go celts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul

In Response to J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul:
    J., K.G., Paul should be impossible to guard.  All three can post and all three can hit the mid-range shot, and they are good passers and rebounders and they have great experience.  How do you guard them without giving up something good?  If we have a coach who can think, just think about Ray Allen and West with the ability to shoot and move with these threee guys.  There is no need to worry about points.  Rondo will be fine to , I know he is supppper but sent home from overseas beacuse he can't shoot, but out bench is loaded with shooters.  The only problem we have is , do we have the coaches with the guts to play the right plalyers at the right spots and motivate them.
    Posted by maryngary

I agree.  I think our "cancer" from last year is gone (at least until Feb).  Defense and rebounding are the keys.  Can we play D without Tibs, and we MUST improve our rebounding.  Lastly, our bench scoring must improve.........Nate, West,  Wafer, Daniels, Davis and Shaq is a big upgrade over last year.  We also have three kids (Bradley, Harangody and Erdan) who can maybe play a little.   I'm very excited for this year..................60 wins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Very deep team without a doubt. Scoring will not be a problem. I also see Shaq as a huge upgrade. Good luck to all the teams who have to match up against the Celtics starters or bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul:
    In Response to J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : I agree.  I think our "cancer" from last year is gone (at least until Feb).  Defense and rebounding are the keys.  Can we play D without Tibs, and we MUST improve our rebounding.  Lastly, our bench scoring must improve.........Nate, West,  Wafer, Daniels, Davis and Shaq is a big upgrade over last year.  We also have three kids (Bradley, Harangody and Erdan) who can maybe play a little.   I'm very excited for this year..................60 wins!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

You're comment is ridicilous referring to Perkins as a cancer. I'm glad he's a Celtic and he encompasses what a Celtic player should, being a player with a lot of hustle and grit. He's one of the best defensive centers in the league. He's a good, but not great rebounder and he knows his place on the offensive end of the court as he knows his limits and what shots to take and not take. This is indicative by his high field goal percentage every season. Sure he has some weaknesses such as moving while setting picks, bringing the ball down while under the basket and lacking good hands in regards to catching a pass. But his positive attributes by far outweigh his negatives.
        Some of the posters here sure like to throw around the term cancer to insult players. Some players in the league may deserve this term, but Perk has always been a positive and important part for the Celtics during his tenure here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

not Perk

Sheed was the cancer he was referring to not Perk

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

How can sheed be the cancer when posters here were saying he was gonna lead the celts to the promised land??

Go figure!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

How can sheed be the cancer when posters here were saying he was gonna lead the celts to the promised land?? Go figure!
    Posted by KB24RULZ

Attention BDC - this guy is a STALKER and does not let me post in peace!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: not Perk

In Response to not Perk:
    Sheed was the cancer he was referring to not Perk
    Posted by shines01

BirdCowens didn't state the player, but Perk is the only C's player on the roster that is scheduled to return around February. Sheed is retired.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul:
    J., K.G., Paul should be impossible to guard.  All three can post and all three can hit the mid-range shot, and they are good passers and rebounders and they have great experience.  How do you guard them without giving up something good?  If we have a coach who can think, just think about Ray Allen and West with the ability to shoot and move with these threee guys.  There is no need to worry about points.  Rondo will be fine to , I know he is supppper but sent home from overseas beacuse he can't shoot, but out bench is loaded with shooters.  The only problem we have is , do we have the coaches with the guts to play the right plalyers at the right spots and motivate them.
    Posted by maryngary

Do you know anything about basketball? O'Neal was horrible in the play-offs for Miami last year. Abysmal. Do you just selectively disregard this? Garnett is a year older. Peirce was not the same player against LA in the finals he'd been in 2008 and he is also a year older. Get real.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

In Response to J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul :         Do you know anything about basketball? O'Neal was horrible in the play-offs for Miami last year. Abysmal. Do you just selectively disregard this? Garnett is a year older. Peirce was not the same player against LA in the finals he'd been in 2008 and he is also a year older. Get real.
    Posted by walton

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

KB24rulz,

LOLOLOLOLOLO

Typical laker bandwagon troll...

PS: 17 titles..REMEMBER THAT...thats more than your team...

Its funny that you take one persons thoughts and say the WHOLE fanbase said that. Typical not thought out statement.

No wonder your just an internet troll...keep it coming and remember 17 titles...

watch you come back with well 8 teams in the nba..

And ill say take george mikans titles away and youd say no fair...

LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

walton,

Are you serious...

KG is a year older...HUH...so is derek Fisher.....So is KOBE BRYANT....didnt you know that the lakers have an older team than boston. Odom has had injury issues..The lakers ARE NOT A YOUNG TEAM.

Jermaine oneal shouldnt have been on the floor in the playoffs because of injury. Before that he had a great season. Do the lakers fan judge the often injured bynum because of injury.

Then the paul pierce issue..LOL...ok...IN 2008 when the Celts won. Pierce had other offensive options in games like James posey and Brown who opened the floor for him to score. This last season paul had tony allen..Can he shoot?..NOPE...So boston got a shooter Delonte West and Von Wafer who can open the floor for paul to score.

Walton you should get real about your fakers...Look at steve blake 30 years old kobe 30 fisher almost 40 barns 30 odom 30 gaso 28 walton old...ratliff 40...

A young team like okl can knock off your fakers..They are more athletic than your team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

walton, Are you serious... KG is a year older...HUH...so is derek Fisher.....So is KOBE BRYANT....didnt you know that the lakers have an older team than boston. Odom has had injury issues..The lakers ARE NOT A YOUNG TEAM. Jermaine oneal shouldnt have been on the floor in the playoffs because of injury. Before that he had a great season. Do the lakers fan judge the often injured bynum because of injury. Then the paul pierce issue..LOL...ok...IN 2008 when the Celts won. Pierce had other offensive options in games like James posey and Brown who opened the floor for him to score. This last season paul had tony allen..Can he shoot?..NOPE...So boston got a shooter Delonte West and Von Wafer who can open the floor for paul to score. Walton you should get real about your fakers...Look at steve blake 30 years old kobe 30 fisher almost 40 barns 30 odom 30 gaso 28 walton old...ratliff 40... A young team like okl can knock off your fakers..They are more athletic than your team.
    Posted by DoctorCO

Until we get beat we remain the back to back World Champions. The Thunder are on the rise but the Lake Show has seen many teams 'on the rise' and we continue to beat back the best of the west (including the east). If I was a boston fan I'd be real silent....1 title (and that's tainted) in 20 odd years gives little credence to you're organization. After all, when you can back up a championship with another the following year, that tells me it aint no fluke and your the real deal. Just like the Lakers.

Enjoy the gif!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

So we were not the real deal in 1972?

Because according to your logic in the post above we were not the real deal because we only won ONE championship during the West/Baylor era.

Russell finally retires and then we get eaten up twice by the Knicks of all teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

A young team like okl can knock off your fakers..They are more athletic than your team.
    Posted by DoctorCO

That is what I am afraid of. The Thunder looked great against us last year in the play offs. I was more worried about them than I was about the Celtics in some respects. Mainly because of their athletisim and speed. Although I'm reserved about how they will perform this season, not sure if they're one season wonders or the real deal. Although Durants performance during the WC's leads me to believe that HE is the real deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : That is what I am afraid of. The Thunder looked great against us last year in the play offs. I was more worried about them than I was about the Celtics in some respects. Mainly because of their athletisim and speed. Although I'm reserved about how they will perform this season, not sure if they're one season wonders or the real deal. Although Durants performance during the WC's leads me to believe that HE is the real deal.
    Posted by RUWorthy

What you should be afraid of is the law of averages. Last year Gasol suffered nagging injuries because of playing too much basketball in the summer. Lamar Odom did it this year by playing for Team USA. With only Theo Ratliff backing up all the Laker big men the Lakers are very thin at the 4 and 5 positions.

Health will be the biggest obstacle the Lakers will have to overcome this upcoming season. Derek Fisher will be 36 years old when the season starts. Andrew Bynum is injury prone. And in his entire career Kobe hasn't suffered a major injury yet. Sooner or later it will happen. Such is life. Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Even Semih Erden is better than Theo Ratliff right now. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I guess the glass is always half empty for some people.

KG may be a year older but he is also further removed from his injury. His play improved dramatically in the play-offs. He did not jump for rebounds in traffic as in the past, but that is probably psychological. He did jump to block shots. The evidence shows that he is improving from last year.

The same can be said of J. Oneil.

Shaq played very well against the Lakers, and Howard last year. For faster Centers, we have J. Oneil, and KG.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Funny how almost every power ranking for this season says the same thing about boston....'too old'!

Such is life. Enjoy the gif!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : That is what I am afraid of. The Thunder looked great against us last year in the play offs. I was more worried about them than I was about the Celtics in some respects. Mainly because of their athletisim and speed. Although I'm reserved about how they will perform this season, not sure if they're one season wonders or the real deal. Although Durants performance during the WC's leads me to believe that HE is the real deal.
    Posted by RUWorthy

You mentioned Kevin Durant. This young man is really an amazing offensive player. He may be the best offensive player in the world right now and the funny thing about it is he's a several years from reaching his prime as he's only in his early 20's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

He's one of my favourite players. Portland must be kicking themselves when they could have had him.

The sad thing is that in a perfect world he'd be in Seattle. Seeing he isn't the next best thing would be having him play out his career in OK City. I still have very mixed emotions when it comes to the whole Sonics/Thunder mess. It's not the players fault in anyway but the whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I know Celtics fans are miffed over game 7 from the finals. But the Sonics should still be in Seattle, it's such a sad situation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Miffed over the Sonics/Thunder??

Good lord above!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

I think we have a better team than last year. despite the old, we finish in the final. LBJ, bosh and D Wade can not play 48 minutes and the Miami bench disgusting. this year is the 18th banner. LAL you are bitter y wimp

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

No Rasheed said he may come back to the team in the winter. The cancer is not Perkins

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

He's one of my favourite players. Portland must be kicking themselves when they could have had him. The sad thing is that in a perfect world he'd be in Seattle. Seeing he isn't the next best thing would be having him play out his career in OK City. I still have very mixed emotions when it comes to the whole Sonics/Thunder mess. It's not the players fault in anyway but the whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I know Celtics fans are miffed over game 7 from the finals. But the Sonics should still be in Seattle, it's such a sad situation.
    Posted by RUWorthy

Seattle is a beautiful city. I would love to live there, but my wife would never go for it because she wouldn't like all the rain.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

jermaine o'neal was not hurt in the playoffs last year...he was just flat out awful

and good luck beating the heat...you are going to need alot of it

Sections
Shortcuts