Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver:
    [QUOTE]You'd like to tag me with that as we all have our own ideas of what could happen but you never play that game, right Fierce! LOL! Even Iverson is going to Turkey or China ... lots of guys getting passed over for young players with the new agreement coming and teams not wanting to commit time/money to players they're unsure about given the circumstances.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I'm not the one telling everybody here where guys like Ian Mahinmi, Josh Childress, Qyntel Woods, and Josh Boone are going. Like I said before, I'm just a Celtic fan. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : I'm saying the season is young ... check the stats at year end when they matter. Let's not forget, I said Tolliver would make an adequate stand-in for BBD given the available PF's available at the time were BBD to have been involved in a trade over the summer. I didn't say he was the next KG ... so keep it real Mr Exaggeration!

Yes, you said Tolliver will replace BBD if BBD is traded. I never said anything about you saying that Tolliver is the next KG. Once again you're making stuff up, I never said that you said Tolliver is the next KG. 

You said Tolliver will get more playing time the BBD this season. Looks like you're wrong again. Kurt Rambis has Love as the PF then Beasley moves to PF when Love sits. Do the math. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : I never said where they were going ... I pointed them out as players that the C's should take an interest in ... like you with you're Chandler trade, remember Mr GM?

Wilson Chandler..a possibility?

posted at 8/20/2010 9:11 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=eb3100d18409bb2cc6cf603d254ef11c&plckUserId=eb3100d18409bb2cc6cf603d254ef11c">
    First: 1/31/2008
    Last: 10/8/2010

With the right team this guy would be  a super young and athletic talent. Could it happen?  NYK

I searched for previous discussion but couldn't find any on this site.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Was I the only one thinking it was possible to acquire Wilson Chandler? 

I think hoping that Qyntel Woods would make it back to the NBA is more far-fetched. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : I never said he'd get more playing time ... just compared past stats that were based on more time calling for a pro-rata adjustment.

What are you saying, Tolliver playing less minutes and ending up with 5 pts will make him a better player than Glen Davis? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : I never said he'd get more playing time ... just compared past stats that were based on more time calling for a pro-rata adjustment.

LIAR!

Re: Big baby complains about role

posted at 10/2/2010 12:44 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 10/14/2010
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role:
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : Acie never asked who brought up the Tolliver comparison, he asked why the comparison to Tolliver. Rondowski was right, you have no comprehension. 
    Posted by P34

Your a jerk!

Here's the first time Tolliver was mentioned on this thread;

Fierce: "You think Anthony Tolliver will be a better player than Glen Davis this year?"

The comparison to Tolliver was brought up by you in your usual straw man argument based on an old hypothetical regarding the Rudy discussion months ago ... 

Just like your argument on another thread where you try to bait the opponent with "Do you think Kwame is better than Gasol?" 

Only difference is you screwed up when you added "this year" to your straw man poll. I know Tolliver has a good chance of being statistically better than BBD on paper due to their roles for their respective teams, minutes, opponents, etc and took the bait cause there's a very high probability that you lose. 

What better victory for such low risk could there be than to take you up on the challenge with the ultimate reward of stifling your act for the entire summer next year ... a worthy bet for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Settle down children.....I can feel the anger!

Such is life.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Are you crazy? Tolliver playing 22 minutes per game only gets 8.6 pts per game. While Davis is only getting 20 minutes per game but is averaging 12 pts per game.

Have you totally lost your mind?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Preseason stats anyone? Everyone is high as a kite over BBD's great preseason but look! All of a sudden Tolliver got the knod and more playing time and his stats are not that bad for a guy making about 2/3's the $ as BBD. His shortcoming to BBD's points are made up in rebounding (Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-2011) and he added a 3-pt shot as well. Who knows, by the end of the season he could have comparable stats after all of not better ... time will tell ... but my guess is he'd have held his own as a decent replacement for BBD if it had come to that. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/

HAHAHA!!!

Take note everyone, he said it again. What a moron!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : Naturally you forgot to compare REBOUNDS and MONEY ... and as usual you leave out or conveniently forget that you asked me who the C's could sign if BBD were traded ... Tolliver was offered up as a potential replacement and you still try to utilize it for your "disagreement" completely out of context, Houdini.

First of all our original agreement didn't include the salaries of both players. Call a spade a spade, right?

If you didn't know JO led the Celtics in rebounding in preseason with 5 per game. That's right, only 5 per game. The reason for that is the Celtics are gang rebounding, meaning everybody is crashing the boards hard. 

Again, Davis is averaging 12.0 ppg and shooting 49% from the field. Tolliver on the other hand is playing more minutes but only getting 8.6 ppg and shooting 42.9% from the field. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : Almost all the people ... two?  Nobody can be certain that there will be one defacto backup to KG that's why there isn't much support one way or the other especially after Doc's comment about time on the bench. Wait for the games to begin ... let's see who get's more time at PF, JON or BBD. With Shaq it's quite possible that both JON and BBD split their playing time at both positions. If BBD gets 15 mins/game then he may play 7-8 mins at each position. Same with JON ... if he splits 30 mins/game at both positions he could see 20 at C and 10 at PF in which case he'd be getting more time at PF than BBD.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

You were saying?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]as usual you're mixing posts about JON vs BBD minutes not Tolliver. The Tolliver post was comparing his 09-10' stats to BBD's stats and minutes. I don't know why you're pulling a post about JON vs BBD at PF minutes in your defense ... makes no sense. Besides, in preseason you said Tolliver wouldn't get the minutes that BBD would and he did. $th string is a reference to his time at C but that must have gone over you head ... let me elaborate; SHAQ (again if you missed it - SHAQ!), JON, PERK & BBD when Perk returns - that makes BBD the 4th center on the team, capiche? You also said: JO agreed to sign with the Celtics because they promised him the starting C job. That's not gonna change even with the signing of Shaq.  Posted by Fierce34

You said JO will be the backup PF. I saw all the preseason games and not once did JO play PF. Once again it goes to your credibility. You said JO will be the backup PF to KG, you denying this now?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

All the preseason games I've watched Erden comes in replacing Shaq or JO then Davis comes in for KG. When KG didn't play Davis started in his place. Not once did JO play PF. A spade is a spade right, Mployee8?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Mployee8, since the Celtics are done with the preseason, on record, do you still believe that Anthony Tolliver is a better player than Glen Davis?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

screw preseason stats

for anyone who's interested:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]Preseason stats anyone? Everyone is high as a kite over BBD's great preseason but look! All of a sudden Tolliver got the knod and more playing time and his stats are not that bad for a guy making about 2/3's the $ as BBD. His shortcoming to BBD's points are made up in rebounding (Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-2011) and he added a 3-pt shot as well. Who knows, by the end of the season he could have comparable stats after all of not better ... time will tell ... but my guess is he'd have held his own as a decent replacement for BBD if it had come to that. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/

I can't believe you're trying to weasel your way out of this one by saying that Tolliver is just being paid 2/3 of what Davis is making annually. 

Tolliver's lack of scoring is being made up in the rebounding department, really???

Davis - 12.0 ppg 4.4 rpg 49% fg
    Tolliver - 8.6 ppg 5.7 rpg 42.9% fg

Seriously man, you're sounding like a cuckoo.

Sections
Shortcuts