you on record and we'll see what happens end of year. Now your changing your printed word??? Your a phoney! You never claimed BBD would be better on any other basis ... that's why I asked you if you were gonna use some proprietory measuring stick like BTU's to determine who had more energy, heart or other intangibles to make them more valuable than the other player. We agreed to use the NBA.COM stats for the regular season ... remember? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/477155-nba-2010-preview-5-reasons-the-boston-celtics-glen-davis-should-stop-whining#page/1

If Tolliver gets more points and rebounds because he plays more minutes then that's not a fair comparison. 

Tolliver averaged 12.3 ppg and 7.3 rpg because he played an average of 32.3 minutes per game. Davis on the other hand only averaged 17.3 minutes per game but still managed to average 6.3 ppg and 3.8 rpg. If you do the math then they're basically even. The problem is the Warriors averaged 108.8 ppg while the Celtics only scored 99.2 on average. 

Do you really think Tolliver could get 12 ppg in Rambis' triangle offense? That's why I'm so confident that Davis will be better than Tolliver this year, there will be no Don Nelson for Tolliver this season.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]That's only one game ... besides, he could still have 12 pts and 8 rebounds. Bwahahaha! CRYBABY

And a post like that is not childish? Bwahaha? 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : PF depth /> KG, JON, GD, LH C depth /> JON, SO, KP, GD OK he's more like 3.5 than 4 ... my apologies

In training camp it's JO/Shaq and KG/Davis. Why can't you accept reality, are you in denial or something?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : I already said that ... prorated for time played they are pretty equal on paper. I stated my case and took Tolliver based on team opponents and level of play. So there you have it ... you still think BBD's numbers will be better ... a few games against the fakers doesn't make the season ... watch and learn.

Tolliver is not going to get 30 minutes per game in Minny. Watch and learn.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : PF depth /> KG, JON, GD, LH C depth /> JON, SO, KP, GD OK he's more like 3.5 than 4 ... my apologies

depth?  what does that mean?  neither shaq nor JON can be played for more than 20 minutes a game on a regular basis or NEITHER will have doodly squat left when it's nut cupping time starting in game 83.  so i have NO comprehension how JON can be the #1 center and the #2 PF- that would imply him playing an awful lot of mins- no?

soooooo, "depth" as it pertains to ACTUAL playing time with a 20 min bogey on shak and JON would seem to be......

4: kg / davis / JON situational duty

5: shaq/JON interchangable / davis situational duty / perkins

perkins coming off of this injury is a sort of wild card.  almost guaranteed to be wildly diminished in mobility- and in addition to that, both shak and JON have better 5 skills than perk and a slower more cumbersome <gulp! /> perk is NOT going to be as good a player as davis at the 5.  sorry, he just can't be.  but i guess you could argue that back and forth all day until perkins comes back. 

i am pretty confident that i am right that it's a near impossibility that this injury, that has ended many a big man career will not result in perkins being noticably slower (just envision him dragging himself around even more when trying to set picks- TWEET, offensive foul!- even more than before.  and so on.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : depth?  what does that mean?  neither shaq nor JON can be played for more than 20 minutes a game on a regular basis or NEITHER will have doodly squat left when it's nut cupping time starting in game 83.  so i have NO comprehension how JON can be the #1 center and the #2 PF- that would imply him playing an awful lot of mins- no? soooooo, "depth" as it pertains to ACTUAL playing time with a 20 min bogey on shak and JON would seem to be...... 4: kg / davis / JON situational duty 5: shaq/JON interchangable / davis situational duty / perkins perkins coming off of this injury is a sort of wild card.  almost guaranteed to be wildly diminished in mobility- and in addition to that, both shak and JON have better 5 skills than perk and a slower more cumbersome <gulp! /> perk is NOT going to be as good a player as davis at the 5.  sorry, he just can't be.  but i guess you could argue that back and forth all day until perkins comes back.  i am pretty confident that i am right that it's a near impossibility that this injury, that has ended many a big man career will not result in perkins being noticably slower (just envision him dragging himself around even more when trying to set picks- TWEET, offensive foul!- even more than before.  and so on.)
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Mployee8, is aciemvp Fierce too? I mean, almost all the people here don't agree that JO is KG's backup. 

Such is life. Cool

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : Almost all the people ... two?  Nobody can be certain that there will be one defacto backup to KG that's why there isn't much support one way or the other especially after Doc's comment about time on the bench. Wait for the games to begin ... let's see who get's more time at PF, JON or BBD. With Shaq it's quite possible that both JON and BBD split their playing time at both positions. If BBD gets 15 mins/game then he may play 7-8 mins at each position. Same with JON ... if he splits 30 mins/game at both positions he could see 20 at C and 10 at PF in which case he'd be getting more time at PF than BBD.

You pretending to be blind? In Rondowski thread, where he said you're not funny, no, he also said KG will be backed up by Davis, no. Why don't you ask B&C, mem17, Mich, and the rest of the frequent posters here who backs up KG. 

Once again you will not admit you're wrong because even if you're wrong you're still right, right?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Seriously Mployee8, you would rather see Glen Davis not play well just so that you will win your bet? I mean, don't you think it's more important that Davis plays well and the Celtics win more games because he brings hustle and energy off the bench? 

You said you're a Celtic fan but you're hoping that Davis fails. It's pretty obvious that you're not a team player because from what you're saying you'd rather win your bet than enjoy Glen Davis and the Celtics win games. Pathetic!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : I don't think he can play much better than he already has ...he may not even be here next year. He can play his best and the C's do well but that doesn't preclude Tolliver from doing better than him, right? So if BB is BB and Tolliver is better I don't support the C's? .... that's a pathetic analogy but par for the course for you, a guy that said Chamberlain stunk. That's Pathetic!

You're a liar! I never said Chamberlain stunk! Post it here if you can find it. 

Why should we believe you when until now Rudy Fernandez is still with Portland. Josh Boone wasn't invited to the Celtics training camp. And Tony Gaffney was just let go. So much for your NBDL affiliate crap. 

Sections
Shortcuts