Globe writer: 5 year rebuild "at best"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Globe writer: 5 year rebuild

The Nets are a shaky playoff team with PP and KG.  I really think that team is going to fall apart over the next few years.  Whatever rebuild that needs to happen will be aided by an extra lottery/borderline lottery pick or two, either for the player drafted or the value of the pick(s) in trade.  If anyone can pull off a significant trade, it's the Celtics.  If Danny pull the right strings, the rebuild to contender could be shorter than 5 years.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Does rebuild complete equal a title? We will; have to keep the thread alive till then.  Have to check the BDC actuarial chart to see how many of us will be left by then.

Would that make next season, year 7 of the rebuild?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

I can...we suck for the foreseeable future.....

Not necessarily.

Remember, we were trying to lose this year.

And next year we can sign a good free agent to go along with two first round draft picks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Here's what I would do:

Keep Sully & Oly and trade everyone else we are able to unload and try to get draft picks and then bite the bullet for 2-3 years & build the team through the draft 100% when possible and our coach with college experience is the right man to lead young out of college players. I cite Golden State who got Curry & Thompson, the best front court in the game, I think, in the 1st round with Barnes too who starts. They might have won this year if Bogut didn't get hurt. Again, build mainly through the draft & unload anyone that' ll get us a decent draft pick.

Curry and thompson are a BACK COURT, not front court.  Building thru the draft is very difficult and long process. Other than okc and gsw not many have been "succesful" and how much success have those teams really accomplished okc made 1 final and gsw has been knocked out in 1st rd and 2nd round. 

With the amount of picks and young players we already have a trade seems more likely. Flip a young guy (slly,ab,ko)+picks for an established star. Team them up with rondo and fill in the gaps. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I agree with 37, you can't tell how long it will be. Some great picks and a move here or there we could turn it around quickly, a few bad picks , injuries and moves could make it 12 years.  We lost a lot of close games this last season, we had 2 of are supposed best player missed significant time, some of our rookies missed time and traded away a key rotation guy midseason. Add those factors to a roster that was basically was introduced to each other at training  camp and a new coach and viola you have an abysmal season. This is a huge off season for us that will give a better indicator of where we are as a team.

The first omen will be on 5/20 when we see where the bouncing balls drop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Celtics rebuild....

Sign Hayward, draft Embiid.

Celtics starters....Rondo, Hayward, Green, Olynyk, Embiid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Nobody at this times knows how long it will take to rebuild or if we will even be able to rebuild.   Took 20+ years last time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Nobody at this times knows how long it will take to rebuild or if we will even be able to rebuild.   Took 20+ years last time.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Right, but Len Bias and Reggie Lewis died along the way and the Celts held on to their vets (McHale) instead of parlaying them into future assets (Pierce, KG).  Barring no more deaths and assuming Ainge makes good use of his many draft picks, I feel better this time around. 

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts