Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver:
    [QUOTE]Preseason stats anyone? Everyone is high as a kite over BBD's great preseason but look! All of a sudden Tolliver got the knod and more playing time and his stats are not that bad for a guy making about 2/3's the $ as BBD. His shortcoming to BBD's points are made up in rebounding (Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-2011) and he added a 3-pt shot as well. Who knows, by the end of the season he could have comparable stats after all of not better ... time will tell ... but my guess is he'd have held his own as a decent replacement for BBD if it had come to that. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I underestimated you, you're dumber than I thought. Since when did salary become a determining factor on who's the better player? I think you're just a sore loser trying to save face because you thought Tolliver is better than BBD.

Let's get to the numbers. The Celtics are averaging 43.4 rpg in preseason. The Wolves are getting 47.4 rpg. If you do the math it's only natural that the Wolves players get more rebounds because as a team they have a higher per game average.

Didn't it occur to you that maybe BBD is scoring more because his shooting is more accurate? BBD's 49% compared to Tolliver's 42.9% is already an indication that BBD is more efficient on offense. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : Thanks ... that was exactly my point in the original bet. Looking at the "Per 36 Mins" they are just about equal. It's almost impossible to say "whose the better player" if you compare stats. Evaluation based on team and competition may tell you that Davis is better but unless Tolliver played here you could really never know. And again, the whole point was that he could be an adequate replacement for Davis were Davis to be traded at the time based on available free agents. Who by the way would you have recommended under the circumstances? Your putting up a lame excuse when you had no alternate under the circumstances. So forget the BS and all the excuses about teams and competition and live with the YE 2011 results. What, are ya chicken?

You flip-flopping? Right now Davis is clearly the better player. 

Oh, I'm watching the Wolves at Bucks game by the way. I'll tell you all about it after the game is over. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Mployee8, you're not even man enough to admit that in preseason Glen Davis is better than Anthony Tolliver. Man up!

What are ya, chicken?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Preseason doesn't count ... check the stats per min at year end then get back to me ... later!

The game went into OT and Tolliver played the whole OT period. He ended up with 9 pts and 5 rebs in 28 minutes of action. 

HAHAHA!!!

FINAL PRESEASON STATS

Tolliver 43.7% fg 8.6 ppg 5.6 rpg
    Davis 49.0% fg 12.0 ppg 4.4 rpg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think it's safe to say that at this point Davis is better than Tolliver. Don't you agree, Mployee8?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : At this point but but preseason doesn't count and besides, don't you think it's somewhat of an embarrassment on you that the guy you're poking fun at is only in his 2nd year (?) as an NBA player and the guy you're so proud of has been in the NBA for 3 years on a championship team and the best you can say is his shooting % is higher. So now the C's need Davis to be a scorer? I thought "The Key to the 2010-2011 Season" was rebounds???? Secondly, as you are convinced that JON's sore hammy is keeping him from the starting center spot (guess Wade won't be starting for Miami eitherthis season)then I guess you'd say there was no sense playing him at PF (his natural position) especially with a torn wrist cartilage? So this means he won't play PF the entire regular season ... preseason has established the entire regular season? So again Fierce, according to you, we will not see JON play PF once during the regular season? Right?

You're looking like an idiot. You say that Tolliver is only a 2nd year player, so why do you think he will be better than Glen Davis? I know for a fact that Tolliver has no playoff experience that's why I'm convinced that he's nowhere near Glen Davis' caliber. This is not about a veteran player bullying a 2nd year pro. I know Davis is a vet and so do you. The difference is you think the 2nd year pro is better than the vet. Who's fault is that?

When it comes to rebounding, Davis' primary task is to box out. Let KG or the other guys grab the rebound. The Celtics averaged 43.4 rpg in the preseason. According to my estimate the key stat for the Celtics is 42.0 rpg. So far so good, right?

And yes, JO will not be playing PF in the regular season because it's not necessary. The Celtics have Davis as the backup PF.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : At this point but but preseason doesn't count and besides, don't you think it's somewhat of an embarrassment on you that the guy you're poking fun at is only in his 2nd year (?) as an NBA player and the guy you're so proud of has been in the NBA for 3 years on a championship team and the best you can say is his shooting % is higher. So now the C's need Davis to be a scorer? I thought "The Key to the 2010-2011 Season" was rebounds???? 

Read your post again so that you will realize how moronic your argument sounds. We both know that Davis has more experience than Tolliver yet you still insist that he's better than Davis. Is is my fault that you miscalculated both Davis and Tolliver?

You agreed that after 8 preseason games Davis is better than Tolliver, so man up! Stop making excuses and be a man!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : Secondly, as you are convinced that JON's sore hammy is keeping him from the starting center spot (guess Wade won't be starting for Miami eitherthis season)then I guess you'd say there was no sense playing him at PF (his natural position) especially with a torn wrist cartilage? So this means he won't play PF the entire regular season ... preseason has established the entire regular season? So again Fierce, according to you, we will not see JON play PF once during the regular season? Right?

Yes. Glen Davis is the backup PF. Why risk further injury to JO when there's no need for him to play backup PF. If Davis is not available Harangody is next in line.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Who cares?

There are now 88 posts on this thread and approximately 80 of them are by either P34 or Mployee8.

Are you guys lovers?

Can't you two settle this little spat in private over a glass of chardonnay?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]Good Luck, enjoy the season. Can't wait for Lasme to get a call up once West gets back and Wafer gets cut or traded to Portland .... Hahaha!

Still not giving up on Lasme, huh?

Yesterday your excuse was Tolliver was only being paid 2/3 of what Davis is making. Today you said Tolliver is only a 2nd year player while Davis has more NBA experience. You're like a vending machine filled with excuses.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : it's all about the stats ... Fierce thinks BBD will have better #'s at the end of the season and I don't see anyway that happens dispite the outcome of the two teams' season records.

Why are you shifting the topic from Davis vs. Tolliver to Tolliver replacing Davis? You seem to like using the word "senile", but now you're changing the topic. Are blind? Do you have difficulty seeing? 

The thread says Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver, not Tolliver replacing Davis. Are you trying to pull fast one here?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]It's not about who's the best player ... go back to the challenge as you are acting senile now. 

Are you trying to pull a fast one? Here's the challenge you're talking about.

Re: Big baby complains about role

posted at 9/30/2010 12:51 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 10/23/2010
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role:
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : For a Celtic fan you sure sound like GreenKiller.  I'm glad that you said on record that Anthony Tolliver will be a better player than Glen Davis this season. That way we can look back and see if you're right or wrong.  By the way, has Josh Boone got an invite from other teams already? 
    Posted by P34

Aside from your mouth, what's your measuring stick .... some obscure measurement of energy, determination and facial expressions like BTU's or real stats?

Adjusted for mpg it will be close but Toll has a much higher Eff ... Loser agrees to stop posting from the close of the season in 2011 till the 1st regular season game next October ... Good Luck!

www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/">http://www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/

www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/">http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/

Note: This will be based on regular season stats as determined by NBA.com

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

"Adjusted for mpg it will be close but Toll has a much higher Eff ... Loser agrees to stop posting from the close of the season in 2011 till the 1st regular season game next October ... Good Luck!"

Are you really that desperate, Mployee8?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]It's not about who's the best player ... go back to the challenge as you are acting senile now.

Now you're being ridiculous. The deal we agreed to was who ends up the better player, based on stats from nba.com, after the regular season is over. 

Don't make stuff up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : I never said he'd get more playing time ... just compared past stats that were based on more time calling for a pro-rata adjustment.

See, even you said it yourself, "pro-rata". So stop spinning and man up!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sellgoods. Show sellgoods's posts

* http://www.itemsellout.com

* Jame shoes $30--39

* Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

* Jordan Spizike shoes $35

* Jordan 2010 shoes $40

* Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35

* Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35

* Tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16

* AF tshirt $15

* Jean(True Religion,VERSACE,coogi) $30

* Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16

* New era cap $15

* FREE SHIPPING

*http://www.itemsellout.com

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

13 pts, 6-7 fgs, 5 rebs. for Davis on opening night. What's more important is he played in the crucial moments of the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]13 pts, 6-7 fgs, 5 rebs. for Davis on opening night. What's more important is he played in the crucial moments of the game.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

aww, that's not fair.  toolliver and the wolfs are not going to have many of those.  :-O

Sections
Shortcuts