Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

Want pathetic? Here's pathetic!

posted at 10/1/2010 2:41 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 10/3/2010
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver:
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : That's why I said Davis is the better player. I never said anything about Glen Davis getting more points and rebounds than Tolliver. I agree, if Tolliver were on the Celtics he would be a 3rd string PF. 
    Posted by P34

BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : Why should I find your post ... you know where you dissed Chamberlain. So Fierce thinks Rudy is with Portland the entire year? Who said Boone would be invited ? Tony will be one of the three last cuts and eligible to sign with the Me Red Claws if he isn't able to sign with another team or Europe. He may end up with the C's affiliate in the end ... who know? You? While you're at it ... how much should the C's or another team pay Davis per year under a new 2 year FA contract ... give us an idea of what he's worth? If you were playing a football card and the Pats were playing Buffalo and the Bills were getting +20 and you took the bet does that make you a Bills fan?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I never dissed Wilt. You're just making things up. What exactly did I say that you interpreted as dissing Wilt? It's one thing to argue because of difference in opinion, but resorting to making up stories is what makes you the ultimate douch.

I never said anything about Fernandez staying in Portland all year. You were the one who said that anything can still happen, that the Celtics can still acquire Fernandez. You even watched every game the Spanish national team played in Turkey. You kept saying that Fernandez is their best rebounder. And you also kept bumping that Rudy Fernandez thread. So much for Fernandez coming to Boston, huh?

It's Ainge's job to give Glen Davis a contract. The problem here is not Glen Davis' abilities, it's your hate for Glen Davis that's clouding your judgement. You seem to hate fat people like yourself. 

And if I were a Pats fan being offered to bet against my Pats because the opponent has a +20 advantage, I would simply not take the bet because I would not enjoy watching the game and knowing that I bet against my team. Unlike you, I'm not all about the money. I watch to enjoy, not to make money. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Mployee8, you didn't want Josh Boone to be invited to camp, you wanted Ainge to do a S&T for him.  HAHAHA!!!

Re: A Far Fetched Foreward

posted at 7/18/2010 3:26 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    Last: 10/3/2010
    If B Miller can only get $5m what's Boone worth smart guy?

He's got a qualifying offer of just shy of $3m from NJ ... the last guy to have a QO that you said couldn't be had cause they'd match was Childress and he's gone to the Suns for a 2nd round pick!

Obviously you were wrong on that one - want to try again?

Make an offer of $3.2m and see what happens ... Danny's got time to kill. Worse thing that can happen is they match or decline to do a S&T and the best thing is a S&T for Sheed ... downside, only $3.1m left from a PTE and the VM for another wing ... R Butler or QWoods, LMAO!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Hind sight is 20-20 .... that said, what did we get for Sheed? My point was that players with QO can be had on the cheap some times like Childress which as I recall you said would never happen as any offer would be matched ...  Wrong!  Secondly it was later noted that Boone was a FA and not under QO and could be had for the minimum if the C's were interested ... Who knows if they would have pursued Boone or Tolliver if the Shaq deal hadn't worked out? I suggested at the time when there were few options for rebounders (Shaq wanted MLE) and no apparent takers for Sheed that they may be able to get Boone with the S&T for Sheed with a PTE for the difference providing add'l funds for another FA. I still think that would have been to our benefit rather than getting nothing for Sheed. But it's all moot with Shaq taking the VM ... but you expected that right? You don't get that concept I guess and see no value in getting back a PTE of $3M or more depending on a negotiated deal so move on ... it's over your head.

Why should I believe you when all your predictions never came true. Getting back a PTE of 3m? You think the Celtics will benefit from what you will do, unfortunately you are not Danny Ainge. 

Haven't it occurred to you that not a single one of your predictions came true?Or all your speculations went nowhere. Talk about over your head. You didn't even believe the Celtics signed Von Wafer when it was first reported because according to you it made no sense. Again, you're not the GM of the Celtics. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Gaffney is headed to Turkey. So much for another one of your predictions, Mployee8.

