Go WEST young man!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Go WEST young man!

In Response to Go WEST young man!:
    [QUOTE]We have survived with Nate as the back-up PG.  Not because of him, but inspite of him.  He is not a PG.  He trys, but ha little success.  He doesn't understand the position. Delonte West is better, career wise, in every catagory.  He is a better shooter,  ball handler, Rebounder, on Assists, Steals and game understanding.  He can defend 2 positions, and doesn't hog the ball, and pound it to death. We need Perk and Delonte back to balance this team. A 2nd unit of Perk  --  Davis  --  Delonte  -- Daniels  --  and a mix of Harangody  --  Nate  -- others, will allow Doc to rest the Big 4.  No more feast or famine with the back-up unit.  Or having to play PP or Ray all those minutes. Get with it Delonte.  We need you.  Perk is coming back, and you will be the icing on the cake.     
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Doc did say Perk would start when he came back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I do still feel we could use another wing player to bu Pierce. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Go WEST young man!:
    [QUOTE]I do still feel we could use another wing player to bu Pierce. 
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

Shhh!! Me too but you get ran off the board if you suggest making any changes to our outstanding bench. :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go WEST young man! : Shhh!! Me too but you get ran off the board if you suggest making any changes to our outstanding bench. :-)
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias -- Don't think anyone disputes that we'd like to have a Posey-esque (just not Posey in person) player on the bench... but with the age of the front line don't think tradind BBD Davis for a 12-14 mpg b/u 3 is smart.  So who is realistically available for Wafer, Robinson, Bradley and/or Harangody... think the answer is noone... maybe someone gets bought out in the future, but right now... who?  Also, the other thing that DWest's return allows is for Daniels to potentially fill that role - he won't be ads quick as TA but he will be an upgrade in virtually every other sense - rather than the point-forward he has had to play at times to shift Nate to the 2...  Thoughts...?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go WEST young man! : Shhh!! Me too but you get ran off the board if you suggest making any changes to our outstanding bench. :-)

I think you get the feedback you get because realistically, the choices are not good....the ones you present and any other REALISTIC options.  Camby is just older and not as fast + no outside jumper.  He rebounds and blocks shots better but that's all.  Any other options you've presented don't provide good tradeoffs either.

Its not that we don't want to improve the team, we don't want to go backwards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I know there isn't much out there. Sometimes I bring up stuff for discussion and debate. I just strongly feel Ainge will make a move. What move I don't know.

That's why they call him Trader Ainge. I can't remember a year that he didn't make a trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

idk why your presenting this idea..this is obviously why ainge signed delonte in the first place..he IS the backup pg, and nate will slide to the two spot. Our bench is going to be Delonte, Nate, Marquis, Baby, and Shaq. this is wat he foresaw wen he signed all these guys..this is why everyone says some ppl on this board are stupid for suggesting trades..what are we trading for wen we have even seen the group perform? PATIENCE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Guys what happens to our salary if JO does indeed have the season ending surgery.  Does it free up $$ towards the cap or just in luxury tax terms

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It doesn't free up anything unless he takes a buyout or retires...which I doubt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i agree 100% that we could use another wing as we are thin against muscular 3's like lebron.  so who's out there and who gets gone off of the roster to make room for this guy?  who's going to be traded to add this piece?

let's get down to it not just make blanket statements about getting run off the board. 

let's have a list of 6-6 guys who are 220 or bigger in size who are available.  i can't think of many.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

While talking about the bench I have to point out that JO leads the team in the blocks statistic per game.

Sections
Shortcuts