Going on record today I never made fun of the Lakers going for it. I make fun of trolls who thought this team with no bench was a championship contender.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

Here is LA's situation. The have most of there cap number tied up in one player. Kobe Bryant will go down as one of the top 10 all time players no doubt about. I don't respect him as a man, but I do respect his skills and his accomplishments. That being said is Kobe worth $30 million today? Durant and Lebron make like half that number thus they have deeper teams and are real contenders.

The Lakers have yet to sign Howard to an extension and because Earl Clark was traded twice before coming to LA in the same year he is an unrestricted FA so LA can't match offers for him so he's gone. If LA doesn't make it and lose Clark and can't add any real pieces Howard is going to bolt. Yes he'll make a boat load of money and the best offer would be in LA, but Kobe is a year older, Gasol, Nash, Artest and Jamison are all a year older too and then you have to hope Hill is healthy because the rest of that bench is horrible.

Dallas set there team up to go after Howard as did Atlanta. Both have affordable stars already and can add a third even after paying Howard so those teams are closer to winning. If Howard signs in LA and that's a big if, the Luxury hit will be huge again and that money will be pushed on season ticket holders and if LA doesn't get a title before Kobe leaves they are going to be burning stuff. It's gonna get ugly. Especially if the Clippers continue to maintain this success.

I really think there window is now and Kobe knows it. He is the reason they are in this not the rest of this team. Howard most nights is a non factor. He doesn't make an impact on the game. I don't see him as a number one star. Hew never really was one in Orlando because I never saw him as a leader. You look at Kobe, Lebron, Pierce, KG, Duncan, Dirk. Those guys are leaders. Just like I don't see Rondo as our number one star I don't see Howard as a number one star anywhere he goes.

Paying him a max contract if he re-signs next year he would cost LA about $25 mil because of the luxry hit. I don't think Kobe is worth $30 mil at this stage, does anyone think Howard is worth $25? I certaintly don't and most real Laker fans don't think so either. Personally I find him less likable than Kobe. For all the foolishness you get out of Kobe he is a warrior. Howard is not.

I said it at the deadline LA had to do one or two things, Trade one or both of DH and Gasol and get younger and quicker to they could run Dantoni's offense or go for it this year. They have no pick and not making the playoffs and having no lottery pick with arguably 4 all star calibur players would be unacceptable in LA. They have pride, they are going for it and I don't blame them they have no other choice. There window is these last 18 or so games and the playoffs. These are desperate times for the Lakers whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

They are not deep enough to take OKC or the Spurs. I just don't see it. If they get out of the first round and take one of those teams out then all bets are off, but my prediction stands. Both OKC and the Spurs have size and depth. I commend them for going for it, but I predict they will be a one and done.

See trolls I'm not trashing your team. I'm laying the facts out there intelligently. I don't think you will grasp it, but there it is. 

Nicely put (and non-combatively).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Here is LA's situation. The have most of there cap number tied up in one player. Kobe Bryant will go down as one of the top 10 all time players no doubt about. I don't respect him as a man, but I do respect his skills and his accomplishments. That being said is Kobe worth $30 million today? Durant and Lebron make like half that number thus they have deeper teams and are real contenders.

The Lakers have yet to sign Howard to an extension and because Earl Clark was traded twice before coming to LA in the same year he is an unrestricted FA so LA can't match offers for him so he's gone. If LA doesn't make it and lose Clark and can't add any real pieces Howard is going to bolt. Yes he'll make a boat load of money and the best offer would be in LA, but Kobe is a year older, Gasol, Nash, Artest and Jamison are all a year older too and then you have to hope Hill is healthy because the rest of that bench is horrible.

Dallas set there team up to go after Howard as did Atlanta. Both have affordable stars already and can add a third even after paying Howard so those teams are closer to winning. If Howard signs in LA and that's a big if, the Luxury hit will be huge again and that money will be pushed on season ticket holders and if LA doesn't get a title before Kobe leaves they are going to be burning stuff. It's gonna get ugly. Especially if the Clippers continue to maintain this success.

I really think there window is now and Kobe knows it. He is the reason they are in this not the rest of this team. Howard most nights is a non factor. He doesn't make an impact on the game. I don't see him as a number one star. Hew never really was one in Orlando because I never saw him as a leader. You look at Kobe, Lebron, Pierce, KG, Duncan, Dirk. Those guys are leaders. Just like I don't see Rondo as our number one star I don't see Howard as a number one star anywhere he goes.

Paying him a max contract if he re-signs next year he would cost LA about $25 mil because of the luxry hit. I don't think Kobe is worth $30 mil at this stage, does anyone think Howard is worth $25? I certaintly don't and most real Laker fans don't think so either. Personally I find him less likable than Kobe. For all the foolishness you get out of Kobe he is a warrior. Howard is not.

I said it at the deadline LA had to do one or two things, Trade one or both of DH and Gasol and get younger and quicker to they could run Dantoni's offense or go for it this year. They have no pick and not making the playoffs and having no lottery pick with arguably 4 all star calibur players would be unacceptable in LA. They have pride, they are going for it and I don't blame them they have no other choice. There window is these last 18 or so games and the playoffs. These are desperate times for the Lakers whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

They are not deep enough to take OKC or the Spurs. I just don't see it. If they get out of the first round and take one of those teams out then all bets are off, but my prediction stands. Both OKC and the Spurs have size and depth. I commend them for going for it, but I predict they will be a one and done.

See trolls I'm not trashing your team. I'm laying the facts out there intelligently. I don't think you will grasp it, but there it is. 

Nicely put (and non-combatively).

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

You are laying no facts out.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You know nothing about NBA finances.

That was an ok effort you made at being a somewhat normal human being.

You failed, of course.

Are you really going to talk about a normal human being?  A troll that the only satisfaction you get is being combative with Celtic fans on a Celtic board.   You guys are really twisted. I can point you toward a very good doctor if you would like.  I am sure your not beyond help.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

But I'm just an idiot that has no clue.

+1

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Dfury,

Interesting summary. Unfortunately it'll mostly be wasted here. First, a lot of Celtics fans don't care about LAL. Second, as you probably know, you don't cast pearls in front of swine (aka trolls).

As for the summary itself, I'd add the argument of their coach. IMO, D'Antoni and current LAL are like a square peg and round hole.

And please, please - don't feed trolls.

AK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Dfury,

Interesting summary. Unfortunately it'll mostly be wasted here. First, a lot of Celtics fans don't care about LAL. Second, as you probably know, you don't cast pearls in front of swine (aka trolls).

As for the summary itself, I'd add the argument of their coach. IMO, D'Antoni and current LAL are like a square peg and round hole.

AK

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Dfury,

AK

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Dfury,

AK

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Dfury,

AK

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Dfury,

AK

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

sorry for multiple replies - 

something wrong with BDC.

AK

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

sorry for multiple replies - 

something wrong with BDC.

AK

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

I, for one will never care about being nice or politically correct on here as it pertains to the Fakers, because this is a Celtics site, not a Faker one. Therefore I will say anything good or bad that I want to about the stinking Fakers! If anyone doesnt like it, dont read it!! Get off of the Celtics board if you dont want to see your team trashed on a daily basis! It doesnt even matter who is better, the Fakers will always suck to us true green celtic fans! The trolls are just hilarious!! I am sure there will be alot of back and forth with the trolls about this, good thing I have them all blocked and wont know what they said!!! LMFAO!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

I, for one will never care about being nice or politically correct on here as it pertains to the Fakers, because this is a Celtics site, not a Faker one. Therefore I will say anything good or bad that I want to about the stinking Fakers! If anyone doesnt like it, dont read it!! Get off of the Celtics board if you dont want to see your team trashed on a daily basis! It doesnt even matter who is better, the Fakers will always suck to us true green celtic fans! The trolls are just hilarious!! I am sure there will be alot of back and forth with the trolls about this, good thing I have them all blocked and wont know what they said!!! LMFAO!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

a lot of Celtics fans don't care about LAL. 

A lot don't. But many do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

Dont' want to get into this with you.....but if they were NOT on here, I highly doubt the conversations would be about the lakers, other than transactions they make, or poking slight fun when they lose........they are our biggest rivals.

It's a Catch-22.  There are a lot of people who come on here to instigate......if they were not here.....well, I just think it would be better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

Dont' want to get into this with you.....but if they were NOT on here, I highly doubt the conversations would be about the lakers, other than transactions they make, or poking slight fun when they lose........they are our biggest rivals.

It's a Catch-22.  There are a lot of people who come on here to instigate......if they were not here.....well, I just think it would be better.