Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

Would Joe Dumars trade with Danny Aigne? Not sure if they have gotten over the 80's playoff battles...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?:
    Would Joe Dumars trade with Danny Aigne? Not sure if they have gotten over the 80's playoff battles...
    Posted by beavis

The question is, would Danny trade with JoeD after he got schooled in that three way several years ago that wound up sending Sheed to Detroit where he played on a Championship Piston team. Didn't we wind up with Raef LaFrentz on that turkey?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : This is not how I am looking at it at all. I want to make trades to win championships. I must have forgot that the way we played thru the 1st 30 games last 2 years translated into titles so there should never be a need to tweak and improve at all after a great 30 game start.
    Posted by rameakap

we lost the championship last year bc we got outrebounded. and in game 7 we had a LACK OF BIGS. the year before? we got ousted by orlando. why? bc kg was out..meaning we AGAIN had a LACK OF BIGS. our losses are not attributed to bad wing play..at all. and last yr we dealt with alot ALOT of injuries, leading us to that finish. barring freak injuries again, that will not be the result.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I still don't get the infatuation with Prince. Why add a guy to the bench that's making $11M?? Idiotic!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I still don't get the infatuation with Prince. Why add a guy to the bench that's making $11M?? Idiotic!
    Posted by BiasLewis

Like signing Mikki Moore is not moronic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : Ainge helped Dumars win his '04 ring by swapping Mike James for a 1st rd pick but being the 3rd team in the sheed deal, sending like 8 million in exp contracts so sheed could make it to Motown. Dumars owes us, '04 Celtics were in the same place the '10 Pistons are now
    Posted by rameakap

Forgot about that, you're right Dumars "owes" the "US", the Celtics and Danny!!!

Joe, no need to wrap Prince, just put a bow on him...

Prince would be sweet...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : If we have a SF who is 6'9" can't he defend Odom at 6'10" better than Quis or TA did? Won't he get more rebounds? We will still have the same Perk/Baby duo in June, only Sheed will be replaced by Shaq and KG healthier, which you are saying is why we'll be better... but my point was not that Princes rebounding is the missing link, it is that its just part of the upgraded package you get We did not defend Kobe nearly as well as with Posey in '08... Bron quit last year so who knows if we did better vs him than in '08 w/ Pose great defense, but Pierce sure couldn't go off for points like he could 2 years ago exhausting himself... and this year we likely have 6'9" Deng or 6'10" Gallinari awaiting us in rd 2. The better the bench is, the less 40 min games from Ray/PP and the better chance to bet miami and LA (or Dallas/SA)
    Posted by rameakap

Why assume that the Lakers will get past either San Antonio of Dallas?  Odom won't be on either one of those teams.  So rather than pulling off a trade to defend one person (like DJ to combat Andrew Toney), why not look at the big picture and assess where the Celtics' needs will be in February.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : This is not how I am looking at it at all. I want to make trades to win championships. I must have forgot that the way we played thru the 1st 30 games last 2 years translated into titles so there should never be a need to tweak and improve at all after a great 30 game start.
    Posted by rameakap

Dude, you can't "whine" your way into getting everyone here to agree with stupid trades! "Boo Hoo, I just want to make trades to win championships." BS!!!
    The last two years the Celtics have NOT played this well this far into the season and yet you want to blow our wads on an aging Prince? REALLY? Are you a closet Detriot fan?
    Prince isn't worth a 1st rounder and you want to throw in " Avery Bradley, JON,Daniels, Price/Von Wafer filler, 2011 FIRST rounder, 2011 SECOND rounder ???" Are you daft?!?!?
    This is NOT "tweaking and improving"- it's called blowing up and destroying! Now, like one of the previous posters, I'm starting to question the age of this author because it sounds like an impatient teenage boy wanting to shoot his load as quickly as possible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

