Golden State offering better deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Golden State offering better deal?

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/19/5825158/nba-trade-rumor-wolves-and-warriors-discussing-kevin-love-trade" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/19/5825158/nba-trade-rumor-wolves-and-warriors-discussing-kevin-love-trade

Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee

It seems like klay will be involved, interestingly mn willin to throw in 13th pick to gsw to make it happen, so I guess flip saunders truly doesnt value draft picks and wants the established players instead. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Re: Golden State offering better deal?

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/19/5825158/nba-trade-rumor-wolves-and-warriors-discussing-kevin-love-trade" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/19/5825158/nba-trade-rumor-wolves-and-warriors-discussing-kevin-love-trade" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/19/5825158/nba-trade-rumor-wolves-and-warriors-discussing-kevin-love-trade

Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee

It seems like klay will be involved, interestingly mn willin to throw in 13th pick to gsw to make it happen, so I guess flip saunders truly doesnt value draft picks and wants the established players instead. 

[/QUOTE]
    Who knows what is real, but I think this trade rots for minni.  Thompson is good, in exactly 2 years he is gone.  You lose the 13th pick, which could be solid.  Barrea is decent.  David Lee got hurt while I was typing this.  Once lee is hurt, the lineup is Pekovic, Rubio, Thompson, ? at pf, ? at sf.  Good luck in the west.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Depends what MN is looking for.  Remember the rigged Gasol trade of 2008............CHI had the better offer, but MEM wanted to pare salary............enter the lakers!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to myurkus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/19/5825158/nba-trade-rumor-wolves-and-warriors-discussing-kevin-love-trade" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/19/5825158/nba-trade-rumor-wolves-and-warriors-discussing-kevin-love-trade" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/19/5825158/nba-trade-rumor-wolves-and-warriors-discussing-kevin-love-trade" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/19/5825158/nba-trade-rumor-wolves-and-warriors-discussing-kevin-love-trade" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/19/5825158/nba-trade-rumor-wolves-and-warriors-discussing-kevin-love-trade

[/QUOTE]
    Who knows what is real, but I think this trade rots for minni.  Thompson is good, in exactly 2 years he is gone.  You lose the 13th pick, which could be solid.  Barrea is decent.  David Lee got hurt while I was typing this.  Once lee is hurt, the lineup is Pekovic, Rubio, Thompson, ? at pf, ? at sf.  Good luck in the west.

[/QUOTE]
    Thompson has actually only 1 more season on rookie deal. Lee has had some injury issues but so has kevin love. I personally think that this is still a better deal than what the cs are offering simply becuz you are getting 2 starters on a playoff team. The wolves have needed a 2 guard forever and thompson is one of the best and youngest out there. Lee is a poor mans kevin love. To me Sully is a good player but right now he wouldnt be a starter on most playoff  teams. With the 3 pics we send out in the trade who knows how high they will be and how good?   

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sully is the Kevin Love of the east.

I won't be disappointed if the Celts don't get Love.

Celts fans might end up thanking the Wolves, in the not so distant future, for letting us keep Sully.

[/QUOTE]

Agree but,  I don't see why GSW would give all that up for Love?? Would their defense suffer?  Would they be a better team? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree but,  I don't see why GSW would give all that up for Love?? Would their defense suffer?  Would they be a better team? 

[/QUOTE]

Teams like the Warriors just want to be relevant.

Adding star power is good for business.

Come on, the Warriors are nowhere near contenders with or without Kevin Love.

Might as well settle for the next best thing, MONEY!

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. Curry, Love, Iggy, Bogut is a pretty badazz core.  You have elite level shooting, penetration, rebounding, speed, size, and passing Just from those four guys. That offense can play half court or fast break basketball with the best of them. 

They also have scoring off the bench with Ol' Pal Crawdaddy and Speights.  Really all they would need to do is add some vets and defensive utility guys to that bench and they would most certainly be contenders, even in the west.

I actually don't see the the logic on the part of the TWolves. Why the heck would they want to help yet another western conference team build a long term powerhouse????  Do they think they are really going to build a team that has any chance whatsoever against them, OKC, LAC, HOU, SAS, with Klay Thompson as their best player?? It's borderline Lunacy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Minny has no choice.  Love has said he wants to leave and wants to go to a contending team.  Minny draft picks and tradings have been atrocious over the years.  They are victims of their own mismanagement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'm guessing minnesota is tired of being a D-league team in that they draft early, develop decent players and then they bolt for greener and less frozen pastures. in a way i feel sorry for the handful of team that constantly develop young talent for the rest of the league to poach when the time comes. so i can understand why they'd prefer currently decent players to draft picks. that said, the team that minnesota would end up with if they trade with GSW is still not a good team. and why the heck would minnesota send a draft pick to GSW? that part made no sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

[QUOTE]

Celts fans might end up thanking the Wolves, in the not so distant future, for letting us keep Sully.

