Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Laker fan? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You're a Laker fan.....waiter check please!!

Peace!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : You're a Laker fan.....waiter check please!! Peace!!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You know how bad you look to other Celtic fans right now?

You're not even man enough to admit that you mistaken Carlos Delfino for a Euro.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

So you want to give up:
     Avery Bradley (as you said, major upside)
    JON
    Daniels
    Price/Von Wafer filler
    2011 FIRST rounder
    2011 SECOND rounder

For....

An aging Prince??

Between an aging Shaq, an oft injured JON and Perk coming off an inujry, you will need depth before the year is out. Keep all your Bigs.

and with only FOUR losses, why are you even looking to change up the chemistry?
    There is no rule that says you MUST make trades! I swear some folks want to make trades just to try and look good with a " See?, I told you they'd do that".

Bottom line- there is NO REASON TO MAKE A TRADE RIGHT NOW!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : I don't doubt that but I worry about all the ling talented SF's in the East. weren't we also 24-5 the last TWO seasons? How'd that work out? Upgrading from just Daniels to Prince in the 13 game winning streak rotation would do nothing to hurt team chemistry
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

lol why are you SUDDENLY worried about the sf in the east? havent we dealt with them the last 3 yrs? they havent hurt us so far this year and in the playoffs we wont have to deal with nething we havent dealt with before..daniels has been a good player for us this yr. no he doesnt score as much as pierce but hes a BACKUP. you wanna bring in wallace, a starter, for our bench. i just think ur getting a little ridiculous in thinking these trades will work, just bc they sound good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

exactly what reddsghost said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

this would be a good trade Tayshaun Prince well fit perfect with this team Jermaine O'Neal killing me ---Marquis Daniels well be tough to lose but i'll make this trade in heart beat

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Would Joe Dumars trade with Danny Aigne? Not sure if they have gotten over the 80's playoff battles...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]This guy must be a forlorn Pacers or Pistons fan to suggest such a stupid trade. Why would Prince come off of the bench when that's been his beef with the Pistons!? Why would Wallace consent to come off of the bench when everywhere he's been he's been a starter!? No chemistry problems there, nosiree. Christmas vacation must have started and the kiddies are home from school with nothing else to do but make dumb suggestions. Sorry, I fell into the trap!
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan[/QUOTE]

I guess when you played sports you wanted to start and get selfish personal stats over players like myself who would put the team first if it meant winning a championship.

Glad I am a winner and not a loser

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : lol why are you SUDDENLY worried about the sf in the east? havent we dealt with them the last 3 yrs? they havent hurt us so far this year and in the playoffs we wont have to deal with nething we havent dealt with before..daniels has been a good player for us this yr. no he doesnt score as much as pierce but hes a BACKUP. you wanna bring in wallace, a starter, for our bench. i just think ur getting a little ridiculous in thinking these trades will work, just bc they sound good.
    Posted by Jamez+Hill[/QUOTE]

I guess everyone else here thinks we are the 3 time defending champs instead of a team that gave up too many buckets to quick wings and couldn't rebound the last few years.

Shaq over Sheed/injured Perk solves one problem.

the 6'9" Prince would be a major asset of the 6'6" 'Quis

but yeah, Avery and 1st rd pick #30 are clearly more valuabe than a major upgrade in a title run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Would Joe Dumars trade with Danny Aigne? Not sure if they have gotten over the 80's playoff battles...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Ainge helped Dumars win his '04 ring by swapping Mike James for a 1st rd pick but being the 3rd team in the sheed deal, sending like 8 million in exp contracts so sheed could make it to Motown.

Dumars owes us, '04 Celtics were in the same place the '10 Pistons are now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]So you want to give up:  Avery Bradley (as you said, major upside) JON Daniels Price/Von Wafer filler 2011 FIRST rounder 2011 SECOND rounder   For.... An aging Prince?? Between an aging Shaq, an oft injured JON and Perk coming off an inujry, you will need depth before the year is out. Keep all your Bigs. and with only FOUR losses, why are you even looking to change up the chemistry? There is no rule that says you MUST make trades! I swear some folks want to make trades just to try and look good with a " See?, I told you they'd do that". Bottom line- there is NO REASON TO MAKE A TRADE RIGHT NOW!
    Posted by ReddsGhost[/QUOTE]

This is not how I am looking at it at all. I want to make trades to win championships.