The papers are starting to talk about the 2010 Celtics breaking the consecutive 19 game winning streak, having the 2nd best mark in the NBA with only 4 losses but...... LET'S BLOW IT ALL UP!! Oooppss, "tweak and improve".
    So if an aging Prince isn't worth a 1st rounder, then why throw in " Avery Bradley (as you said, major upside), JON, Daniels, Price/Von Wafer filler, 2011 SECOND rounder".
    Completely ridiculous trade scenario and if Danny did this, he's needs to be traded to Detriot as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : Dude, you can't "whine" your way into getting everyone here to agree with stupid trades! "Boo Hoo, I just want to make trades to win championships." BS!!! The last two years the Celtics have NOT played this well this far into the season and yet you want to blow our wads on an aging Prince? REALLY? Are you a closet Detriot fan? Prince isn't worth a 1st rounder and you want to throw in " Avery Bradley, JON,Daniels, Price/Von Wafer filler, 2011 FIRST rounder, 2011 SECOND rounder ???" Are you daft?!?!? This is NOT "tweaking and improving"- it's called blowing up and destroying! Now, like one of the previous posters, I'm starting to question the age of this author because it sounds like an impatient teenage boy wanting to shoot his load as quickly as possible.
    Posted by ReddsGhost

I'm telling ya, this guy is either a Fakers or Pistons fan. This board is more interesting and more popular than those in his hometown, so he hangs around making goofy trade ideas and like an immature teenager bellyaches when no one is convinced he knows what he's talking about. Ignore this fool and he'll wander off to the TMZ or Teenage Girls Gone Wild site! Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : If we have a SF who is 6'9" can't he defend Odom at 6'10" better than Quis or TA did? Won't he get more rebounds? We will still have the same Perk/Baby duo in June, only Sheed will be replaced by Shaq and KG healthier, which you are saying is why we'll be better... but my point was not that Princes rebounding is the missing link, it is that its just part of the upgraded package you get We did not defend Kobe nearly as well as with Posey in '08... Bron quit last year so who knows if we did better vs him than in '08 w/ Pose great defense, but Pierce sure couldn't go off for points like he could 2 years ago exhausting himself... and this year we likely have 6'9" Deng or 6'10" Gallinari awaiting us in rd 2. The better the bench is, the less 40 min games from Ray/PP and the better chance to bet miami and LA (or Dallas/SA)
    Posted by rameakap

You have my vote.  The price may be a little high though.  But Prince is the best fit for the Celts because he is an excellent defensive player, a reasonably versatile offensive player and can backup both of Ray and Paul.  The Celts are on a winning streak with a great record, etc. but they have one weakness in a 7-games playoff series: foul trouble for Ray and/or Paul.  Prince covers that.

Danny has done a masterful job of building up the team without sacrificing draft picks.  As the Celts age, it will be important to save those draft picks.  But I am all for this type of a trade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : The question is, would Danny trade with JoeD after he got schooled in that three way several years ago that wound up sending Sheed to Detroit where he played on a Championship Piston team. Didn't we wind up with Raef LaFrentz on that turkey?
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan

LaFrentz is destined for Springfield!!! The town on the Simpsons!!!!

Joe and Danny appear will not match up...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Prince is good but why mess with a good thing?  Why chance what we know with a maybe or could be.  We have won 14 in a row.  We should be relishing that we are playing so well instead of coming up with stupid ideas about something that will never happen. 

Just like Detroit going 4 and 0 in the season when Detroit had made the conf finals like 4 years in a row and Dumars traded for Iverson, how did that turn out?  Leave the trade talks to Management!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

PUT DOWN THE BONG !

THAT IS THE WORST TRADE IDEA EVER POSTED, UNLESS THEY HAD INTERNET WHEN THE DANNY FORTSON TRADE WENT DOWN...

DANNY GRANGER SHOULD BE THE TARGET

JON or PERK's contract plus:

Avery Bradley
    Von Wafer
    Harangody
    #1 Celtics pick

Put and elite player next to Rondo and 2/3 of the next BIG THREE is already in place....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I HAVE A VISION

