Golden State's Thompson available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russellrules11. Show Russellrules11's posts

Golden State's Thompson available

If he is available for Wolves, why don't we make a run at him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Golden State's Thompson available

In response to Russellrules11's comment:

Is this a real question?

Ummm, cuz we don't have Kevin Love?

And Golden State is torn on even giving him up for Love... yeesh.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to Russellrules11's comment:

go easy on the new guys, huh?

Is this a real question?

Ummm, cuz we don't have Kevin Love?

And Golden State is torn on even giving him up for Love... yeesh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

They have taken him off the table, and Celtics are back on top.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KamikazeKnight00. Show KamikazeKnight00's posts

I am pretty sure Thompson is off the table. I don't think he ever truly was available.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Those tracking this story know that Golden State's owner and management are NOT on the same page in terms of moving Thompson. So no, he is not available...nor do we have the pieces to get him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russellrules11. Show Russellrules11's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Those tracking this story know that Golden State's owner and management are NOT on the same page in terms of moving Thompson. So no, he is not available...nor do we have the pieces to get him

Great info

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Mployee

Reason why you're confused is also the same reason why until now you have not gotten one single prediction right.

You're simply not that knowledgeable when it comes to the NBA business.

The owner of the Wolves, Glen Taylor, don't want to give the Celts another gift.

Glen Taylor still has not gotten over giving the Celts KG and the Celts immediately winning a championship after acquiring KG.

So you're wondering why the Wolves would take #7 instead of #6?

The answer is very obvious and you can't figure it out.

HAHAHA

BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Look who's talking about not getting predictions right. You must have fungus in your brain...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Thompson, as of now, if OFF the table.  Who will blink first?

The reason the lakers are involved is because of the media.  In case "we" haven't noticed, they are involved in every trade.  Someone puts their name out there, but the sources are not credible at all.

Lastly, Mychal Thompson is the color commentator for the lakers, and this is his son.............."wouldn't it be nice to have a second generation laker?" 

It's all BS - Klay will either be with the Warriors, or the T-Wolves.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Thompson, as of now, if OFF the table.  Who will blink first?

The reason the lakers are involved is because of the media.  In case "we" haven't noticed, they are involved in every trade.  Someone puts their name out there, but the sources are not credible at all.

Lastly, Mychal Thompson is the color commentator for the lakers, and this is his son.............."wouldn't it be nice to have a second generation laker?" 

It's all BS - Klay will either be with the Warriors, or the T-Wolves.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

Great post

I don't think a lot of people realize that Thompson and Lee and statistically, talent wise and even their ages are the same as Martin and Love.

The headliners:

Love is 25

Thompson is 24

The secondary/veteran guys:

Lee is 31

Martin is 31

I think the sticking point with Thompson vs Love is that Thompson is considered a very good perimeter defender and two way player, a rarity in this league. Lee, Martin and Love are all mediocre defenders.

Someone said that the Warriors would include Thompson in a deal for a 25 year old KG in a heartbeat. Of course they would. That is b/c KG was a yearly candidate for defensive player of the year in addition to being an unselfish 21-24ppg guy who dished out 3-4 assists a game.

There are no 25 year old Kevin Garnett's in the NBA. The closest thing to him is a 29 year old Noah (KG's D and 50% of his offense), a 28 year old Aldridge (KG's offense, 75% of his defense) and a 21 year old Anthony Davis (who just put up better stats his age 21 season than KG did his age 21 season in 1998). Davis is untouchable. But I think the Warriors would trade Lee and Thompson for Noah/Jimmy Butler or for Aldridge/Wesley Matthews, so it shows just how far defense can go in this league. Of course Butler being 25 and Matthews 28 and both better defenders than the 31 year old Martin helps even out those trade ideas. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah, great posts Mployee and Hedley

When it comes to Thompson think about it from Golden State's perspective:

Lee will cost 30 million over 2 years, through age 33, then (if healthy) could be signed for a slightly above MLE rate of 6-7 million a year for 4 years to end his career in Golden State. 6 years of Lee for 57 million, 9.5 million a year. He'd go from the 19/10 guy he was the last 3 years to a 16/8 guy the next 3 years and then maybe a big drop to a 10/6 guy his age 35-37 years. But that is 9.5 million for a 13/7 at the PF spot the next 6 years.

Love would be the #2 option in Golden State, a fact not lost upon them. Curry is not taking less shots (almost 18 a game last year), Love was at 18.5 attempts a game in Minny. He is entering his prime. If he becomes slightly more efficient with Curry alongside him he can probably average his 25/13 on 17 shots a game over the next 6 years of which he will cost 15.7 and then a max extension of 30% of the salary cap, say a 68 million cap, that means year 1 is 20.5 with raises he ends up at like 5/125. So 6 years 140 million for that 25/13 over 6 years 57 for 13/7. You double to get double right?

Martin scored 19 points as the Wolves 2nd scoring option in 32 minutes a game. He took 15 shots a game and his shooting percentages were 43/39. On the Warriors he'd go back to being option #3 like he was in OKC with a superior high volume shooter like Curry (Durant). In OKC he played 28 minutes, scored 14 points on 10 shots a game and had better looks and higher percentages of 47/43. Martin is owed 21 million over 3 years, after that he could get a Ray Allen taxpapyer MLE contract of like 3/12 for ages 35-37. So 5.5 million over the next 6 years to watch his numbers steadily drop from like 13-15ppg the next 2 years to 10-12 the two after that to 7-9 his final 2 years. So like 11 points a game and mediocre defense turning into horrible defense by his mid-30's at 5.5 million.

Thompson is still improving entering his 4th year in the league, he pretty much shared the #2 scorer role with Lee, being given 15.5 shots a game (basically what Martin took in MN). In Minnesota he'd be expected to be the #1 scorer, would take over Love's 18.5 shots and probably, with his slight improvement, become like James Harden, exploding for 25 a game. If he stayed in Golden State as the 2nd banana he would still be expected to take 17 shots and be a 21-23ppg scorer for his entire prime. After one more year at 4.5m he gets the Harden 5/85 extension and so he averages 15 million for 6 years. His offense is worth double Martin's, but his defense, already very good with the chance to be elite, is easily worth paying him triple. So again, you get triple to pay for triple.

The players are the same ages.

6 years of Thompson and Lee is like 25 million for 35 points and better defense. 6 years of Love and Martin is like 30 million for 35 points and worse defense.

No wonder the Warriors hesitate to do this. Especially when they are also being asked to kick in a draft pick. Curry(23), Thompson(20) and Lee(17) would throw up 60 points with better defense next season. Curry(22), Love(24) and Martin(14) would throw up 60 points with a couple more rebounds. It is a WASH. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Right back at ya, Rame.

Read today - "lakers one of the teams in the hunt for Love....."

REALLY??????  Who are they going to trade for him, Kendall Marshall..........geeez!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

These two trades seem fair to me:

Golden State --> Love, Martin, Barea, the #13 pick in the draft

Minnesota --> Lee, Thompson, Speights, Draymond Green, Nedovic (for $) and Warriors '15 1st rd pick

or

Golden state --> Love, Brewer, Budinger

Minnesota --> Lee, Speights, Barnes, Nedovic (for $) and Warriors '16 1st rd pick

In the first trade Minny gets to swap the Barea/Speights contracts, save a little cash and then in order to convince Golden State to give up Thompson has to swap the 13th pick for Green, a decent player who will be a career 7p/6r guy in 22 mins off the bench.

In the 2nd trade Minny gets Barnes instead of Thompson, keeps Martin as their sharp shooting 2 guard and Barea at 1 year 4.5 over Budinger at 2/10. They also add a future 1st and don't give up pick 15. The Warriors get a guy in Brewer who fits their system better than Barnes, since as a playoff team they need a do-everything good nothing great glue guy who can defend guys like Durant, Leonard, Harden and Batum over a 22 year old who needs 30+ minutes to develop and hasn't found his role or fit yet.

C - Bogut, Ezeli

PF - Love, Green

SF - Iguadala, Brewer

SG - Thompson, Budinger (Iggy will play all backup SG mins)

PG - Curry, MLE pickup like Ridnour/Chalmers or keep Jordan Crawford 

That team can title contend

The Warriors would be wise to not give up Thompson, if they did, they will need to get Barea and the 13th pick back as well. Then they could draft James Young or TJ Warren and get that young scorer/perimeter defender back. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think Love will eventually get traded to GSW.  I think Melo will eventually go to the Bulls, where Tibs will MAKE him play D..................and once DA and Daryl Morey figure this out, I think that would pave the way for a Green and Rondo trade to HOU.

Rondo, Harden, Green, Jones and DH is a pretty good starting 5.

btw - anyone else like Bogans and Fav to the Bulls for #19 and their expirings?  Just thought of that, it would free up about 8 mill of cap space for Melo!  (or Love)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think Love will eventually get traded to GSW.  I think Melo will eventually go to the Bulls, where Tibs will MAKE him play D..................and once DA and Daryl Morey figure this out, I think that would pave the way for a Green and Rondo trade to HOU.

btw - anyone else like Bogans and Fav to the Bulls for #19 and their expirings?  Just thought of that, it would free up about 8 mill of cap space for Melo!  (or Love)

I posted Bogans, Johnson and '15 Clips pick for Dunleavy, Snell and pick 19 earlier today. Saves them 6 million for Melo. They don't really have other contracts on the books besides the soon to be amnestyed Boozer.

I agree with you on the above post.

Some changes will get made in the GSW/MN trade talks, either Thompson and Green go with pick 13 coming back, or Barnes and a GS pick goes instead of Thompson with Brewer and a bad contract like Budinger coming back.

We can help the Bulls get Melo with the above mentioned trade.

We can take Asik for the TPE and agree to swap the Bulls pick 19 for the Rockets pick 25

Then when the Rockets don't get Melo, LeBron or Kyle Lowry we can swoop in with Rondo, Green and Faverani (24.5 million) for Lin (1 year 15), Parsons (signed and traded 4/48 starting at 11), Motiejunas (2 more years on rookie contract 1.5/2.3 then 3.3 QO) and their 2015 and 2017 first round picks.

Rondo for Parsons is fair. Green for an expiring and two 1st rd picks in the 20's is fair. Fav, the imemdiate Gortat light backup for Howard is fair for a young big with some upside who hasn't shown much yet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I posted Bogans, Johnson and '15 Clips pick for Dunleavy, Snell and pick 19 earlier today. Saves them 6 million for Melo. They don't really have other contracts on the books besides the soon to be amnestyed Boozer.

I agree with you on the above post.

Some changes will get made in the GSW/MN trade talks, either Thompson and Green go with pick 13 coming back, or Barnes and a GS pick goes instead of Thompson with Brewer and a bad contract like Budinger coming back.

We can help the Bulls get Melo with the above mentioned trade.

We can take Asik for the TPE and agree to swap the Bulls pick 19 for the Rockets pick 25

Then when the Rockets don't get Melo, LeBron or Kyle Lowry we can swoop in with Rondo, Green and Faverani (24.5 million) for Lin (1 year 15), Parsons (signed and traded 4/48 starting at 11), Motiejunas (2 more years on rookie contract 1.5/2.3 then 3.3 QO) and their 2015 and 2017 first round picks.

Rondo for Parsons is fair. Green for an expiring and two 1st rd picks in the 20's is fair. Fav, the imemdiate Gortat light backup for Howard is fair for a young big with some upside who hasn't shown much yet.

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1

Can't wait for Thursday!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hedley,

Getting Vonleh, Warren and Napier at 6, 17 and 25 and then making your trade with Houston would be fun.

Boston fans would LOVE these guys:

Asik - Interior defense, a big block and slam per game, lunch pail guy blue collar fans love, although he does whine like a soccer player a but too much

Vonleh - Huge upside and grew up in Boston

Napier - Known winner who can help run the point right away for the departed Rondo and grew up in Boston

Parsons - A younger/better version of what we thought we were getting in Wally Z but not as good as the guy Stevens would want in Hayward. But Parsons is a less athletic/worse on D Jeff Green who at least will bring his 16/5 on a nightly basis and not tantalize us and annoy us as much.

Sully - Perfect name for a Boston guy, could develop into a 20-10.

Olynyk - Old school game that combines a lesser Divac a center with a lesser Tom Chambers at PF into a better Christian Laettner as a 6th man at both PF-C who shoots 3's. Reminds us of the days McHale, a player more talented than Max, came off the bench (Olynyk will be more talented than Asik after next year if Asik signs an extension, but will not start over him, will close the game though for FT shooting).

Lin - Linsanity! Haha, hey he is a Harvard guy.

Bradley - Finally healthy and takes them next step for a SG that Leonard took for a SF this year. They are the same age.

Warren - Scoring machine with maniacal energy and disruptive defense will be a perfect complement to Parsons at the 3 and they can play together at times as well. Could turn into a Caron Butler, Mark Aguirre, Xavier McDaniel type. Guys who were never 3 point shooters but somehow found their way to a bunch of 18-23 point, 5-6 rebound seasons and a few all-star games.

We all like Pressey and Bass as well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rame - what are these "experts" thinking with Warren at 22??

Do you think there is any way he lasts that long?  I'd take him at 14!

Sections
Shortcuts