I must have forgot that the way we played thru the 1st 30 games last 2 years translated into titles so there should never be a need to tweak and improve at all after a great 30 game start.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

[QUOTE]Would Joe Dumars trade with Danny Aigne? Not sure if they have gotten over the 80's playoff battles...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

The question is, would Danny trade with JoeD after he got schooled in that three way several years ago that wound up sending Sheed to Detroit where he played on a Championship Piston team. Didn't we wind up with Raef LaFrentz on that turkey?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : This is not how I am looking at it at all. I want to make trades to win championships. I must have forgot that the way we played thru the 1st 30 games last 2 years translated into titles so there should never be a need to tweak and improve at all after a great 30 game start.

we lost the championship last year bc we got outrebounded. and in game 7 we had a LACK OF BIGS. the year before? we got ousted by orlando. why? bc kg was out..meaning we AGAIN had a LACK OF BIGS. our losses are not attributed to bad wing play..at all. and last yr we dealt with alot ALOT of injuries, leading us to that finish. barring freak injuries again, that will not be the result.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : The question is, would Danny trade with JoeD after he got schooled in that three way several years ago that wound up sending Sheed to Detroit where he played on a Championship Piston team. Didn't we wind up with Raef LaFrentz on that turkey?

wow

Way to show your ignorance... LaFrentz obv from Dallas for Antoine... google is right there for you man

Just like you showed what type of baller you were in high school (if you even played) with your 'Prince would ruin chemistry b/c h would demand to start' blather

Danny swapped expiring contracts and Mike James for the 1st rd pick we used on Delonte West (or possibly Tony Allen... we picked them back to back

It was a great move for a rebuilding club, and saved money... great move for Joe D as well, he now owes us

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : we lost the championship last year bc we got outrebounded. and in game 7 we had a LACK OF BIGS. the year before? we got ousted by orlando. why? bc kg was out..meaning we AGAIN had a LACK OF BIGS. our losses are not attributed to bad wing play..at all. and last yr we dealt with alot ALOT of injuries, leading us to that finish. barring freak injuries again, that will not be the result.
    Posted by Jamez+Hill[/QUOTE]

If we have a SF who is 6'9" can't he defend Odom at 6'10" better than Quis or TA did? Won't he get more rebounds?

We will still have the same Perk/Baby duo in June, only Sheed will be replaced by Shaq and KG healthier, which you are saying is why we'll be better... but my point was not that Princes rebounding is the missing link, it is that its just part of the upgraded package you get

We did not defend Kobe nearly as well as with Posey in '08... Bron quit last year so who knows if we did better vs him than in '08 w/ Pose great defense, but Pierce sure couldn't go off for points like he could 2 years ago exhausting himself... and this year we likely have 6'9" Deng or 6'10" Gallinari awaiting us in rd 2.

The better the bench is, the less 40 min games from Ray/PP and the better chance to bet miami and LA (or Dallas/SA)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]You need to spend your time on the Detroit Free Press or LA Times boards where you belong. Your pathetic screeds defending your original bad trade ideas are truly tiresome and denotes someone who is not a Celtic fan, is 14 years old, or was abused as a child and lost the ability to reason properly. Please, go back down into the basement and help the other elves prepare for Christmas Eve! Leave the grown ups alone. That is all!

hahaha

the crying of a kid who lost the argument b/c stats and solid points prove it so and who was called out for having zero knowledge of even the most recent teams trade transactions and putting personal stats/accolades over winning.

Maybe JON/Daniels/Avery are more valuable than Prince? you never really know for sure. But I def made the argument otherwise, while you posted childish drivel in response to why you didn't like the idea.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I still don't get the infatuation with Prince. Why add a guy to the bench that's making $11M?? Idiotic!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I still don't get the infatuation with Prince. Why add a guy to the bench that's making $11M?? Idiotic!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Like signing Mikki Moore is not moronic!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : Ainge helped Dumars win his '04 ring by swapping Mike James for a 1st rd pick but being the 3rd team in the sheed deal, sending like 8 million in exp contracts so sheed could make it to Motown. Dumars owes us, '04 Celtics were in the same place the '10 Pistons are now

Forgot about that, you're right Dumars "owes" the "US", the Celtics and Danny!!!

Joe, no need to wrap Prince, just put a bow on him...

Prince would be sweet...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : If we have a SF who is 6'9" can't he defend Odom at 6'10" better than Quis or TA did? Won't he get more rebounds? We will still have the same Perk/Baby duo in June, only Sheed will be replaced by Shaq and KG healthier, which you are saying is why we'll be better... but my point was not that Princes rebounding is the missing link, it is that its just part of the upgraded package you get We did not defend Kobe nearly as well as with Posey in '08... Bron quit last year so who knows if we did better vs him than in '08 w/ Pose great defense, but Pierce sure couldn't go off for points like he could 2 years ago exhausting himself... and this year we likely have 6'9" Deng or 6'10" Gallinari awaiting us in rd 2. The better the bench is, the less 40 min games from Ray/PP and the better chance to bet miami and LA (or Dallas/SA)

Why assume that the Lakers will get past either San Antonio of Dallas?  Odom won't be on either one of those teams.  So rather than pulling off a trade to defend one person (like DJ to combat Andrew Toney), why not look at the big picture and assess where the Celtics' needs will be in February.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : This is not how I am looking at it at all. I want to make trades to win championships. I must have forgot that the way we played thru the 1st 30 games last 2 years translated into titles so there should never be a need to tweak and improve at all after a great 30 game start.

Dude, you can't "whine" your way into getting everyone here to agree with stupid trades! "Boo Hoo, I just want to make trades to win championships." BS!!!
    The last two years the Celtics have NOT played this well this far into the season and yet you want to blow our wads on an aging Prince? REALLY? Are you a closet Detriot fan?
    Prince isn't worth a 1st rounder and you want to throw in " Avery Bradley, JON,Daniels, Price/Von Wafer filler, 2011 FIRST rounder, 2011 SECOND rounder ???" Are you daft?!?!?
    This is NOT "tweaking and improving"- it's called blowing up and destroying! Now, like one of the previous posters, I'm starting to question the age of this author because it sounds like an impatient teenage boy wanting to shoot his load as quickly as possible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

The papers are starting to talk about the 2010 Celtics breaking the consecutive 19 game winning streak, having the 2nd best mark in the NBA with only 4 losses but...... LET'S BLOW IT ALL UP!! Oooppss, "tweak and improve".
    So if an aging Prince isn't worth a 1st rounder, then why throw in " Avery Bradley (as you said, major upside), JON, Daniels, Price/Von Wafer filler, 2011 SECOND rounder".
    Completely ridiculous trade scenario and if Danny did this, he's needs to be traded to Detriot as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : Dude, you can't "whine" your way into getting everyone here to agree with stupid trades! "Boo Hoo, I just want to make trades to win championships." BS!!! The last two years the Celtics have NOT played this well this far into the season and yet you want to blow our wads on an aging Prince? REALLY? Are you a closet Detriot fan? Prince isn't worth a 1st rounder and you want to throw in " Avery Bradley, JON,Daniels, Price/Von Wafer filler, 2011 FIRST rounder, 2011 SECOND rounder ???" Are you daft?!?!? This is NOT "tweaking and improving"- it's called blowing up and destroying! Now, like one of the previous posters, I'm starting to question the age of this author because it sounds like an impatient teenage boy wanting to shoot his load as quickly as possible.
    Posted by ReddsGhost[/QUOTE]

I'm telling ya, this guy is either a Fakers or Pistons fan. This board is more interesting and more popular than those in his hometown, so he hangs around making goofy trade ideas and like an immature teenager bellyaches when no one is convinced he knows what he's talking about. Ignore this fool and he'll wander off to the TMZ or Teenage Girls Gone Wild site! Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : Why assume that the Lakers will get past either San Antonio of Dallas?  Odom won't be on either one of those teams.  So rather than pulling off a trade to defend one person (like DJ to combat Andrew Toney), why not look at the big picture and assess where the Celtics' needs will be in February.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

So you refer to a great trade in celtics history to say why Prince wouldn't be a good move? DJ was also a pretty good defender of Magic you know and a superior PG to the washed up Tiny Archibal he replaced.

I'm not saying make this trade now, i'm saying make it when:

A.) You see that Perk is healthy and will contribute 8-12 regular season mins and 16-20 playoff mins

B.) You get word from Rasheed that he is in at least decent shape and ready to return IF AND ONLY IF one of Shaq, Baby, Perk,  and KG goes down for a long time (the only real reason we'd miss JON, who will not break a playoff rotation over any of those 4)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Prince is an upgrade to 'Quis. That is the only change in this teams playoff rotation. so less mins in rd's 1 and 2 for Pierce and Ray with Prince here. A BETTER player than 'Quis in the late rounds. That is called a championship trade.

Dallas has Marion/Dirk who Prince can cover and really be helpful. He'd be MORE needed on them than on Odom/Artest that is obvious to me.

San Antonio doesn't really have a glaring guy that Prince's length and skill-set will be needed on... but I'd think if we made it to the finals to find ourselves playing the Spurs the city of Boston would have a small celebration... SA won't beat us. Their 3 best players, Parker/Manu/Duncan are are a wash comapred to Rondo/Allen/KG... Pierce is much better than and ownes Rich Jefferson. Then we have an incredible bench next to their weak one.