IN A DOWN ECONOMY, I SEE THE PACERS CREATING FLEXIBILTY BY TRADING THEIR MOST EXPENSIVE ASSET GOING INTO THE LOCKOUT

I SEE THIS HAPPENING

CELTICS LAND MAJOR YOUNG TALENT IN BID TO REBUILD ON THE FLY...
    I SEE DANNY GRANGER IN A CELTICS UNIFORM

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

PUT DOWN THE BONG ! THAT IS THE WORST TRADE IDEA EVER POSTED, UNLESS THEY HAD INTERNET WHEN THE DANNY FORTSON TRADE WENT DOWN... DANNY GRANGER SHOULD BE THE TARGET JON or PERK's contract plus: Avery Bradley Von Wafer Harangody #1 Celtics pick Put and elite player next to Rondo and 2/3 of the next BIG THREE is already in place....
    Posted by PHX85014

Danny Granger thinks he's a star, and will not accept coming from the bench, while Tayshaun is a more versatile player and can dominate a game without taking 5 shots. I'd do the Tayshaun trade in a heartbeat. This trade would turn this Celtics team from great to unstoppable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Wow this board is getting out of hand. Some of these trades are just flat out ridiculous. Gut the entire team for anorexic Prince and now let's go get Granger. Whew!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Im telling ya, the middle schoolers are out on Christmas Vacation! These are the types of trades some 13 or 14 year old has with his friends. Only now, they can 'share' their 'brilliant' insight with the world via the internet! Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Wow this board is getting out of hand. Some of these trades are just flat out ridiculous. Gut the entire team for anorexic Prince and now let's go get Granger. Whew!
    Posted by BiasLewis

Unless Posey is related to some of you all, or is secretly posting some of these 'trade' proposals, I see no reason at all to bring this guy back. The Celts would be giving up multiple chips for one overpaid stiff who's hanging onto the water wagon until his cintract expires in 2 years. What did he do yesterday against the Cs? Nada, bupkis. No one even knew he was on the court. Jeez. Let it go already. Posey ain't gonna come walking through that door....EVER!!!

Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

posted at 12/20/2010 11:44 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=1662ac301789e84a864dd26e7957e329&plckUserId=1662ac301789e84a864dd26e7957e329">
    First: 6/15/2009
    Last: 12/24/2010
    Unless Posey is related to some of you all, or is secretly posting some of these 'trade' proposals, I see no reason at all to bring this guy back. The Celts would be giving up multiple chips for one overpaid stiff who's hanging onto the water wagon until his cintract expires in 2 years. What did he do yesterday against the Cs? Nada, bupkis. No one even knew he was on the court. Jeez. Let it go already. Posey ain't gonna come walking through that door....EVER!!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I think the team we have is fine as is.  We just need to get healthy.  There aren't too many teams that can bring guys like Delonte West, Perkins/O'neal, Davis etc. off the bench.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Im telling ya, the middle schoolers are out on Christmas Vacation! These are the types of trades some 13 or 14 year old has with his friends. Only now, they can 'share' their 'brilliant' insight with the world via the internet!
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan

Right! LOL! I'm not sure how old some of these guys are but some of these posts tell me they are confusing fantasy basketball with real basketball.

Granger!! Geesh! I know Ainge wanted him in the draft but I guess they think Ainge will gut the team to get Granger or Prince...foolish!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : Right! LOL! I'm not sure how old some of these guys are but some of these posts tell me they are confusing fantasy basketball with real basketball. Granger!! Geesh! I know Ainge wanted him in the draft but I guess they think Ainge will gut the team to get Granger or Prince...foolish!
    Posted by BiasLewis

"gut the team to get Granger or Prince...foolish!"
    Yeah, Ainge shouldn't get Granger or Pierce, but a Mikki Moore signing would be tremendous.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um, match up the incoming/outgoing salaries and see what you come up with? Prince is at $11M I'm not sure what Granger is making.

Keep convincing yourself that it can happen and I guess it will. LOL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

This link should help you come up with a way to get Granger. Good luck, hopefully we still have a bench.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I think it's not so much about who the C's are trading to get next as when the C's are next going to trade.
    I'm sure DA is looking at what's out there.  That's a routine part of his job.  However, having picked up so many pieces in the offseason, and with the C's once again off to a great start, I don't see a trade in the offing anytime soon. 
    What could change that?  Perk and Delonte.  If their recoveries get drastically set back, then DA might pull the trigger. But if they come back, their return presence is going to act like a trade.
    Myself, I think the odds of another trade are 10:1.
    In other words, I think the team is set for the year.

Sections
Shortcuts