Going To Be A Great 4 Team Race For The East Next Season.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Going To Be A Great 4 Team Race For The East Next Season.......

I actually hope Chris Paul goes to the Magic which would give the East four powerhouse teams in the East next season. 

Heat - Lebron, Bosh, and Wade, those guy playing 38-44 minutes a game each will be scary and their bench is starting to come alive.  However they've got a couple question marks, is Bosh really that big time player, and can Wade and Lebron play well together.  

Celtics - We still have the big three along with a new star in Rondo can take pressure off the big three from scoring.  We still have a solid bench.  They key will be how Jermaine O'Neil plays.  If he can recapture 80 percent of his All-Star days, and Garnett can get back to close to his former self, we could have the dominate front court, especially with Big Baby and Perkins (when he's healthy.) 

Bulls - People are sleeping on the Bulls.   Derrick Rose is a superstar in the making.  Deng is a stud SF, Carlos Boozer is an excellent big man who can get you points and rebounds.  Noah is freak.  Plus they've also added Kurt Thomas, McGrady, and Kyle Korver which can give them a solid bench.     

Magic - If the Magic gets Chris Paul watch out, they'd be the favorite in the East.  Paul can score, help the average players look good, and get Howard a bunch of easy baskets a game.  Plus Howard is only getting better, which a great PG, he'd be almost unstoppable.  And Rasheed Wallace and Vince Carter aren't bad number 3 and 4 scorers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Going To Be A Great 4 Team Race For The East Next Season.......

Nice analysis -- I can hardly wait.

Who's yer pic to win it all?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Going To Be A Great 4 Team Race For The East Next Season.......:
    I actually hope Chris Paul goes to the Magic which would give the East four powerhouse teams in the East next season.  Heat - Lebron, Bosh, and Wade, those guy playing 38-44 minutes a game each will be scary and their bench is starting to come alive.  However they've got a couple question marks, is Bosh really that big time player, and can Wade and Lebron play well together.   Celtics - We still have the big three along with a new star in Rondo can take pressure off the big three from scoring.  We still have a solid bench.  They key will be how Jermaine O'Neil plays.  If he can recapture 80 percent of his All-Star days, and Garnett can get back to close to his former self, we could have the dominate front court, especially with Big Baby and Perkins (when he's healthy.)  Bulls - People are sleeping on the Bulls.   Derrick Rose is a superstar in the making.  Deng is a stud SF, Carlos Boozer is an excellent big man who can get you points and rebounds.  Noah is freak.  Plus they've also added Kurt Thomas, McGrady, and Kyle Korver which can give them a solid bench.      Magic - If the Magic gets Chris Paul watch out, they'd be the favorite in the East.  Paul can score, help the average players look good, and get Howard a bunch of easy baskets a game.  Plus Howard is only getting better, which a great PG, he'd be almost unstoppable.  And Rasheed Wallace and Vince Carter aren't bad number 3 and 4 scorers.
    Posted by DuncanOrange

Good post.

It's about time the East took back the competitive edge from the West.

Next season will be great, and I can't wait for the start of next season!

The Western Conference will be a wash with only the Lakers being dominant. Maybe the Blazers, Thunder and the Nuggets might have a sliver of a chance of getting the top spot in the West, but highly unlikely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes the East is now a beast with 4 VERY good 60 win clubs and the West is LA and 6-7 50 win teams.

I wouldn't sleep on Houston though. If Yao is back to being a 20-10-3 right away, they could threaten LA and also win 60+ games.

Current Celtic team (the roster we have now) is 4th best in East and would prob lose in the 2nd rd next year. If they add Shaq and a wing who can defend big 3's and be a true 6th man like posey was, then I'd make us thev favorites.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerjunkie. Show lakerjunkie's posts

Did McGrady sign with the bulls?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I also would add a 5th team to that list -- the Atlanta Hawks.  They had a good regular season last year and I think they learned a valuable lesson in the playoffs.  That should make them come back even stronger.  Other than the Celtics, their starting five has been together the longest of the other 4 teams.