[/QUOTE]
    I don't know if Sully can put up KLs stats next year but, I totally agree with the rest of what you said.

Actually that's a decent deal for both. If I had a chance at any of those players I would want Thompson. I feel KT is the next RA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We won't know until the trade is made, also Love has to want to go there, though as a Cali boy I'm sure he wouldn't object to GS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[/QUOTE]

I actually don't see the the logic on the part of the TWolves. Why the heck would they want to help yet another western conference team build a long term powerhouse????  Do they think they are really going to build a team that has any chance whatsoever against them, OKC, LAC, HOU, SAS, with Klay Thompson as their best player?? It's borderline Lunacy!

[/QUOTE]

This is a very good point. Trading your best player within your division or conference is avoided in all professional sports, so why would Minnesota shoot itself in the foot (no Embiid reference) - just to avoid another trade to the Celtics? If owners or GMs make mistakes, why would they blame their trading partners who simply took an opportunity that was presented to them?  DA didn't attempt to strip Minnesota or steal KG, although that was the sum effect; they traded KG, and no one made them do it. I might understand the enmity if a team did something unethical to get a player, but that wasn't the case. Are the 'Wolves run by six-year olds? There has been a lot of absurd talk of elite FA players not wanting to come to Boston, but how many of them want to go to Minnesota?  Would Thompson stick past next year? Probably not, and then what does Minnesota get long-term from a Love-for-Lee trade?  Despite GSW's assets, a Boston trade can make Minnesota better in the next three years and beyond. Unless they want to move by killing their own fan base in Minneapolis/St. Paul.  Lest we forget, another NBA team from Minnesota moved away to greener (and warmer) pastures.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Somewhere, Mark Jackson is getting really annoyed by all of this................

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agreed that trading Love within the conference for the chance to "stay competitive" seems like backward thinking.  IF the Wolves trade Love to GSW they made their chance at the playoffs harder to attain.  As others mention, if Thompson walks during UFA will the Wolves have been better off "staying competitive" for a few years or taking maybe less talented players (Oly or Sully) but getting multiple picks from the C's to draft and develop players?  If I'm the Wolves, I'd think the draft picks, esp. the Brooklyn picks, would be the better haul.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed that trading Love within the conference for the chance to "stay competitive" seems like backward thinking.  IF the Wolves trade Love to GSW they made their chance at the playoffs harder to attain.  As others mention, if Thompson walks during UFA will the Wolves have been better off "staying competitive" for a few years or taking maybe less talented players (Oly or Sully) but getting multiple picks from the C's to draft and develop players?  If I'm the Wolves, I'd think the draft picks, esp. the Brooklyn picks, would be the better haul.  

[/QUOTE]

+1

[object HTMLDivElement]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It is now getting out of hand.

First, Flip wants vet players - so GSW offers Lee and Barnes.

Then, Flip wants Thompson - GSW says okay.

Now, the "holdup" is - Flip wants  a future first rounder..................

As much as we (some of us) like Love - aren't we glad, down deep, that we are not involved in this nonsense?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As much as we (some of us) like Love - aren't we glad, down deep, that we are not involved in this nonsense?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is what I'm feeling too. Danny should officially and ceremoniously take the C's out of the running, citing "irreconcilable differences" 

make a statement like, "We here in Boston like to employ ethics, discretion, and maturity as cornerstone virtues when conducting business. When a partnering entity shows that it doesn't value such virtues in the same regard, then we must make the decision that it might not be the best fit for us, business wise. With this in mind we have decided to pull out of any discussions involving Kevin Love and the Minnesota Timberwolves."

I know he would never say that, but I don't see how it would be any worse than when Flip Saunders called Celtics fans delusional.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think we are.

[/QUOTE]

I think people here nailed it, if they have to loose Love, their best course is draft picks.  They risk loosing good vets if they can't turn it around and be relevant in a meaningful way quickly.  And loosing the best piece in a deal is not the way to improve and become a playoffs team.  Not that I am a big Love proponent, but phooey if the Celtics have a worse deal on the table.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]     +1

Sections
Shortcuts