Going out on a limb here- not much of a reach, but RONDO = KISS OF DEATH to our offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Going out on a limb here- not much of a reach, but RONDO = KISS OF DEATH to our offense

look at us now.  suddenly terry can shoot.  jeff green gets shots up consistently, more people are contributing and doing better jobs.  this is no coincidence my friends.  we have been relieved of the horrid rogue, uncoachable, mercurial FARCE (not force) known as rondo. 

rondo, if actually coached early on, could have been the best in the business.  but nobody ever bothered to coach him- and I DO NOT BLAME RONDO- he had exactly ZERO EXPECTATIONS placed upon him by danny DerAinge'd and Rivers- he cut loose for some garbage time and was suddenly "the starter of our future" and that was that.

get rondo healthy, playing well, somehow, with the team winning and trade him out of town next year to the first sucker who will take him and give us a ham sandwich in return.  the guy was overrated and never had to be- just some work ethic and discernment to see what was right for the team instead of what was right for himself.

i'm glad to have a break from rajon.  it's made this team watchable again.  however, sullinger going out really sucks.  GOOD WORK KEEPING DARKO AROUND DOC!

danny better start lining up some trades for a PG and a big

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Going out on a limb here- not much of a reach, but RONDO = KISS OF DEATH to our offense

Team is playing better with Rondo right now but I assume they will come down to earth as other teams make adjustments and get their tails kicked in the postseason where Rondo played some amazing games. 

So far so good but I personally won't be on board with trading Rondo (except for top 10 NBA talent) unless I see this team do something in the postseason without him. 

But right now, the team is playing well and so far your argument holds up. But we played well in the regular season last year with Rondo as well. It was really Bradley and Rondo that was the key, so in many ways this is about Bradley being healthy. 

I realize you don't like Rondo so you are loving this but I want to see them do something in the postseason with this lineup, then I will back you. If we get swept by a Miami then it will be obvious to us all that the team's ceiling is higher with Rondo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Going out on a limb here- not much of a reach, but RONDO = KISS OF DEATH to our offense

(first line should say without Rondo - real fun not to have an editing function anymore)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

look at us now.  suddenly terry can shoot.  jeff green gets shots up consistently, more people are contributing and doing better jobs.  this is no coincidence my friends.  we have been relieved of the horrid rogue, uncoachable, mercurial FARCE (not force) known as rondo

Who knew that this team would not completely collapse when our 4 time ASPG and best player/MVP went down w/serious injury?

Why everyone in the known universe knew... with the exception of the 5-6 BDC posters who gaze continuously at their assorted R9R FatHead posters while doing their HS homework.

To them the Cs revival comes  as a TOTAL (and unwelcomed) surprise.

Pud 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I didn't see the game tonight.

Who primarily played the point ? Did Bradley play there at all and if so how did he do ? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Go figure when the underachievers play like they should they can beat bad teams. If anything this points out how unmotivated this team was. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

All I can say is I hope Rondo learns something by what he is seeing ou there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Unlikely.  It's known to many that Rondo is as stubborn as he is thick headed.   He's a 1 demensional player and is useless without ball hogging.  Therefore it's in his best interest to ball hog. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

It's sullinger. Look how much better we've played since he went down. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Go figure when the underachievers play like they should they can beat bad teams. If anything this points out how unmotivated this team was. 

they are forved to step up or look really bad.  Nothing to do w/ Rondo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Who primarily played the point ? Did Bradley play there at all and if so how did he do ? 

mainly Lee and Terry,  don't know where someone got Bradley.  He hardley ever handles the ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

It's sullinger. Look how much better we've played since he went down. 