With a new coach, I think the Hawks will again be a force this season.  And they are in the same division with Orlando and Miami.  That is going to be a dogfight.  Let them beat each other up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Whats sad is the Fakers will benefit from the East beating each other.  They will probably land the best record playing in the inferior west.  Won't matter they were lucky this year.  Won't happen next year.

I don't think the Hawks stand a snowballs chance in Hell of winning much in the East.  Not enough big guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

ATL and MIL aren't too shabby either.  Not sure what the status is on Redd, but if he can come back that would be huge for MIL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Celtics
    Heat
    Magic

Three team race and the Celtics will probably have to go through both to get back to get revenge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

In Response to Going To Be A Great 4 Team Race For The East Next Season.......:
    I actually hope Chris Paul goes to the Magic which would give the East four powerhouse teams in the East next season.  Heat - Lebron, Bosh, and Wade, those guy playing 38-44 minutes a game each will be scary and their bench is starting to come alive.  However they've got a couple question marks, is Bosh really that big time player, and can Wade and Lebron play well together.   Celtics - We still have the big three along with a new star in Rondo can take pressure off the big three from scoring.  We still have a solid bench.  They key will be how Jermaine O'Neil plays.  If he can recapture 80 percent of his All-Star days, and Garnett can get back to close to his former self, we could have the dominate front court, especially with Big Baby and Perkins (when he's healthy.)  Bulls - People are sleeping on the Bulls.   Derrick Rose is a superstar in the making.  Deng is a stud SF, Carlos Boozer is an excellent big man who can get you points and rebounds.  Noah is freak.  Plus they've also added Kurt Thomas, McGrady, and Kyle Korver which can give them a solid bench.      Magic - If the Magic gets Chris Paul watch out, they'd be the favorite in the East.  Paul can score, help the average players look good, and get Howard a bunch of easy baskets a game.  Plus Howard is only getting better, which a great PG, he'd be almost unstoppable.  And Rasheed Wallace and Vince Carter aren't bad number 3 and 4 scorers.
    Posted by DuncanOrange

Has Rasheed Wallace been traded to Orlando???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

Honestly, its a 3 team race in the East with Boston, Miami and Orlando, the 2nd tier teams(Atlanta,Chicago and Milwaukee) possibly are capable of some upsets here and there, the rest(CHarlotte, NY, Cleveland [ LOL! ] ) or whoever is still just cannon fodder...........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

jonrob777, does that mean Rashard Lewis is on the Celtics and will backup Pierce at the 3 or KG at the 4?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Going To Be A Great 4 Team Race For The East Next Season.......:
    Yes the East is now a beast with 4 VERY good 60 win clubs and the West is LA and 6-7 50 win teams. I wouldn't sleep on Houston though. If Yao is back to being a 20-10-3 right away, they could threaten LA and also win 60+ games. Current Celtic team (the roster we have now) is 4th best in East and would prob lose in the 2nd rd next year. If they add Shaq and a wing who can defend big 3's and be a true 6th man like posey was, then I'd make us thev favorites.
    Posted by rameakap

Who are the 4 teams in the East who will win 60 games?  I know you aren't counting the Celtics to win 60 games?  I honestly do not think we're better now than we were last year so how do you equate that to 60 wins?

You sound like Sheed and his 70-win prediction of a year ago.  The Celtics were just THREE games better than Miami last year.  We won 50 games and struggled to do that.  We started out the block at 23 - 5.  I think you're being very optimistic about that prediction of 60 wins.

Orlando's better, Miami's better, Chicago is better and if Atlanta gets Shaq, they will be much improved.  I am not so sure we'll see a 60 win team in the east.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

In Response to Re: Going To Be A Great 4 Team Race For The East Next Season.......:
    jonrob777, does that mean Rashard Lewis is on the Celtics and will backup Pierce at the 3 or KG at the 4?
    Posted by Petey62

Lol 

Sections
Shortcuts