Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

Celtics:

Tayshaun Prince

Missing link for 2+ years battle tested tall defensive SF to guard James/Deng/Hedo/Chandler/Gallo in the playoffs. an upgrade to Daniels. JON was original stopgap for Perk before Shaq took vet min and Semih showed he could play. No need for JON w/ Perk back. Any major frontcourt injury after such a trade could be patched up by Sheed being coaxed back.

Pistons:

Avery Bradley
    Celts 1st rd pick '11
    Posey
    AJ Price/Von Wafer filler
    Indy 2nd rd pick and/or Celts 2nd if above is no enough

Between Avery (major upside) Price (solid/better 3rd string now) or both they get a young PG for the future. 1st rd picks are always worth something. Posey gives them some of Prince's mins and veteran presence but lets them play Daye more AND get a better lotto pick for a disgruntled vet on his way to free agency.

Pacers:

Jermaine O'Neal
    Marquis Daniels

Pacers get two former players back in push to get 7th or 8th seed. JON said he wnats to retire a Pacer. They are fine @ SF w/ Granger and Dunleavy and PG w/ Collison and Ford so no need for Posey/Price. Daniels is better than Dahnty Jones to play behind Rush. O'Neal starts @ PF but leaves plenty of mins for Hansbrough or McRoberts as bu's. Hibbert/Foster are the C's. Solid 8 seed who I guess we'd help out via trade but would still batter in rd 1.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

HAHAHA!!! 

CAN'T WAIT FOR BIASLEWIS' REACTION TO THIS.

HAHAHA!!! AGAIN!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd make the same trade offer to Charlotte, no need for a 3rd team, and add in our '13 1st rd pick (top 10 protected) for Gerald Wallace.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We obviously don't need the Pacers to make this trade. I'm just assuming Detroit would like Posey, Price and a 2nd rd pick over JON and Daniels while the Pacers would take a chance on those two with the playoffs in sight and their only needs being @ PF/SG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?:
    [QUOTE]I'd make the same trade offer to Charlotte, no need for a 3rd team, and add in our '13 1st rd pick (top 10 protected) for Gerald Wallace.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

BiasLewis will tell you to put down that bong.

HAHAHA!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about saying you like this trade idea as much as you dislike BiasLewis's wrong opinions on BBD:-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]How about saying you like this trade idea as much as you dislike BiasLewis's wrong opinions on BBD:-)
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I like the deal, it would be an upgrade. Either Gerald Wallace or Tayshaun Prince would be a GREAT addition to an already deep Celtics bench.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : I like the deal, it would be an upgrade. Either Gerald Wallace or Tayshaun Prince would be a GREAT addition to an already deep Celtics bench.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Prince isn't worth a number one pick, Daniels, JO, and Bradley. Possibly Wallace.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

yea..lets blow up team chemistry and tell a team thats won 13 straight games that they arent good enough and we need to trade pieces..this is getting ridiculous. Trade ideas should be coming from NY, ORL (not nemore), and ATL, not boston. what dont you understand. WE CAN WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH THE GROUP WE HAVE RIIGHT NOWWW.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Prince is getting old and breaking down. Daniels has played productive minutes for us this year. JON has a horrible trade value right now. Much better to play him for a month now that he is finally healthy. Two players for one and a number one draft pick - you need something better than an aging Prince to show for it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The good thing is most probably Ainge and Doc would not make any major trades. While the idea of Prince or Wallace coming off the bench for Pierce or Ray is exciting, it doesn't necessarily mean it will become a reality. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Our team centers on Paul Pierce, he needs someone that can give him 12 minutes off during the regular season games, Daniels might emerge but he has not looked like the player I thoght he could be so far this year.  Bradley is years away, Wafer has not had the quality minutes needed to tell if he can or is he can't.  Prince or Wallace are the types of players we could use, but it is early to pull the trigger on this team.  When West returns and JO has had quality minutes, we can evaluate what is needed, the problem is who will be abailable then and what is the cost.  An experiment that should have already been run is how would Luke do for 8 or 10 minutes going in for Paul.  This can not be answered because Doc let the opportunity slip by in the last four or five games. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I stopped reading at Sheed.
    Posted by fiorelladad[/QUOTE]

too bad, you missed a great idea then... and Sheed was only mentioned if one of Shaq, Perk, Baby and Semih got hurt for the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

I dont really get the idea of getting Prince yes he is good (but often enjured) but if we are looking for a defensive player and instant offense I dont think he is the right guy I personally prefer G.Wallace because he can defend both SG and SF positions. About Daniels for Prince no deal healthy player is what we need this season. Am looking forward for Luke "The Apostle" to play I can see that he got a talent to compete in the NBA, he got speed and shooting ability to sub for PP even for 10 minutes.