+

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

look at us now.  suddenly terry can shoot.  jeff green gets shots up consistently, more people are contributing and doing better jobs.  this is no coincidence my friends.  we have been relieved of the horrid rogue, uncoachable, mercurial FARCE (not force) known as rondo. 

rondo, if actually coached early on, could have been the best in the business.  but nobody ever bothered to coach him- and I DO NOT BLAME RONDO- he had exactly ZERO EXPECTATIONS placed upon him by danny DerAinge'd and Rivers- he cut loose for some garbage time and was suddenly "the starter of our future" and that was that.

get rondo healthy, playing well, somehow, with the team winning and trade him out of town next year to the first sucker who will take him and give us a ham sandwich in return.  the guy was overrated and never had to be- just some work ethic and discernment to see what was right for the team instead of what was right for himself.

i'm glad to have a break from rajon.  it's made this team watchable again.  however, sullinger going out really sucks.  GOOD WORK KEEPING DARKO AROUND DOC!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Again, I am speechless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

PREACH, ACIE, PREACH! On the money baby....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

mainly Lee and Terry,  don't know where someone got Bradley.  He hardley ever handles the ball.

And Pierce!!  Bradley is not and never will be a point guard!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Celtics With Rajon Rondo
    This Season - Per 48 Minutes

ON COURTOFF COURT FG pct 45.9 45.2 3-pt FG pct 34.7 30.6 Assists 23.5 20.4 Points 93.8 90.7

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

sorry, the above didn't format correctly.

The left column is When Rondo is on court this year per 48 minutes, the right is when he has been off court per 48 minutes.

Just showing the stats.  don't everyone get all mad.

ON COURT

OFF COURT

FG pct

3-pt FG pct

Assists

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Team is playing better with Rondo right now but I assume they will come down to earth as other teams make adjustments and get their tails kicked in the postseason where Rondo played some amazing games. 

Let's just deal with the first part- OF COURSE WE NEED TO FIND SOME PG HELP

secondly- "in the post season where Rondo played some amazing games".

yes he did, and he also played a lot of clunkers too- he clearly sandbagged us in the regular "boring 82" and thought HE WAS GOOD ENOUGH to just "turn it on".  he's not, he wasn't and he never will be.  no "star" or ANY PLAYER in the history of the game has EVER been allowed to do this other than rondo!!!!

so for his "GREAT GAMES" in the post season- nice, he finally earns a consistent paycheck- until he hits a bump in the road that messes him up for a series or several games- if he actually HAD the fundamentals and most of all the MENTALS part of that- as in missing a few J's or a couple of FT's would not get inside his HEAD- we wouldn't have to do this pretend job of "i'm not worth trying in the regular season all the time, it's just a bother" bull crap.

someone name me some other players who sandbagged the boring 82 and only really tried in the playoffs.  names please.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

I consider Coach K of Duke to be a very knowledgeable BB coaching phenom........and there is a reason why after 2 days of Team USA practice he cut RR from the squad............(he gave Rondo the out not publicizing that he was cut by letting him say he had an injury)..........it was because he was a Rondo first athlete and didn't fit a "team" mode

ZACTLY- if K said "drive the ball and dish or draw a foul" or "take that open J when it's there" and then rondo didn't do it or talked flack or was just the usual indifferent b@@b of a player, then why do you want that on your team? 

rondo has always been ABOUT RONDO- what's best for rondo.  what's always been best for rondo is not to expose himself as an incompetent offensive player- so that means that the default setting in this formerly exciting, explosive potential player is to ball hog the rock on offense and draw the LIFE out of all the players running the shot clock down low nearly every time and then dumping it on someone else.

someone rolled out some WITH RONDO and WITHOUT RONDO stats- does the league keep "average rading of shot clock per posession when shot is taken" stats?  i can't find them.  but i guarantee you we were the POLAR OPPOSITE of the d'antonio 7 seconds or less system- i'd bet even fast breaks putbacks and all we average WITH RONDO under 10 seconds on the clock when someone is shanked into hurling up a sub optimal shot. 

what that does to players emotionally- to see their spots to get an open shot dry up, to have their work made harder for them is devastating emotionally- it's why ray couldn't take it any more and don't get me wrong- ray didn't have anything left to give either- but this year it's lee, terry, green all stinko and bass into another world of who knows what that has more to do with doc than anything else.

when CLUMPS of your roster all show up at once playing the worst ball of their career- it's never a coincidence.  running the shot clock all but OUT on a regular basis in a game is a demoralizing condition to work under.  this is what rondo gave us- it took the wind out of everyone's sails.