Re: Training Camp Opens - What to Expect

posted at 9/29/2010 1:21 AM EDT
    Last: 10/4/2010
    Expect Lasme, Smith and Gaffney to end up on the NBDL affiliate ... no roster changes unless West explodes, Wafer loses his shot or a trade materializes.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : How convenient ... you edit or ignore the post where I say he was let go to hook on with another team (NBA or Foreign) but if he is unable he could end back here with the C's affiliate ... as usual, post the part of the comment that suits you ... good thing you aren't the editor of the Globe, we'd be at war with China. You just don't know the difference between speculating on what the C's might/could do vs making predictions as you do ... then again, you seldom have the balz to say much of anything of import other than towing the line ... BS that is. Here's one of your predictions or absolutes that failed again: "Do you really think Tolliver will be able to score/rebound against the Lakers?" No, I didn't see the game but I did find the boxscore; http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301004016 Tolliver /> 10 pts & 6 rebounds (22 mins)

I did not edit what you wrote. You said expect Gaffney to end up on the NBDL affiliate. 

Re: Training Camp Opens - What to Expect

posted at 9/29/2010 1:21 AM EDT
    Last: 10/4/2010
    Expect Lasme, Smith and Gaffney to end up on the NBDL affiliate ... no roster changes unless West explodes, Wafer loses his shot or a trade materializes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Mployee8, here's the link where you never said the word "foreign". 

Once again you're lying!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : How convenient ... you edit or ignore the post where I say he was let go to hook on with another team (NBA or Foreign) but if he is unable he could end back here with the C's affiliate ... as usual, post the part of the comment that suits you ... good thing you aren't the editor of the Globe, we'd be at war with China. You just don't know the difference between speculating on what the C's might/could do vs making predictions as you do ... then again, you seldom have the balz to say much of anything of import other than towing the line ... BS that is. Here's one of your predictions or absolutes that failed again: "Do you really think Tolliver will be able to score/rebound against the Lakers?" No, I didn't see the game but I did find the boxscore; http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301004016 Tolliver /> 10 pts & 6 rebounds (22 mins)

You're really dumb. You think it's a good sign that Tolliver only played 22 minutes in a preseason game? 

Was the game close or did the Wolves win by 19? Maybe you want to check out nba.com to see when Tolliver started scoring. From what I saw Tolliver started scoring when the Wolves were up 87-69. You understand what garbage time is?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!

I think this is where your credibility goes down the drain. The way I see it, you're a hater.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

tolly chiseled 10 and 6 into the immortal stat sheet tonight in a big minny blowout to the lakers...............

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Was that in garbage time?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Was that in garbage time?
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]

welllllllllllllllll, the minnies won by 20 to the lakers in that game.

kobe didn't log many minutes in that one.  martell webster and beasley were the big players for minny.  i didn't see any tolly highlights, just webster, beasley and love

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Glen Davis' first game this year, 13 pts, 5 rebs, and 3 stls. The 9-10 from the FT line is an indication of getting it done like a PF should.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Against the Nets Davis already has 14 pts, in 15 minutes, in the first half alone. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Davis is tonight's player of the game. Led the team in scoring with 20 pts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Glen Davis got the night off against NY. 

What is happening with Anthony Tolliver, tonight 5pts, 0 fgs, in 16 minutes. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : BBD:  Upside=big minutes and lots of points against subpar teams (Philly/NJ)  Downside=Too much time on the floor has cause swollens knees and DNP tonight ... something else to worry about

You really believe Davis has swollen knees or you just got that from the box scores at nba.com? 

Anthony Tolliver played against Indiana and only ended up with 5 pts. Is Indiana not a subpar team? 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : BBD:  Upside=big minutes and lots of points against subpar teams (Philly/NJ)  Downside=Too much time on the floor has cause swollens knees and DNP tonight ... something else to worry about

When are you going to tell us that Josh Boone is now headed to China?

You are the guru of player movement on this board, are you not?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : It was reported post game ... wake up and smell the coffee!

So what you're saying is Glen Davis having swollen knees in the preseason makes Anthony Tolliver the better player?