GM's Pressure Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

GM's Pressure Celtics

Bass, Hump, Green, Rondo and Sully are all players that some other teams would like to have.  Danny is seeking fair market value.  Other GM's are thinking that Danny will cave near the deadline and sell cheap.  They are wrong, Danny will keep the players we have rather than give them away.  Hump will drop 12 m off at the end of the season when he become a free agent.  I think Danny will make a reasonable trade near or at the deadline.  Hump or Bass or Green for the Houston second string center or something similar.  Detroit and Atlanta are interested.  Green, if possible , needs to be traded to the West, because if he plays for the East , he will have huge games against the Celts.  Green is a great player when he is motivated, say one game out of 7.   Danny is waiting to see what develops, that will deternine if we build through the draft or if we Keep Rondo and rebuild through trades now.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: GM's Pressure Celtics

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bass, Hump, Green, Rondo and Sully are all players that some other teams would like to have.  Danny is seeking fair market value.  Other GM's are thinking that Danny will cave near the deadline and sell cheap.  They are wrong, Danny will keep the players we have rather than give them away.  Hump will drop 12 m off at the end of the season when he become a free agent.  I think Danny will make a reasonable trade near or at the deadline.  Hump or Bass or Green for the Houston second string center or something similar.  Detroit and Atlanta are interested.  Green, if possible , needs to be traded to the West, because if he plays for the East , he will have huge games against the Celts.  Green is a great player when he is motivated, say one game out of 7.   Danny is waiting to see what develops, that will deternine if we build through the draft or if we Keep Rondo and rebuild through trades now.  

[/QUOTE]

DA is no doubt hoping that GMs too will cave and overpay to get one of our "stars."

Considering the relative talent strengths of the various NBA franchises, DA is hardly sitting on a motherlode of coveted players.

DA has a few pieces that others may want to put them over the top... but so do lots of other lottery-bound teams needing to rebuild.

What DA has that is of some value are stockpiled draft/lottery picks.... and that's a real krapshoot. 

The pressure is not coming from other GMs. The pressure is coming from Beantown expectations that DA put a winning team on the floor ASAP... and we are years away from that.

Pud 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The pressure is not coming from other GMs. The pressure is coming from Beantown expectations that DA put a winning team on the floor ASAP."

I don't think that's entirely true. Boston fans want a team that plays their tails off, but I think they understand the sport and are willing to wait a couple years as long as the team plays hard as they have this year. 

Agreed the pressure isn't from other GMs. The pressure is on Ainge because if he rebuilds this team again, he can write his own ticket as a GM and have a legacy. If he doesn't, there will always be that asterisk that he did it once but only with the generous help of Kevin McHale. 

" Bass, Hump, Green, Rondo and Sully are all players that some other teams would like to have."

I think that's a gross generalization, I doubt the phones are burning up on Hump for example. 

You could put Bradley on that list too. 

Ainge is less likely to move Green (though I think he should try), even less likely to move Rondo, and even less likely to move Sully. 

He's more likely to move the others you mentioned. They don't fit as firmly into his future plans. 

We'lll see. I expect him to make at least one move but you are right, he's not holding a fire sale so he will not trade these guys for bad deals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

I would trade Green to the team that I play most often. Then I would make sure his stash is fully stocked and I would leave him uncovered all game, every game and I would win more than I would lose, because the moment Jeff Green starts to succeed is the moment he starts to care less and his attention switches to the fatties he's gonna roll after the game..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

If the Celtics had a bench player of Humps quality in 2010 we would not have lost to the Lakers .  So there must be playoff teams looking for a good hard working bench player that could improve them. Scratch any tanking teams off the list though. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Bass, Hump, and even Green and Bradley , are good roll players.  The would fit nicely with some teams that are making a run.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This team isn't good even if KH and Bass stay.  Those guys are role players.  DA can wait for a deal that makes sense. Even if a good deal doesn't happen this team will get a decent lottery pick.  He doesn't have to trade anyone to be in the lottery, and I doubt he jumps at just any ol' deal.  There are multiple teams interested in Bass if we believe the reports, and I'm sure one of them will give up something that Danny can take to the bank for the future. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would trade Green to the team that I play most often. Then I would make sure his stash is fully stocked and I would leave him uncovered all game, every game and I would win more than I would lose, because the moment Jeff Green starts to succeed is the moment he starts to care less and his attention switches to the fatties he's gonna roll after the game..

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Sections
Shortcuts