go celts

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul

O'neal was injured during last seasons playoffs. I believe he had an ankle injury prior to the playoffs and returned out of necessity. He wasn't 100%. Sure O''neal stunk against the C's in the playoffs, but his injury had something to do with that. Jermaine is a proven NBA player and multi-season all-star.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Don't worry about either of the O'Neals as they will be more than adequate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul :   Seattle is a beautiful city. I would love to live there, but my wife would never go for it because she wouldn't like all the rain.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

My favourite city in the United States is Seattle, Portland being a close second. Used to go there a lot when I lived in Vancouver. Could live there quite happily. So true though in regards to rain, don't remember many sunny days there except in the Summer. But being from Vancouver it didn't worry me when we went there to watch games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]O'neal was injured during last seasons playoffs. I believe he had an ankle injury prior to the playoffs and returned out of necessity. He wasn't 100%. Sure O''neal stunk against the C's in the playoffs, but his injury had something to do with that. Jermaine is a proven NBA player and multi-season all-star.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    im a diehard heat fan and never heard of him having an injury of any kind

he was just flat out awful

but...he will be playing less minutes this year which may help keep him more fresh but then again, with the age of the celtics important players...injuries will most certainly be a factor as well

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetYourSoxOn. Show GetYourSoxOn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : im a diehard heat fan and never heard of him having an injury of any kind he was just flat out awful but...he will be playing less minutes this year which may help keep him more fresh but then again, with the age of the celtics important players...injuries will most certainly be a factor as well
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tue, Apr 13th 2010, 13:34

Jermaine O'Neal misses game with sprained ankle

Turns out Dwyane Wade’s bruised right wrist wasn’t the most worrisome injury for the Heat.

Jermaine O’Neal, who played only 17 minutes against the Knicks on Sunday because of foul trouble, sat out Monday’s game against the 76ers because of a sprained left ankle that he aggravated in the fourth quarter Sunday.

Wade fell hard on his wrist just before halftime in New York, but he played through the pain in the second half and was in the starting lineup Monday.

O’Neal, who sat for the fifth time in the past eight games, said he’s not concerned about missing time just before the playoffs, in part because his previously hyperextended right knee feels good, and also because he has enough time before this weekend to stay sharp.

``Everything you do, you have to be better in your next game,’‘ O’Neal said.

``In that aspect, I’m a little disappointed. But I understand the significance of the playoffs. So to me and to the training staff, being ready come Saturday or Sunday is most important. My concern is the knee will be able to move.’'

[/QUOTE]

Hyperextended knee in late March vs. Bucks, sprained ankle in mid-April.  It was the ankle that affected him in the playoffs, I believe.  It could be the combination of both as well.

This was very easy to find.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]No Rasheed said he may come back to the team in the winter. The cancer is not Perkins
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

erm, perkins staink in the playoffs and spent all of the regular season cementing his reputation as a bozo with the refs.  perk in the playoffs- 5.9 pts and 6.5 rebs and impossible to quantify ill will with the refs. 

remembah all of the "perk paralysis games" where he was one T away from being suspsended and "hurting the team"?  well don't look now, but perk hurt the team nearly all of the playoffs because he buzzed through his T allotment like crap through a goose.

the guy is mentally deficient and a detriment to the team game.  he hasn't learned to shut his mouth with the refs and save face for the betterment of the team.  that's not all that hard to do. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics were leading 3-2 in the Finals before Perkins got hurt. In Game 5 of the 2008 Finals the Celtics lost because Perkins didn't play. Perkins may be horrible on the offensive end but clearly the Celtics are a better team with him manning the middle. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : Hyperextended knee in late March vs. Bucks, sprained ankle in mid-April.  It was the ankle that affected him in the playoffs, I believe.  It could be the combination of both as well. This was very easy to find.
    Posted by GetYourSoxOn[/QUOTE]
    in the playoff games, there was no ill effects of previous injuries though...there was no clear limp or anything...he just flat out stunk up the joint

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics were leading 3-2 in the Finals before Perkins got hurt. In Game 5 of the 2008 Finals the Celtics lost because Perkins didn't play. Perkins may be horrible on the offensive end but clearly the Celtics are a better team with him manning the middle. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Muahahahaha hands of stone made a difference???? Muahahahahahaha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : I have never seen a 6'11" guy like Perkins who could not finish around the basket. We won't have that problem with the two ONeals. But Perkins is a much better defender, no question.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Perk isn't all that bad at finishing around the rim. He's got an excellent field goal percentage due to knowing his shot and not taking bad shots.
       By the way I can think of some former Celtic centers that were much worse at finishing around the rim compared to Perk. How about Vitaly Potapenko, Joe Klein, Raef Lafrentz, Mikki Moore, Travis Knight and I'm sure I can think of many others.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetYourSoxOn. Show GetYourSoxOn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : in the playoff games, there was no ill effects of previous injuries though...there was no clear limp or anything...he just flat out stunk up the joint

Still not satisfied?  There is always this from a very respected source:

[QUOTE]

I got kicked. It was the New York game maybe two weeks before the season was over. My ankle was extremely swollen – the left one – and to me when you suit up and you go out there. You’re telling your team and your followers that you’re ready to play. Whatever excuses you have should be kept in the locker room, so I chose not to talk about it because it didn’t really matter. I still felt like I could go out there and help the team, and unfortunately, I couldn’t do it. That’s just one of those things.
    [/QUOTE]

http://tinyurl.com/245ke7a

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

It's funny that some people think Perk would have made a difference. The guy is a liability and although the gap was only 4 points in game 7, it may as well have been 100.

The Lakers won fair and square, I wish some of the celtic fans would just move on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny that some people think Perk would have made a difference. The guy is a liability and although the gap was only 4 points in game 7, it may as well have been 100. The Lakers won fair and square, I wish some of the celtic fans would just move on.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

And WE won fair and square in 2008, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : Still not satisfied?  There is always this from a very respected source: http://tinyurl.com/245ke7a .
    but JON wasnt limping around or anything in those playoff games...he was just really bad

not to say that he wont have a better year if his minutes are managed correctly but he was pretty bad last year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : but JON wasnt limping around or anything in those playoff games...he was just really bad not to say that he wont have a better year if his minutes are managed correctly but he was pretty bad last year
      Jermaine wasn't bad last year. Check his stats. Sure he didn't put up numbers like he did during his years with the Pacers, but his numbers were still good.
        He was injured during the playoffs. Scroll above and you'll will see where a blogger posted an article stating that he injured his ankle just prior to the playoffs starting. Jermaine will be a strong addition to the Celtics. Just wait and you'll see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Put the best spin you want on how supposedly great the Celtics are on PAPER. There are those players that step up when it counts and the pressure is on. Jermaine O'Neal isn't one of them. He shrinks with the pressure. Maybe he'll be able to hide behind Pierce, KG & Allen, but he was never a go-too player. Damaged goods.

As for Shaq, his game left him back in Miami. Injury-prone, lazy, and can't play defense. Another potential cancer in the locker room. Boston fans will quickly get angry with Shaq's serious limitations.

As for Laker fans needing to worry about injuries, this "so-called" problem is not limited to L.A. Hello, basketball is a physical sport and every team in the NBA will have its share of injuries. The Lakers are no more prone to injuries than the Celtics. No TRUE LAKER FAN WORRIES ABOUT ANY TEAM IN THE NBA. Just the counterfeits on this board.

And thanks for believing the Thunder will overtake L.A. The Lakers are still the champs the last time I read the papers. What have the Thunder done? It's as if I would post that the Celtics should be stressing about Miami. Ridiculous!

So you Boston fans, get wet on your newly constructed team and keep inflating the quality of the castaways you picked up this off season. It will be fun watching the Boston Geezers flameout every 4th quarter like last season, and in Game 7 of the finals. Ha Ha Ha Ha  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beatles4eva. Show beatles4eva's posts