"No Body Does It Better Than The Boston Celtics"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]yea..lets blow up team chemistry and tell a team thats won 13 straight games that they arent good enough and we need to trade pieces..this is getting ridiculous. Trade ideas should be coming from NY, ORL (not nemore), and ATL, not boston. what dont you understand. WE CAN WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH THE GROUP WE HAVE RIIGHT NOWWW.
    Posted by Jamez+Hill[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt that but I worry about all the long talented SF's in the East.

weren't we also 24-5 the last TWO seasons? How'd that work out?

Upgrading from just Daniels to Prince in the 13 game winning streak rotation would do nothing to hurt team chemistry

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]Our team centers on Paul Pierce, he needs someone that can give him 12 minutes off during the regular season games, Daniels might emerge but he has not looked like the player I thoght he could be so far this year.  Bradley is years away, Wafer has not had the quality minutes needed to tell if he can or is he can't.  Prince or Wallace are the types of players we could use, but it is early to pull the trigger on this team.  When West returns and JO has had quality minutes, we can evaluate what is needed, the problem is who will be abailable then and what is the cost.  An experiment that should have already been run is how would Luke do for 8 or 10 minutes going in for Paul.  This can not be answered because Doc let the opportunity slip by in the last four or five games. 
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Daniels has been fine.  I hope you're not expecting there to be no dropoff from Pierce to his backup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dont see any need for a trade. Our team healthy is a monster. Quis is more than adequate as a backup. The guy plays good defense, can score and plays his role and fits in with the team fine.

Every other position we have outstanding backups for... and then some.

Btw, cant see Luke getting Pierces rest minutes. Luke will have trouble defensively staying with SF's.. but I like when hes on the court.

Just look at the upgrade to our team from last years team that went to the final minutes of game 7.

Then                                 Now                       better or worse?

Center:  Perk & Sheed         Shaq, Perk, JON, Semi       1000x better

PF         limping KG & Baby   Star KG, improved Baby       100x better

SF         Pierce & Quis/TA    Pierce/Quis                        same

SG         Ray/TA                Ray/Nate                           10x better

PG         Rondo                  Rondo/DWest                    100x better

Healthy, we win the NBA title this year.. why tinker around with it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

To be honest I would only like this trade if it was for Wallace. Wallace is a better scorer than Prince and his energy makes up for his on the ball defense that Prince gie you.

I'm just not as high on Prince as some of you are at this stage in his career.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

This guy must be a forlorn Pacers or Pistons fan to suggest such a stupid trade. Why would Prince come off of the bench when that's been his beef with the Pistons!? Why would Wallace consent to come off of the bench when everywhere he's been he's been a starter!? No chemistry problems there, nosiree. Christmas vacation must have started and the kiddies are home from school with nothing else to do but make dumb suggestions. Sorry, I fell into the trap!Yell

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

SoCal,

Keep in mind these are fans playing fantasy basketball with the C's. Some actually think this is a good trade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]To be honest I would only like this trade if it was for Wallace. Wallace is a better scorer than Prince and his energy makes up for his on the ball defense that Prince gie you. I'm just not as high on Prince as some of you are at this stage in his career.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You also playing fantasy basketball with the Cs? 

SoCalCeltFan said,"Why would Wallace consent to come off of the bench when everywhere he's been he's been a starter!?"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : You also playing fantasy basketball with the Cs?  SoCalCeltFan said, " Why would Wallace consent to come off of the bench when everywhere he's been he's been a starter!?"
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You have more to worry about with your Fakers. They haven't played a top team yet, and they've already lost 8 or 9 games!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Is P34 a Laker fan or a C's fan??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I'm a Laker fan?

HAHAHA!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Here's what SoCal had to say about your James Posey dream, Bias.

Unless Posey is related to some of you all, or is secretly posting some of these 'trade' proposals, I see no reason at all to bring this guy back. The Celts would be giving up multiple chips for one overpaid stiff who's hanging onto the water wagon until his cintract expires in 2 years. What did he do yesterday against the Cs? Nada, bupkis. No one even knew he was on the court. Jeez. Let it go already. Posey ain't gonna come walking through that door....EVER!!! 

Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

posted at 12/20/2010 11:44 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=1662ac301789e84a864dd26e7957e329&plckUserId=1662ac301789e84a864dd26e7957e329">
    First: 6/15/2009
    Last: 12/22/2010
    Unless Posey is related to some of you all, or is secretly posting some of these 'trade' proposals, I see no reason at all to bring this guy back. The Celts would be giving up multiple chips for one overpaid stiff who's hanging onto the water wagon until his cintract expires in 2 years. What did he do yesterday against the Cs? Nada, bupkis. No one even knew he was on the court. Jeez. Let it go already. Posey ain't gonna come walking through that door....EVER!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts