Golden State Punches LAKERS in the GRILL for their 3rd Straight LOSS!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Golden State Punches LAKERS in the GRILL for their 3rd Straight LOSS!!!

LOL.....

Its funny even the golden state announcers mentioned how the lakers looked tired and is the team with the fewest back to backs in the league.  

I wonder what excuses the trolls will have????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Golden State Punches LAKERS in the GRILL for their 3rd Straight LOSS!!!

lol  we all must have clicked submit at the same time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

*throws up confetti*

That's what's up! David Lee was killin' em on the boards. I thought it was Kevin Love playing for the Warriors for a second there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Finally seeing them slow a bit. 15-1 was ridiculous 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I didnt realize the Lakers had the fewest back2backs in the NBA. Is that really true?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Lakers are also on track to be to be the least penalized team in the history.  According to Michael Holly.  They were the least penalized team last year as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

So if the Lakers and the Celtics finish with the same record, who earns the tiebreaker? I can't seem to figure it out. When I read the rules, I think the Celtics win. But I read somewhere else on ESPN that the Lakers have it. Who is right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Golden State Punches LAKERS in the GRILL for their 3rd Straight LOSS!!!:
    [QUOTE]LOL..... Its funny even the golden state announcers mentioned how the lakers looked tired and is the team with the fewest back to backs in the league.   I wonder what excuses the trolls will have????
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

I posted this separately entitled "Kobe Bryant and Lakers limping into Playoffs"
    and it's really more appropriate here:

Truth be told I must admit I was feeling despondent with our slump coupled with the Lakers going 17 - 1  after the Allstar game.  Did they peak too soon? Hmmm….maybe I wish they had gone 25-1 and hit this slump in the 1st round of playoffs.

Anyway, I am a long time Celtic fan going back to Cousy/Sharman days born & spent 21 years in New England but now over 45 years in the West Coast Bay Area…nice place similar to Boston and night and day different from LA.

I hate the Lakers, firstly because I'm a Boston fan, roots run deep, and a local fan 2nd so I see a lot of the Lakers vs. Golden State & West Coast teams. Last night while at the game and hearing a chant that the Bostonians use, I participated in "Beat LA, Beat LA ". Alas, the Lakers got off to a 10-0 start and I had a sick lump in my throat based on the past.  The Lakers had swept the season series with the Warriors four of the past five seasons and had won 26 of the past 29 meetings.

Thought you'd enjoy a few paragraphs I copied & pasted from a local paper…

Updated Apr 7, 2011 2:10 AM ET
    OAKLAND, CALIF. (AP)

"That remarkable start after the All-Star break for the Los Angeles Lakers suddenly seems like a distant memory.

The Lakers looked awful in defeat for the second straight night against an inferior opponent and third game overall. They lost all chance of catching the Spurs for home-court advantage in the playoffs.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson was short on words after the loss but vowed he wouldn't rest his starters over the final four games, even though there's nothing at stake.

''They rested tonight,'' Jackson said.

Kobe Bryant had 25 points and Pau Gasol scored 18 for the Lakers, who also lost at home to short-handed Utah on Tuesday night. Los Angeles, which started 17-1 after the All-Star break, also lost to the Warriors for the first time in 12 games.

''We looked a little heavy, a little sluggish,'' Bryant said. ''We looked a little fatigued. Guys have to really take care of their bodies and get rest when they need to and get re-energized a little bit.''

Bryant brought the Lakers within eight points in a frantic rally in the fourth quarter, but all that did was make the final score seem close. The Warriors trounced Los Angeles for most of the game and relished every second of it afterward.

A night after a lazy loss at home to the depleted Jazz, the Lakers might have played even worse in ending any chance of earning the top seed in the Western Conference. San Antonio's victory over Sacramento, combined with the Lakers' loss, gave the Spurs home-court advantage throughout the West playoffs.

The Lakers were in constant confusion and made mistake after mistake - often in glaring fashion - with Bryant shouting at teammates seemingly after every one. Some passes went into the stands, shots weren't falling and there was little hustle.

Not exactly the kind of performances the two-time defending champions wanted in the home stretch of the regular season.

The Warriors, who handed out ''Beat LA!'' posters to every fan, withstood Bryant's burst in the first quarter that put Los Angeles ahead by 12 points early

''We're not locked in,'' Bynum said. ''We're complacent. I just think we're going out there and playing kind of stupid basketball. We know that come playoff time, everything's going to be fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's hope they can't just turn it on in the playoffs and that our recent slump is over & we demonstrate that even though we've won 2 in a row by beating the Bulls on their court. And we still have a chance for # 1 seed in the East but , at least, let's get homecourt over the Lakers.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I think they'll still be in the finals. to me the only team that can unseat them in the west is the Thunder. I just want Boston to meet them with home court this time. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Thunder will be a tough one for the fakers.

Artest has been having trouble defending Durant. Fisher will have to defend (WTH) Westbrook and Ibaka/Perkins bring enough size to contain Gasol/Bynum...

It will be an awesome series. Hope they make it and beat the fakers!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

with all due respect, I see this as inconsequential.

Law of averages is kicking in after their 10 game win streak.  They're still a very good team, even if I do think that the Spurs or Mavericks are coming out of the West, with the Thunder and Lakers coming second (seeding really matters here - I'd love to see the Lakers draw the Thunder in the second round)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

It still helps.  Of course they're an excellent team but it actually helps us psychologically to see that they're human and beatable.  Not to mention it helps even out the won-loss records.  THANK YOU WARRIORS!!!!!!