[QUOTE]Put the best spin you want on how supposedly great the Celtics are on PAPER. There are those players that step up when it counts and the pressure is on. Jermaine O'Neal isn't one of them. He shrinks with the pressure. Maybe he'll be able to hide behind Pierce, KG & Allen, but he was never a go-too player. Damaged goods. As for Shaq, his game left him back in Miami. Injury-prone, lazy, and can't play defense. Another potential cancer in the locker room. Boston fans will quickly get angry with Shaq's serious limitations. As for Laker fans needing to worry about injuries, this "so-called" problem is not limited to L.A. Hello, basketball is a physical sport and every team in the NBA will have its share of injuries. The Lakers are no more prone to injuries than the Celtics. No TRUE LAKER FAN WORRIES ABOUT ANY TEAM IN THE NBA. Just the counterfeits on this board. And thanks for believing the Thunder will overtake L.A. The Lakers are still the champs the last time I read the papers. What have the Thunder done? It's as if I would post that the Celtics should be stressing about Miami. Ridiculous! So you Boston fans, get wet on your newly constructed team and keep inflating the quality of the castaways you picked up this off season. It will be fun watching the Boston Geezers flameout every 4th quarter like last season, and in Game 7 of the finals. Ha Ha Ha Ha  :)
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

That bold face sentence is not true.  Lakers fans, and even the owner obsesses about catching and passing the Celtics for number of championships.  Guess you're not a true Lakers fan!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetYourSoxOn. Show GetYourSoxOn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul :   Jermaine wasn't bad last year. Check his stats. Sure he didn't put up numbers like he did during his years with the Pacers, but his numbers were still good.     He was injured during the playoffs. Scroll above and you'll will see where a blogger posted an article stating that he injured his ankle just prior to the playoffs starting. Jermaine will be a strong addition to the Celtics. Just wait and you'll see.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

mem17,

He doesn't care about the articles I linked, it appears.  He has replied each time and discounts the reports every time.

He isn't just an Avid Heat Fan.  It looks like he is a doctor as well.  Not just any doctor, but the very one that sat in when Jermaine was diagnosed.  Just because Jermaine said he was injured and it hampered his game is no reason to take that into account.

The AHF just keeps repeating, "He is just a bad player" over and over again.  You know what happens when you repeat something not exactly true over and over again?  People start to believe it.

I don't believe it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beatles4eva. Show beatles4eva's posts

I don't, either.  He is an upgrade offensively to Perk.  And with KG, Davis, Shaq and later Perk and maybe Sheed, we only need him about 30 mins per game...maybe less.......a great signing!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : mem17, He doesn't care about the articles I linked, it appears.  He has replied each time and discounts the reports every time. He isn't just an Avid Heat Fan.  It looks like he is a doctor as well.  Not just any doctor, but the very one that sat in when Jermaine was diagnosed.  Just because Jermaine said he was injured and it hampered his game is no reason to take that into account. The AHF just keeps repeating, "He is just a bad player" over and over again.  You know what happens when you repeat something not exactly true over and over again?  People start to believe it. I don't believe it.
    ok smart guy but JON had no limp at all in the playoffs...in any of the 5 games

im not saying that he wasnt hurt...but he sure did a heck of a job hiding it...and with how badly he was playing, he would have done the heat a heck of a favor in telling them that his injury is bad enough that its effecting his play

but he didnt, the heat played him, hoping he would improve, he didnt and the heat had the rest of the summer off to build their mega team...fair enough?

jeez, i even said previously in this thread that if doc manages his minutes correctly he could have a pretty good year...but he definitely isnt the same player he was even 3 years ago and if he is forced into big minutes this year because of injuries to other players...dont expect him to be like he was 3 years ago

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

[QUOTE]Very deep team without a doubt. Scoring will not be a problem. I also see Shaq as a huge upgrade. Good luck to all the teams who have to match up against the Celtics starters or bench.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

On the Shaq note, I watched some of the Boston/Cleveland semis replays this weekend on NBATV and tried to focus on Shaq. If we get anything close to what he delivered for Cleveland we will be a great shape. Shaq/Perk is a wash at the free throw line, and Shaq's off. game is much MUCH better. His hands make him a clear cut advantage IMO over Perk. Let's not forget (for example) the Rondo pass to Perk on the baseline in game 1 that Perk couldn't handle. That was GAME right there.

I'm so excited about this line up..CAN'T WAIT!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : That bold face sentence is not true.  Lakers fans, and even the owner obsesses about catching and passing the Celtics for number of championships.  Guess you're not a true Lakers fan!
    Posted by beatles4eva[/QUOTE]

Obsessing is not the same as worrying the last time I looked.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. O'Neal, K.G., and Paul : Obsessing is not the same as worrying the last time I looked.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

Thought you were a Celtics fan?

And, yes, it is the same thing!

Sections
Shortcuts