Gody?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Gody?

In response to the "Lasme?" thread, what about Harangody?  He is continually cemented to the bench?

It is common opinion that we need enregy and rebounding, Gody supplies both, yet he continues to sit.

He tore it up in the summer league, had a very solid pre-season, and then you never hear from him again other for ENTIRE 3 minutes for the whole year.  As small as a sample size it may be, even during those 3 minutes he played well.

Obviosuly he shouldn't be starting, or even the 1st man off the bench.   But, 3 minutes the intire year?  He is better than that.  Shouldn't he "at least" be given a try more frequently?  Answers to maybe our main weakness is sitting right there on the bench waiting to be called upon.  Yet "his phone" never rings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Gody?

In Response to Gody?:
    [QUOTE]In response to the "Lasme?" thread, what about Harangody?  He is continually cemented to the bench? It is common opinion that we need enregy and rebounding, Gody supplies both, yet he continues to sit. He tore it up in the summer league, had a very solid pre-season, and then you never hear from him again other for ENTIRE 3 minutes for the whole year.  As small as a sample size it may be, even during those 3 minutes he played well. Obviosuly he shouldn't be starting, or even the 1st man off the bench.   But, 3 minutes the intire year?  He is better than that.  Shouldn't he "at least" be given a try more frequently?  Answers to maybe our main weakness is sitting right there on the bench waiting to be called upon.  Yet "his phone" never rings.
    Posted by sjddaj[/QUOTE]

Since the Big 3 started theres been a clear pattern by Doc... no rookies get playing time, sometimes not even in a 20 point blowout with 3 mins to go.

Could be may reasons why but thats the result. I would like to see Gody play myself, I like his rebounding and shot alot... lots of hustle..  but I dont think its gonna happen. Same for Bradley.. when he heals up he'll be in the D league or a practice player..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

certainly west is going to have to be immediately worked into the rotation which further pushes the likelyhood of harongody getting any playing time further back.

obviously, the coaches do not think that he is ready to play yet.  he may have to just practice against the celtic's starting 5 all year in order to keep learning and getting better.

he may or may not ever be a contributing player in boston.  only time will tell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The D. League is where Danny should send Luke and Avery. I think they will learn more playing in games in the D.League that riding the pine in NBA games and practicing against first line NBA players once or twice  week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

The D league may be better, but if this is really Doc's philosphy, then you can't help to question his actual coaching credibility.  Maybe his sucsess comes from the team he is provived with every year rather than his actual coaching ability.

You play the players that give you the best chance to win.  That give you a spark when needed.  That takes care of the weaknesses that your team has.  REGARDLESS whether they are rookies or have played 20 years.

Do you really think that just because you are rookie, that you CAN'T provide more for a team than someone who isn't?   Can't help but to make you wonder about some of his desicion making if this is the way he "insists" on coaching.
    It make zero sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

Doc's been playing Erden. He played Baby.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

In Response to Re: Gody?:
    [QUOTE]The D league may be better, but if this is really Doc's philosphy, then you can't help to question his actual coaching credibility.  Maybe his sucsess comes from the team he is provived with every year rather than his actual coaching ability. You play the players that give you the best chance to win.  That give you a spark when needed.  That takes care of the weaknesses that your team has.  REGARDLESS whether they are rookies or have played 20 years. Do you really think that just because you are rookie, that you CAN'T provide more for a team than someone who isn't?   Can't help but to make you wonder about some of his desicion making if this is the way he "insists" on coaching. It make zero sense.
    Posted by sjddaj[/QUOTE]
    GET A CLUE  ...REALLY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

The Celtics are deep veteran team and while many fans would like to see bradley and Harangody get some minutes, it will not happen anytime soon unless we get an injury at the 4 spot (Assuming Gody can play the 4) And now with west coming back Avery's opportunity to play is even less than Gody's.

You cannot expect doc to play the 11th and 12th man on the bench. 

dboss

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I'm soooooooooooooo sick of all these posters who criticize Doc for not developing young players.  Let's see, he did a pretty good job with guys like Rondo, Davis, D. West, Powe, Gomes.

Saying Harangody should be playing because he "tore up the summer league" is pretty stupid.  How many guys in the summer league are starters or even play significant minutes??

The biggest factor on whether someone is worthy of playing time is whether they can play Celtic defense, yet you Doc critics never even acknowledge that.

Who are all these guys by the way that Doc hasn't developed properly??  Gerald Green?  Giddens?  Bill Walker?  I've yet to see one guy that the C's gave up on establish himself elsewhere yet people keep perpetuating this myth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'm soooooooooooooo sick of all these posters who criticize Doc for not developing young players.  Let's see, he did a pretty good job with guys like Rondo, Davis, D. West, Powe, Gomes . Saying Harangody should be playing because he "tore up the summer league" is pretty stupid.  How many guys in the summer league are starters or even play significant minutes?? The biggest factor on whether someone is worthy of playing time is whether they can play Celtic defense, yet you Doc critics never even acknowledge that. Who are all these guys by the way that Doc hasn't developed properly??  Gerald Green?  Giddens?  Bill Walker?  I've yet to see one guy that the C's gave up on establish himself elsewhere yet people keep perpetuating this myth.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Good post.

Some of them even said Bill Walker is the next Joe Johnson.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gody? : Good post. Some of them even said Bill Walker is the next Joe Johnson. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/bill_walker/
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Walker and Hudson had potential but for some reason never produced in practice and we only caught glimpses on the court.  After reading a BDC article on Hudson and the praise Rondo was giving him and then he was cut the next day or so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

I am not critisizing Doc, for I really don't know his coaching or development of players.  But judging by some of the other posters about rookies don't play (and they seem to be right with their statements) is why I question him.  You play the players that is going to give you the best chance to do well, regardless if he is a rookie or not.

My comment about the summer league I was just using what I had to go with.  Everything that Gody has shown, whether it is college, summer league, preseason, and the VERY FEW minutes he has played in the regular season he has been good.  But, he is hardly ever used.  Despite, maybe being needed for his rebounding and "spark".

I already posted that I don't expect him to start.  I already posted that I don't expect him to be the 1st man off the bench, getting meaningful minutes (in turn I was called stupid). 

But, 3 total minutes in 10 games?  Isn't that going to the extreme in the other direction?  How am I not suppossed to believe the other posters or question Doc (for the little that I know about him) about not playing rookies, regardless.  It seems to be right on.

I hope he proves me wrong (Gody did play a few moinuets tonight.  Finally!).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]The D league may be better, but if this is really Doc's philosphy, then you can't help to question his actual coaching credibility.  Maybe his sucsess comes from the team he is provived with every year rather than his actual coaching ability. You play the players that give you the best chance to win.  That give you a spark when needed.  That takes care of the weaknesses that your team has.  REGARDLESS whether they are rookies or have played 20 years. Do you really think that just because you are rookie, that you CAN'T provide more for a team than someone who isn't?   Can't help but to make you wonder about some of his desicion making if this is the way he "insists" on coaching. It make zero sense.

Umm yeah.  But the team is winning.  So you really can't argue with what he is doing. Can you?
    Posted by sjddaj[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts