Going small never works

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Going small never works

I dont think anyone is arguing that he is much better at the 3, but what IM saying is its only one game against the defending world champs and all preseason J.G. has been effective at the 3 posting up and effective at the 4 going by his man. Just so happens Bosh is a legit 7 footer that can play defense and thats the best team we are gonna face so let the season play out before you deem the season a failure based on one game and one lineup that Doc used. He said he will use multiple lineups throughout and the main point Im making is we lost the game and not because of J.Greens lack of points. It was on defense where we ALL need to get better and WILL get better. 81 more games to go

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I repeat, the stats show that Green in not an effective 4.

Numbers don't lie.

[/QUOTE]

LA Lakers have a 0% winning percentage this season + offseason, worst in the league. Therefore they will remain the worst team in the league.

Numbers don't lie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I repeat, the stats show that Green in not an effective 4.

Numbers don't lie.

[/QUOTE]

thats like going off of the plus minus stat.   I have seen games where the most dominant player in the game of the winning team had the worst plus minus.  Your telling me that those numbers don't lie?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

When we won the title in 08, i remember one of the laker players saying, that the Celtics were so hard to play against because they were so long!!  It seems every year since Doc has gone smaller and smaller. Why do we have to match up with the Heat, why don't we make them match up with us? KG is much better when he has someone bigger than him playing beside him. I would have liked to seen Doc go with Rondo, Pierce, Green, KG and Darko or Sully and seen if the Heat could stop them!!  One thing i'm pretty sure of, you're not going to beat the Heat trying to match up with them!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When we won the title in 08, i remember one of the laker players saying, that the Celtics were so hard to play against because they were so long!!  It seems every year since Doc has gone smaller and smaller. Why do we have to match up with the Heat, why don't we make them match up with us? KG is much better when he has someone bigger than him playing beside him. I would have liked to seen Doc go with Rondo, Pierce, Green, KG and Darko or Sully and seen if the Heat could stop them!!  One thing i'm pretty sure of, you're not going to beat the Heat trying to match up with them!!

[/QUOTE]

You are correct if the Celts had a Dwight or a Bynum. But Darko and KG are just not inside the paint scorers.

Battier already proved, in the Finals, that if a big man is not a low post scorer, like Ibaka, then Battier can handle him.

The Celts just don't have a big that will force Miami to match-up with the Celts.

Sully tried, but he ended up getting blocked in the air. He didn't return after that.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not just talking about scoring. Perk wasn't an inside the paint scorer, but the other team didn't like to go inside the paint when he was there waiting for them. I would like to see if Darko could give us some of what Perkins did. He has the talent to rebound and block shots, we need to find out if he has the toughness to get it done!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

it depends,what the celtics have to do is match up in any situation.but my personal preference is low post offense

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm not just talking about scoring. Perk wasn't an inside the paint scorer, but the other team didn't like to go inside the paint when he was there waiting for them. I would like to see if Darko could give us some of what Perkins did. He has the talent to rebound and block shots, we need to find out if he has the toughness to get it done!!

[/QUOTE]

The Celts didn't lose because their interior defense was poor. It was the 3-pointers and outside shots that killed the Celts. Every time the Celts doubled Lebron or Wade, Ray, Battier, and Lewis made the Celts pay.

I think Darko will give us some of what Perk did. Doc just opted not to use Darko against the Heat.

[/QUOTE]
    he may just being careful with him, waiting on the injury to heal.  He got a extra 3 days rest.  I have no doubt he can give us more than Perk did.  Whether he does or not is a different story.  No doubt he has more talent.  I think he is going to play a major role for us this year if he doesn't try and do too much. Play good defense, block shots, and rebound,  and a little icing,  a few points.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Everytime I watch Green I see a soft player.  He doesn't ever step up despite his so called talent.  PP is ten times the player he is or will ever be.  He is plain and simple PP back up and should just be put in that roll.  He can not play 4 because he is soft.  Bass and Sully should man the 4, they are both bigger and tougher.   KG and Darko at 5.  We should try to match Miami we should build our team and let others react to our best.  I know there will have to be some adjusting to other teams but lets get our team rolling first.  I really like our guards now plenty of depth but one has to run the point for Rhondo consistantly.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I also wondered about that too.  I think that Doc got outcoached that first game.   He does need to make them match up to us not the other way around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Going small never works?

Oh well Kirk, according to some here.....going big never works either 'cause big  center now irrelevant in "modern nba" (I don't know what a modern NBA means).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to bigbostonceltics's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it depends,what the celtics have to do is match up in any situation.but my personal preference is low post offense

[/QUOTE]

Which translates into getting Big AL back pronto(remember the lights are still on, Big Guy). Reportedly his lateral movement(since last season) and passing have improved enough for us to consider having a twin tower inside/outside combo(w/ KG). Considering that they were originally traded for each other would add an irony savored by a select few. To quote a fellow militant,"whatever means necessary".

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bigbostonceltics's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which translates into getting Big AL back pronto(remember the lights are still on, Big Guy). Reportedly his lateral movement(since last season) and passing have improved enough for us to consider having a twin tower inside/outside combo(w/ KG). Considering that they were originally traded for each other would add an irony savored by a select few. To quote a fellow militant,"whatever means necessary".

[/QUOTE]

It would take Bass and 6m more worth of contracts to get Big Al.

If Ainge makes a move to get Big Al, I'm all for it too!

[/QUOTE]
    Actually, after reading all of these posts, I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge does trade for another big man.  Not sure when it would happen, but it may be something that Ainge is already considering. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I wouldnt go as far as "Going small never works". I think C's will reach Eastern Finals this year. I just think Doc has not found the formula to beat Miami and obviously going small against the Heat is not working.. Time will tell.. Steve Kerr mentioned that he would like to see how Miami stacks against Philly because of height. I agree. I think that might or might not give Doc some hints/clues on how to beat the Heat...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

right now we do not have a low post presence which makes the celtics one dimensional,we have to be able to score in the paint and draw fouls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, after reading all of these posts, I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge does trade for another big man.  Not sure when it would happen, but it may be something that Ainge is already considering. 

[/QUOTE]

The Celts have a surplus of Guards and PF/C. 

Only Jeff Green can't be traded because if the Celts trade Green, no one will help Pierce guard Lebron. Pierce and Green are the only SFs on the roster that Doc can use in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Lmao..... Green can is soft he will not be able to guard Lebron ever.  PP and Bass have to work  on LeBron in some sort of rotation.  Green is a useless as defender at this point especially against the best player in the league.  And we need to go bigger against Miami.  Don't play down to them,  make them adjust to us.  Doc is trying to match Miami because they are small....lets play celtics ball and make Miami react to us instead.   

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts